Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God's plan is to restore Sodom. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who claims to know God, because God is a healer and a Restorer. When we look at Jesus, we see God Himself.

That is as about as much of a skewed claim of God's plan that one can possibly make.

All of you amen'ers are going to be in for a very rude awaking when the floor drops out from underneath of all of the people of Sodom when they are thrown into hell forever .... eternally ... or the YLT's terminology "age of ages"
Before you start frothing at the mouth condemning others, read God's plan, "from the horse's mouth":

Quote:
As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.

Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they: they are more righteous than thou: yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.

When I shall bring again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, then will I bring again the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them:

That thou mayest bear thine own shame, and mayest be confounded in all that thou hast done, in that thou art a comfort unto them.

When thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate, and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate, then thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate.

For thy sister Sodom was not mentioned[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE]by thy mouth in the day of thy pride,

Before thy wickedness was discovered, as at the time of thy reproach of the daughters of Syria,[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE]and all that are round about her, the daughters of the Philistines, which despise thee round about.

Thou hast borne[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE]thy lewdness and thine abominations, saith the LORD.

For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even deal with thee as thou hast done, which hast despised the oath in breaking the covenant.

Nevertheless I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish unto thee an everlasting covenant.

Then thou shalt remember thy ways, and be ashamed, when thou shalt receive thy sisters, thine elder and thy younger: and I will give them unto thee for daughters, but not by thy covenant.

And I will establish my covenant with thee; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD:

That thou mayest remember, and be confounded, and never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame, when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done, saith the Lord GOD.
Ezek. 16: 48 -63

Somehow I get the feeling that God has a much larger plan for mankind than your "hellfire and brimstone."

BTW, the early church didn't preach hell. So why do you?? If you say you follow the Bible, why don't you do what's written there??

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Before you start frothing at the mouth condemning others, read God's plan, "from the horse's mouth":

Somehow I get the feeling that God has a much larger plan for mankind than your "hellfire and brimstone."

BTW, the early church didn't preach hell. So why do you?? If you say you follow the Bible, why don't you do what's written there??

Peace,
brian
There is no denying this. You read all the accounts of the good news being shared in the book of Acts and you will find none of them preaching you're going to hell for not believing.

Acts 8:5 Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Christ there.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:04 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:

I don't think you understand what and who those passages talk about. It is not about the ancient people of Sodom who will be "restored".

Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,338,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think you understand what and who those passages talk about. It is not about the ancient people of Sodom who will be "restored".
Is that what God told you, or your preacher?

Personally speaking, I don't see anything in Ezek. 16 that says, "not those people, just the town."
Peace,
brian

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not: 21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. 23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Matthew 11

What is the day of judgement? What could clearly be worse than what happened to Sodom?
It could be the ***day*** of judgment is the future day when Christ comes to judge the world. Now I must admit that most people, when they see the word "judge" (the act of judging) or "judgment" (the result or outcome of what is judged) is often wrong. All "judge" means it "to set right."

For instance the Israelite judges were accused of not judging the widow and fatherless.

Isa_1:17 Leave off the evil! Learn to be good! Inquire for judgment! Make happy the wronged!
Judge the orphan! Contend for the widow!

This is the sad part:

Psa_94:6 They kill the widow and the sojourner, And they murder the orphans."
Psa_146:9 Yahweh, Guardian over the sojourners; The orphan and the widow shall He bolster up, Yet the way of the wicked shall He overturn."

Pro_15:25 Yahweh shall tear away the house of the proud, Yet He shall keep the widow's boundaries intact."

Pro_23:10 Do not move away the boundary marker of the widow, And into the fields of the orphans do not enter,

By judging the widow and the orphan, the judges in Israel should have been setting the people straight as to what their rights are. Instead, they were letting the widow and orphan be taken advantage of.

In that future day, the day of judging, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom than for others. There will be different levels of outcome for that judging. This judging is not about heaven or hell but about what different lands of people will get when Christ sets up His kingdom to rule over the nations.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Is that what God told you, or your preacher?
Personally speaking, I don't see anything in Ezek. 16 that says, "not those people, just the town."
Neither do I, but then again I never said it said that. Did God tell you to make that comment, or was it your preacher?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:28 PM

14,699 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Hi, it was God's good pleasure to restore all to Himself (Colossians 1), even those who were destroyed in Sodom. The "age of the ages" does not refer to eternity, but refers to the greatest age of all of the ages. just as the Lord is Lord of lords and the King of kings.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-04-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity