U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 AM

113 posts, read 113,290 times

Advertisements

Worship is a lifestyle and daily experience

Worship is a lifestyle not mean to be a Sunday event, it is a daily experience which we are committed to for the rest of our existence, so if you don’t go to church does that mean that in that week, or if you relocate away from church then you will not worship.

Worship goes beyond geographical boundaries, atmospheres, locations, prayer, churches and any kind of meetings. We worship God everywhere and anywhere, with lifted voices, with silent adoration, lifted hands, fruits of our lips, the blessing from our hearts and whatever we can find to bring glory to our God.

“Worship is a lifestyle and daily experience and not an event”

Worship in church is important as it brings that corporate worship even David knew that worship in a congregational place has an amazing blessing as the draws a lot from God, where two or three are gathered in my name there I would be also. Corporate worship is highly important as it bring the whole group as worship as a corporate body.

“Worship starts from deep within our hearts and is expressed in the way we relate to God”

Worship in the Old Testament was restricted only to the temple because that is where the presence of God was housed in the form of the Ark of the Covenant but after the death of Jesus worship in the New Testament was offered everywhere so long as you are willing to lift him higher.

“God will be pleased with the man whose life prove what their lyrics are saying”

Jesus said it in John 4:20 that it’s not the venue whether it’s a mountain, temple, synagogue, festivals but it was to become a man’s lifestyle everywhere, man had become the temple so where ever the man was that is where worship would be offered.

“Worship is not an external activity precipitated by the right environment”

When worship is lead by people with an apostolic, prophetic or evangelistic gift, that worship takes people places into the heart of God. I come from a house where worship is lead by a prophetess and every Sunday our worship is different. There are certain things that God can only release in a corporate setting rather than in a personal worship life.

Corporate worship will be most powerful when the individuals that gathered in the place have been worshipping God throughout the whole week before they came to worship in a corporate setting.

“Worship is how we live our daily lives and not how we express it on Sunday mornings”

Worship the Lord always, don’t wait to sing a song, or dance, worship through and because of the blood of Jesus is now everywhere and everywhere, in the Old Testament you had to be led by a Priest or Levitical Singer and now worship is done by you and Jesus is your Worship Leader.

Is Worship a Sunday Thing or A Daily Life Experience, what do you think…

“Worship Him in the Splendor of His Beauty”
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 AM

1,253 posts, read 2,895,725 times
Worship is an everyday thing...anywhere, anytime. Anything that will draw us nearer to Him (The Lord) then I, personally consider it worship...prayer, singing, studying His Word, corporate, small group or just us (He and I).

It is not just Sunday morning, Wednesday night or a Saturday service...it's everyday in all we do...

Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 AM

I have challenges with them that think that worship is confined to sunday or to the meeting in church, their thinking is music alone is worship

Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 AM

3,066 posts, read 2,936,331 times
This dates me, but the soundtrack from Walk on the Wild Side has the lyrics:

One day for praying,
And six days for fun.
The odds of going to heaven,
Are six to one.

(Actually, it should be one to six, but that doesn't rhyme).

Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM

8,238 posts, read 9,994,274 times
God clearly sees the difference between 'Religious ritual' and 'Spirit and Truth worship' -- and only accepts the latter, regardless of what we 'think.' The calendar day is irrelevant.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,865,688 times
For me, it depends on what you mean by "worship." My beliefs shape my life in virtually every regard. It's not as if my religion is just one little compartment I open for a couple of hours each Sunday. The fact that God told us to keep the Sabbath Day holy mean, at least to me, that we should set one day a week apart, making it different from the rest. I see Sunday worship as one of the ways in which we can do that. The rest of the time we should be living our lives in conformity to what we have taken in as a part of our Sunday worship. Every day of the week should be lived with God in mind.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM

373 posts, read 310,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkofWorship View Post
Worship is a lifestyle and daily experience

Worship is a lifestyle not mean to be a Sunday event,
I think both.
Surely it's a lifestyle. We agree on that.
Part of the lifestyle is study. So if you learn something new at church it's part of that lifestyle.
You might meet a few people that want to form a study group. I think that's also part of the lifestyle.
So for me it isn't 'or' but 'and'.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:47 PM

11,918 posts, read 13,814,338 times
Quote:
Is Worship a Sunday Thing or A Daily Life Experience, what do you think…
To me, worship is a daily life experience because it is honoring God with our lives. We worship Him by serving Him, by living for Him, by submitting to His will for us and so I think it is a way of living. It is good to come together with other believers to lift Him up in praise and song too but I think that that is just one aspect of worship. God bless.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
God clearly sees the difference between 'Religious ritual' and 'Spirit and Truth worship' -- and only accepts the latter, regardless of what we 'think.' The calendar day is irrelevant.
One man said "Sunday worship becomes amazing when we spend the whole week in a lifestyle that glorifies God" for sure "The calendar day is irrelevant"

Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM

27 posts, read 22,505 times
We generally think of worship in terms of certain types of activities in which we engage at perscribed times. We participate collectivrly in a set of styalized forms of singing, praying, giving, and the Lord's supper and we refer to this as times of formal worship. Now, I certainly do not wish to make light of these activities nor do I wish to minimalize the importance of our involvement in them. These things are not only approved of the Lord but are mandated by him as part of our corporate involvement with one another in worshiping God as the body collective. However, these activities are not intended to represent the full body of our worship experience. This is not the total framework of worship that we see in scripture.

Scripture calls us to a more expanded concept of worship than the simple engagement of ourselves in styalized activities. Worship demands of us a total surrender of the whole person. We must learn to re-define our concept of worship and allow worship to extend beyond the walls of the assymbly. It must be allowed to permiate every area of our lives and our very being.

In Deut. 6:4-6 and Lk. 10:27, we find that worship involves the heart (this is the seat of emotion), the soul (the inner person, the true man), the might or strength (this is what governs one's actions), and our mind (this is the intellect). This leaves no part of the individual that is not connected to the Lord. But, what happens to a nation or the people of God when they begin to separate the idea of worship from the day-to-day activities of our lives? In Isa. 1, God tells Israel that because the worship of their lives (which is represented in the Burnt Offering sacrifice as the consecration of all that one is and all that one has) has become corrupt, wicked, unjust, and defiled, the worship of their offering and temple activities had become worthless because there was no consecration of heir lives. Consequently, God tells them not to bring these worthless things to him any longer.

Worship then, defines a lifestyle, not just a set of collective activities. Our entire lives must go up before God as "sweet smelling savor" or our participation in collective worship activities ceases to be worship and becomes a stench in the nosterals of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or