U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,041,075 times

Advertisements

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

What is the harvest? Whats the difference between the wheat and the tares?

Matthew 13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,653,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

What is the harvest? Whats the difference between the wheat and the tares?

Matthew 13
Since the farmer would damage his crops by pulling out the weeds (tares), he waited until the wheat was ready to harvest, at which time he harvested all of it, and separated it, good from bad. The good he kept, the bad got thrown in the fire.

Likewise, on the day of judgment, the Christians will be with God in Heaven, the non-Christians will be thrown in the fire.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM

104 posts, read 87,995 times
I thought this thread was "Why does God Allow evil"

There is only one reason. He gave us Free Will, which even He does not abrogate. That is the only reason Jesus died on the cross, while the Universe watched.

The matter of tares and wheat has been misunderstood, as is the case with almost all the parables.

The "wheat" are those humans following the path Jesus taught - Divine Love. The "tares" are in fact you guys, and most of the world. Those following a natural love path, the golden rule. The reference to separation is that we each have to choose, and the entrance to the Kingdom is only granted to those who are wearing the wedding garment - the Divine Love. If you do not get entrance to the Kingdom, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE IN HELL. That is another error.

Quote:
"And so we work, and so you must work until the time of the (great) separation, and as the Master said, the wheat and the tares must be permitted to grow together until the great time of the harvest, so must the soul with only the natural love and that with the Divine Love be permitted to mingle together until the reaping of the harvesting shall take place. And until then, we must mingle and work and pray without ceasing."
and
Quote:
"When on earth I taught the doctrine of salvation only through the workings of the Holy Spirit in fulfilling the commandments of the Father. Mere belief in me or in my name without this Love will never enable any man to become the possessor of this Love. Hence the saying; "that all sins against me or even against God's commandments may be forgiven men, but the sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven them, neither while on earth nor when in the spirit world." This means that so long as a man rejects the influences of the Spirit he sins against it, and such sin prevents him from receiving this Divine Love; and hence, in that state he cannot possibly be forgiven, and be permitted to enter into the Celestial Kingdom of the Father."

Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM

104 posts, read 87,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Likewise, on the day of judgment, the Christians will be with God in Heaven, the non-Christians will be thrown in the fire.
Fortunately that is not true, but unfortunately most Christians don't actually know how to obtain a Wedding Garment.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM

19,950 posts, read 13,653,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_in_Aus View Post
Fortunately that is not true, but unfortunately most Christians don't actually know how to obtain a Wedding Garment.
Yah...nevermind what Jesus ACTUALLY SAID.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,156,126 times
Hi, I believe that without the experience of evil, we would not really know or understand what goodness and righteousness really are. Evil is contrasted with goodness just as light is contrasted with darkness. We would not really know God as our Savior with out the experience of evil and sin. Now, we know the depth and nature of God's love for us, even as we were described as His enemies. God's love is not a selfish love. It is a love that loves the unlovable and we would not fully realize or understand this unless we were cast into this position. The man who had been blind from birth was not blind because he had sinned but so that the work of God would be made manifest in him. I believe that God has a purpose for all things. Through the experience of evil, God allows the sons of the kingdom to exist side by side with the sons of the evil one. At the end of the age, He will make a distinction between the two. He will reveal what is really good and right in the work that He is doing in the sons of the kingdom as opposed to what is not good and right. The sons of the evil one will not inherit the kingdom at the end of the age. God bless.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM

21,978 posts, read 22,162,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, I believe that without the experience of evil, we would not really know or understand what goodness and righteousness really is. Evil is contrasted with goodness just as light is contrasted with darkness. We would not really know God as our Savior with out the experience of evil and sin. Now, we know the depth and nature of God's love for us, even as we were described as His enemies. God's love is not a selfish love. It is a love that loves the unlovable and we would not fully realize or understand this unless we were cast into this position. The man who had been blind from birth was not blind because he had sinned but so that the work of God would be made manifest in him. God has a purpose for all things. Through the experience of evil, God allows the sons of the kingdom to exist side by side with the sons of the evil one. At the end of the age, He will make a distinction between the two. He will reveal what is really good and right in the work that He is doing in the sons of the kingdom as opposed to what is not good and right. The sons of the evil one will not inherit the kingdom at the end of the age. God bless.
I can agree with every word, Shana.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,156,126 times
Thanks, Katzpur. I know that many disagree that evil has a place in the plan of God. God bless.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM

32,302 posts, read 21,149,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yah...nevermind what Jesus ACTUALLY SAID.
Well we know he never actually said Christians go to heaven and non Christians get thrown into a fire. It's because of this belief that Christianity as a whole is powerless. A form of godliness but denying the power, How ? By believing salvation is about avoiding hell to in entrance to heaven, Jesus never taught this.

He came that we might have life and life more abundantly . What does this mean ? A life of joy and peace in believing in this life, for now is the day of salvation

The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Jesus was anointed to do this so that we we being freed, could "live" in the salvation of God, not so we go to heaven. We seek the Kingdom of Heaven in the here and now .

Last edited by pcamps; 01-03-2013 at 06:32 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 06:59 PM

1,321 posts, read 1,041,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_in_Aus View Post
I thought this thread was "Why does God Allow evil"

There is only one reason. He gave us Free Will, which even He does not abrogate. That is the only reason Jesus died on the cross, while the Universe watched.

The matter of tares and wheat has been misunderstood, as is the case with almost all the parables.

The "wheat" are those humans following the path Jesus taught - Divine Love. The "tares" are in fact you guys, and most of the world. Those following a natural love path, the golden rule. The reference to separation is that we each have to choose, and the entrance to the Kingdom is only granted to those who are wearing the wedding garment - the Divine Love. If you do not get entrance to the Kingdom, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE IN HELL. That is another error.

and
[/i]
Thats nice. If you'd like to back up those "ideas" with scripture, you're more than welcome. If not please stop making things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity