Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,365,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This is what happens in open forum...It can get ugly...
Do Christians "get ugly?"

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Agree. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but God created all things, including satan whether or not you believe satan is a personal being. God brought him or it into existence. What if satan was created as a perfect being and then went bad. Was there some kind of defect in his creation? Did satan have free will to choose and if he did choose evil, didn't God know that he would choose to rebel? Was the Creator unaware that something like this could or would happen? If He knew what it could happen, why didn't He stop it or fix it? Or does He make mistakes? If He knew that it would happen, why did He permit it? I believe that this is God's creation, His work and everything is under His control, even evil. Even if you don't believe that He created evil, the fact that He allows it to continue to exist, means that there is a purpose for it, I believe. God bless and peace.
Amen, Shana. I would even add, that there is a certain "beauty" to it. Trusting in Him, we will do just fine.

Blessings sis,
brian

Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
God indeed raises the dead. Yet God also created death.

It's not, I believe, that God "needs" tragedy. He can do anything, of course.
Yet in the scheme of things, evil and suffering is part of the universe that He created. And it has been shown that man sometimes needs to meet suffering and evil in order for him to come to his senses.

My life has been an example of this.. God lets us get into "hell" yet He then saves us from it.

This is how the Lord works. He brings down, He raises up. "God thrust Job down, not man."

Blessings,
brian
Is amazing how we both look at the same scripture and literally see something entirely different. What I do know is we reap what we sow, if we sow from the flesh we reap destruction. So as far as i am concerned the destruction If I have sowed from the flesh is my doing( not Gods), but thankfully even in the distress of destruction if I cry to to The Lord He hears.

God created death ? Not the death you are assuming.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Do Christians "get ugly?"

Peace,
brian
Well, look at the Westboro Baptist Church....

Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 AM

317 posts, read 527,947 times
We are all just pawns in a big game

Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Amen, Shana. I would even add, that there is a certain "beauty" to it. Trusting in Him, we will do just fine.

Blessings sis,
brian
Brian
Hope you are not saying those who do not believe that God creates evil, uses evil, and uses satan as a sheepdog do not trust God.

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it ARE the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23.

There's certainly beauty to this ^^^^^^^.

Death and life ARE IN the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

So life and death come from within ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-20-2013 at 07:43 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, look at the Westboro Baptist Church....
If we uncritically observe ourselves we will find ugliness much closer to home. The truth sets you free.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:44 AM

14,867 posts, read 17,139,286 times
Quote:

Yes, we can trust that all is in His hands. Even if you believe that evil that happens is only the result of a person's actions, if you think about it, who created man? I believe that if the Creator created a creature who has the ability and capacity to create all kinds of evil on its own, the Creator is still ultimately responsible because He brought it (the creature) into being. And if you believe that He knows all things, then how could He not be responsible? Someone said it like this, if you designed, invented a machine and the machine went haywire, you are still ultimately responsible for what it does, right? The manufacturer is responsible. Everything about the machine was under your control when you designed it. Mankind is responsible for evil to a certain extent, but I believe that it was a part of the design for a purpose. God designed mankind. And if evil came in outside of His control and design, did He make a mistake? Is there something that exists that He does not know about? Was there a flaw in the design and with Him being God, why didn't He fix it? Why let it go on knowing what the consequences would be? If you believe that He gave man free will, He also knew what the consequences would be, for giving mankind free will in His creation, didn't He? So I believe that the buck stops with God and that I another reason why I believe that He will fix the broken creation (even though this thread is not related to UR) because He is ultimately responsible. How could He not be? God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-20-2013 at 08:02 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Brian
Hope you are not saying those who do not believe that God creates evil, uses evil, and uses satan as a sheepdog do not trust God.

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it ARE the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23.

There's certainly beauty to this ^^^^^^^.

Death and life ARE IN the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

So life and death come from within ?.
I'm not saying that people who don't share my POV on evil don't trust in God, simply that they don't seem to realize that ultimately, God IS the author of all things, whether man does them or not. The idea that "God doesn't want evil, it happens because of us but He doesn't want it" has no foundation. Because in the end, God is in fact the Maker of everything. If life and death come from within, who designed it that way? Who made life and death possible? God.

So it's the statement that He "doesn't want it" or that "He can't do anything about it" that's the real cop-out.

Shana is better at getting these things across than I am..

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-20-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa71 View Post
We are all just pawns in a big game
I don't think it's quite that banal, corsa71. True, God has His way. But it's also for our good and our perfection. Aisi..

Peace,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity