Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 10:10 AM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very good post Pleroo. I believe we are spiritual beings in a dream of human experience, waking up to the reality of who we really are .

I see it that way, as well. You worded that perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I don't believe that God is a God of confusion just like He is not a God of evil. This is not a part of His nature but He permits and uses it for a purpose, just like with the Tower of Babel. He confused the languages for a reason, but ultimately, all are to be in peace and harmony when all are restored. God bless.

1 Corinthians 14:30 But if a revelation is made to another who is seated, the first one must keep silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all may be exhorted; 32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets; 33 for God is not a God of confusion but of [m]peace, as in all the churches of the saints. (NAS)

I just keep thinking we're not so far apart in the way we think EXCEPT that I do not believe evil is necessary to accomplish God's purpose. "God permits evil" -- I don't disagree with that. We have been given dominion over God's creative Word in our existence, and with that comes the risk we will abuse that dominion (turn away from God). But we do not become mature by abusing it. We can only truly become mature when our focus remains on God -- "we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is".

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I see it that way, as well. You worded that perfectly.
He often does.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
You are annoying on this thread. I could see how ahigherway would not want to respond to you. All of your posts are so antagonistic, no matter how thoughtful they may be. Please just stop. It's only the Internet for gosh sakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
This is what happens in open forum...It can get ugly...

Before I started to speak of the total goodness of God theses same people who do not want to talk to me now I use to get amen's from when I was speaking on the restitution of all things.

My tone and the way I present things they had no problem with, as they were in agreement with me concerning the issue.

But all of a sudden because they find I am not in agreement with them on the issue of a totally good God they have a problem with the way I speak.

So maybe just maybe the problem is not mine, but rather theirs. Maybe just maybe it is the message and not the tone they have a problem with.

In any case people need to grow a thicker skin, I was not given the gift of flowery speech, I am who I am, and if I lose friends for the sake of the Gospel then that is a burden I will gladly (although it hurts) bare.

Any way I think it is time for me to take a break from the form.

God bless

Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Before I started to speak of the total goodness of God theses same people who do not want to talk to me now I use to get amen's from when I was speaking on the restitution of all things.

My tone and the way I present things they had no problem with, as they were in agreement with me concerning the issue.

But all of a sudden because they find I am not in agreement with them on the issue of a totally good God they have a problem with the way I speak.

So maybe just maybe the problem is not mine, but rather theirs. Maybe just maybe it is the message and not the tone they have a problem with.

In any case people need to grow a thicker skin, I was not given the gift of flowery speech, I am who I am, and if I lose friends for the sake of the Gospel then that is a burden I will gladly (although it hurts) bare.

God bless
Hey pneuma if its any consolation I have never read a post of yours where you have never been anything but respectful.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

God bless
If you need to, I understand, truly, though it would sadden me. I'll just say that I appreciate you and that you faithfully present your understanding and I have obviously benefited from it. As for the different styles of communication, I prefer some over others, too, and that's okay. The more ways in which something is presented, the better, because different styles speak to different people.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
One thing's for certain: I don't need people to bombard me with questions that they don't want my answers to, and posts telling me I'm wrong. If anyone here doesn't agree with my POV that God uses satan for our benefit, one post saying you don't agree is enough. Either we enter into non-emotional, scriptural discussion of the issue, if we want to hash out the idea.. or else just don't participate.

Is that a lot to ask?

Peace,
brian

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
My belief is that ultimately, all goes back to the source and the source of all things goes back to God. "From Him, through Him, and to Him, are all things" Romans 11:36 I accept this unless God shows me otherwise, that all is out of God. If you believe that evil comes only from man, then I see that evil would not exist, if mankind had not been created. Who created man? God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-20-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
My belief is that ultimately, all goes back to the source and the source of all things goes back to God. "From Him, through Him, and to Him, are all things" Romans 11:36 I accept this unless God shows me otherwise, that all is out of God. If you believe that evil comes only from man, then I see that evil would not exist, if mankind had not been created. Who created man? God bless and peace.
I agree Shana and the source goes beyond Eden.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Again, I see us as being so very close in understanding but just that a tiny move in one direction or another causes us to see it from a different perspective. Aisi, evil is a result of our losing sight of God and, in my mind that's not at all the same as saying that evil comes from, or is caused by, God.

But I know we agree that God's ultimate goal will be achieved, regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity