Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Let me know when you think of a good reason. I'll be here.
I do it to set the captives of fear free from the bondage they are in. I do it to declare that God is NOT the enemy of man. I do it to declare the goodness of God - the mercy of God, the long-suffering of God. I do it in hopes of helping people get free from all the lies that religion has sown in their hearts and made them crippled. I'm pretty sure that is what motivates Sparrow as well as the other Universalists who post here.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Twin, I have never said that "you will not surely die". Many will die in their sins and there are consequences for this. Death is also to be abolished one day. Please see 1. Cor. 15. God bless and peace.
And Twin, I have never stated that we will not die - in fact, we are appointed to die, and that has not changed. Christ's death did not cancel your appointment with death. I do think that there are some Christians who think they will never die because of that one scripture that says whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die. But we need to study that scripture out to see what it is really saying and in what context because we are also told to crucify the flesh and to follow Jesus in his suffering and death.
Yet you think that your mental ascent to a man named Jesus and a sinners prayer, or your church attendance is going to spare you from some torment you imagine for those who do not believe the way you do. And you even sound gleeful about it at times.
Your religion is the "I'm right and you are wrong - go burn in hell forever all you who do not do as I say". There is nothing more ungracious than that.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Of all the talking points from our UR friends, this probably is the most honest answer as to why ....... fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You don't understand why you would want to release someone from fear?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:33 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You know who you guys are. Do you evangelize, or share you faith with others?
Moderator cut: delete

Quote:
Everyone will be saved regardless, in your world. Is it really that big of a deal?
Everyone who acknowledges Christ's Atonement, repents of their sins and accepts Him as their Savior will be saved, but it would hardly be fair of God to condemn someone who has never heard. That's why we try to share His gospel with everyone we can. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2013 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Having hard enough time keeping this on topic as it is :)

Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Of all the talking points from our UR friends, this probably is the most honest answer as to why ....... fear.

Perfect love casts out fear, Twin. If what you preach induces people to fear, then is it grounded in the God who is love?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
the funny thing to me is the fact that most church goers dont evangelize. they will invite you to church in hopes that the preacher will preach the guilt trip message. They will invite you to church, but rarely will you see one evangelize the gospel to others. If a person says i dont want to go to church, then that is it. how about asking that person to open their home so you can evangelize? nope!!! not a traditionalist. You have to go to church in their eyes. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2013 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: I agree, but mention of JW's may cause a derailment into JW's OK?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Perfect love casts out fear, Twin. If what you preach induces people to fear, then is it grounded in the God who is love?
Did Jesus preach Luke 12:5 .... Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2013 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: rude sarcasm

Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
the funny thing to me is the fact that most church goers dont evangelize. they will invite you to church in hopes that the preacher will preach the guilt trip message. They will invite you to church, but rarely will you see one evangelize the gospel to others. If a person says i dont want to go to church, then that is it. how about asking that person to open their home so you can evangelize? nope!!! not a traditionalist. You have to go to church in their eyes. You gotta at least acknowledge that the JW do that way better than the traditionalist.
Then you've been deprived, for that is still some of us "traditionalists" who do and are encouraged to do so. yup!!!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Did Jesus preach Luke 12:5 ....[orphaned quote[/mod]
Moderator cut: orphaned response

Jesus followed up what he said in the passage you referenced with what he said in Luke 12:7 ...

But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2013 at 09:35 AM..

Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Did Jesus preach Luke 12:5 ..Moderator cut: orphaned.
Luke 12:7( 2 verses later)

but even the hairs of your head have been all numbered; therefore fear ye not, than many sparrows ye are of more value.

If this is true ^^^^^^ that God values and meets us in life, then why would you fear God in the way you suppose and do ?. I will tell you why, you believe you are separated from God and believe he needs appeasing by agreeing that you deserve damnation to be eternally tormented for sin,and this is the message you use to convert the world.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-15-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity