Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Being Lutheran has nothing to do it, as a Christian it has everything to do with it.

You're misdirecting the focus of my "anti" isms.

As a Christian, where I've been announcing anti-mercy, anti-grace, anti-love is against people's claim that God is going to show love\mercy\grace when Jesus said where God will not.

To say God does where he doesn't is preaching a false hope, a false mercy, a false grace ..... a false gospel.

UR theology has no theology standards at all.

Theology standards? What does that mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,406,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No theology standards?
He's kidding, right?

UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University
An excellent website expounding Christian Biblical Universalism

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World

Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
It means if you are unlearned and ignorant to the teachings and doctrines of men you have no standards in their eyes.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It means if you are unlearned and ignorant to the teachings and doctrines of men you have no standards in their eyes.

Ah. Well, I'm not ignorant of the teachings and doctrines of men. I believed pretty much the exact same ones Twin did. And even at that time, I believed in UR, too.

I held to every single doctrine of Lutheranism, except the doctrine of eternal torment. I believed in an inerrant, infallible Bible and came to see, in that Bible, a God of grace, mercy and love whose desire was for all to be saved and who would achieve his desire.

I believed in the Trinity; I believed in the penal substitution theory of atonement and that that sacrifice was made on behalf of the whole world; I believed that faith in that sacrifice was necessary for salvation, and that God alone could impart that faith. I believed everything you believe, Twin, EXCEPT for the doctrine of eternal hell. My belief in UR never threatened any of those other beliefs. Can you really tell me that at that point in time you would not have considered me to be a Christian believing in the same God you do? Would you have condemned me to hell with your words?

Is the idea that God will torment people for eternity so central to your belief system that you cannot see beyond it? Is it so important to you that it is worth it to you to denigrate the love of God for all people in order to speak condemnation?

You believe that God imparts faith, yes? That nothing in ourselves can bring us to saving faith, but only the goodness and mercy of God? Then why not speak loudly and joyfully of that goodness and mercy? According to what you believe, if God has chosen to give someone faith in that goodness and grace, then they will have faith, simply because of the kindness of God. No threats necessary.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Ah. Well, I'm not ignorant of the teachings and doctrines of men. I believed pretty much the exact same ones Twin did. And even at that time, I believed in UR, too.

I held to every single doctrine of Lutheranism, except the doctrine of eternal torment. I believed in an inerrant, infallible Bible and came to see, in that Bible, a God of grace, mercy and love whose desire was for all to be saved and who would achieve his desire.

I believed in the Trinity; I believed in the penal substitution theory of atonement and that that sacrifice was made on behalf of the whole world; I believed that faith in that sacrifice was necessary for salvation, and that God alone could impart that faith. I believed everything you believe, Twin, EXCEPT for the doctrine of eternal hell. My belief in UR never threatened any of those other beliefs. Can you really tell me that at that point in time you would not have considered me to be a Christian believing in the same God you do? Would you have condemned me to hell with your words?

Is the idea that God will torment people for eternity so central to your belief system that you cannot see beyond it? Is it so important to you that it is worth it to you to denigrate the love of God for all people in order to speak condemnation?

You believe that God imparts faith, yes? That nothing in ourselves can bring us to saving faith, but only the goodness and mercy of God? Then why not speak loudly and joyfully of that goodness and mercy? According to what you believe, if God has chosen to give someone faith in that goodness and grace, then they will have faith, simply because of the kindness of God. No threats necessary.

So what happened Pleroo ? .

I must have been a Lutheran myself but was to unlearned and ignorant to have known it.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Exactly that. UR has no theology standards when certain "all" verses must be understood "all inclusive".

One of these three is a fool fool's theology:
Atheist: "there is no God"
God: "a fool says there is no God"
UR: "every knee will bow in belief"

Everybody else: (name any other religion other than one that believes Jesus is the only true "God")
God: "only the name of Jesus where one must be saved", for "I alone save" (NT ref to OT ref)
UR: repeat after me: "all" means "all inclusive"

Unbeliever: "who needs faith, my morals are good enough to get me through"
God: "without faith it is impossible to please"
UR: ah... but "with God all things are possible"
And the table is now set for the non standards theology of Universalism

Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM

SEQUENTIAL LOGIC

Can God do anything He wishes? Yes. “All that Yahweh delights He does,
In the heavens and on earth, In the seas and every abyss” Ps. 135:6.
See Matt. 19:25, 26.

Does God wish all to be saved? Yes. “Who will have all men to be saved
and to come to the knowledge of the truth” 1 Tim. 2:4. See Acts 4:12.

Therefore, it is apparent that God is able to save what was lost, and
since He desires to save all that was lost, He has promised to do just
that. Phil. 2:9-11; Col. 1:20; 1 Cor. 15:20-28.

Faith in God’s promises,
And an acquaintance with His character and power,
KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus
and sequential logic,
and THE HISTORY OF THE EARLY CHURCH
Contents - Universalism: The Prevailing Doctrine of the Early Church
all support universal reconciliation.

Wishful thinking has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what happened Pleroo ? .
The rug got pulled out from under me.

Quote:
I must have been a Lutheran myself but was to unlearned and ignorant to have known it.
Oh, you know it couldn't be that simple ... it takes more doctrines than that to make one a Lutheran. Infant baptism and consubstantiation, to name a couple biggies.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
No theology standards?
He's kidding, right?

UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
Universal Salvation University
An excellent website expounding Christian Biblical Universalism

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!
Kingdom Bible Studies: J. Preston Eby, Kingdom of God; Saviour of The World
That's right ... "No theology standards".

UR

vs:

John 3:36, Matthew 25 "thus says the Lord"

Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Post God “will have all men to be saved” (1 Timothy 2:4)

The reason we know that everyone will eventually be saved is because God “will have all men to be saved” (1 Timothy 2:4)
It is God’s “pleasure” that all mankind be saved.
And “God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will” (Ephesians 1:11).

Change it to read “in accord with the counsel of what He wants” if you like.
Because God says
"My counsel shall stand.
I will do all my pleasure
(the saving of all mankind is part of the pleasure that God wants)
Yea I have spoken it.
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it.
I will also do it."
Isaiah 46:10,11

Job 23:13 “But He stands alone, and who can oppose Him?
He does whatever he pleases.
(the saving of all mankind is part of what He wants that pleases Him).

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(the saving of all mankind is part of all of which God desires or wants)

So we see God does all His pleasure, He does whatever He pleases, and His word accomplishes that which He desires.
His pleasure, that which He desires and pleases Him is what He wants.
His will = What He wants
What does He want?
THE SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND
Why will it happen?
Because God Himself will see to it that it gets done.

Just like in the case of Lydia (whose heart the Lord opened, Acts 16:14) and Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9:1-8), our cooperation to be saved is the result, not the cause, of God laying hold on us by His sovereign grace and causing Jesus to be "choice" in our heart.

The timing of the salvation of everyone is under God's sovereign control.
God arranges everything so each person will be saved according to His perfect timing for each individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity