Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times

Advertisements

...when He said:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment
Dangerously, the UR folk would have you believe that these cites don't matter. You'll be OK even if you reject Christ in this life, so they say.

Are you willing to bet your eternal destiny? Don't do it! The scriptures are clear If you don't accept Christ as savior before you die you are Toast. Don't buy into the false teaching that all will fine if you die and have rejected Christ. Not what the NT says, unless you twist words and change the meanings.

With that said, have a good evening!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 PM

225 posts, read 344,641 times
Wait until all of us who haven't read, don't believe, or just don't care about the NT survive. Then you can once again blame the Jews for your misfortunes. And don't try to translate the OT for me; the very act of translating to "include" G-ds word is a Christian phenomenon.

I interpret the OT the way it was supposed to be written.

With that, I bid adeux.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
I thought that Jesus loved everyone?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp-D-Derp View Post
Wait until all of us who haven't read, don't believe, or just don't care about the NT survive. Then you can once again blame the Jews for your misfortunes. And don't try to translate the OT for me; the very act of translating to "include" G-ds word is a Christian phenomenon.

I interpret the OT the way it was supposed to be written.

With that, I bid adeux.
??? Jew here that found Jesus as messiah. Care to edit your post? I believe you have three hours.

But with that said, if you don't care then your decision is made.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I like it. Better still I love burnt toast(literally).

All the verses quoted in the OP are the burden of every Christian who reads scripture literally, you know the ones who have cut limbs off and plucked their eyes out.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I like it. Better still I love burnt toast(literally).

All the verses quoted in the OP are the burden of every Christian who reads scripture literally, you know the ones who have cut limbs off and plucked their eyes out.
I guess with your reasoning John 3:16 is not to be taken as truth. Moderator cut: deleted The atheists use the same argument that the Biblle is bunk. Seems you are in agreement with them

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2013 at 04:38 AM..

Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I guess with your reasoning John 3:16 is not to be taken as truth. Moderator cut: OrphanedThe atheists use the same argument that the Biblle is bunk. Seems you are in agreement with them
I believe fully in the scriptures, just not your understanding of them, especially your literal take on them. Your understanding of the scriptures you quoted are a burden to you and you burden others with them, fulfilling the words of Jesus

They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

The way to remove the heavy load is see beyond the literal.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-16-2013 at 01:15 PM..

Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
I believe fully in the scriptures, just not your understanding of them, especially your literal take on them. Your understanding of the scriptures you quoted are a burden to you and you burden others with them, fulfilling the words of Jesus

They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

The way to remove the heavy load is to take the verse literally and believe in Christ and His redemptive work. John 3:16 is the Good News!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Yes that is how it works. If one's desire doesn't match up with the plain Word of Truth, then one rejects the clear and plain Word of God. Next step: Umm...change the meanings of words. Example. The Bible says eternal. Bad word. Make that only a long time. Hell, umm...let's scratch one. Pretend it was a translators boo boo, while he had one too many glasses of wine. Final step...pretend that all scirpture that contradicts the UR POV doesn't exist or is a scheme to scare people. I am good with scareing people to seek the truth.

Sorry, but if the scripture says the ski is Blue I say OK. I don't try to rationalize it away, because I would prefer that the ski be a different color.

You guys are dangerous and lead people to believe they will be fine if they reject Christ in this life.

I have decided that Universalists have become my hobbie. But only if I have the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity