Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times

Advertisements

I never read Rev...but this in the ESV 19:10, another version, thank you, 101:

10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me,
“You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.”
For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

As I have always seen it, Jesus always pointed to the Father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,565 times
that's true while in flesh with "BLOOD" as a man.

but do not God Point to Jesus? scripture, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

if there is no saviour beside him, Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen".

there is only ONE "WISE" God, 1 Timothy 1:17 "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen".

both here speak of Christ, read your commentaries, or let the apostle Paul make it clear, Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

Jesus Christ is Saviour, but did not God say in Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour".

what you think about that?....

PICYJAG

Old 10-08-2018, 09:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh my, I never saw that Richard said that!!! (Go away...)
Richard! I'm shocked...I don't even know if that is allowed.
He’s annoying...He comes in here as a self professed teacher in stead of discussing things...He thinks everyone else is stupid...

Old 10-08-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
The angel that the lord Jesus sent unto him said it best, Revelation 19:10 "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy".

PICYJAG
So who was this messenger that John attempted to bow down to?...

Old 10-08-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
first thanks for your reply, our Lord do and did, example, Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".

the one who sent "HIS" angel was the Lord Jesus.

Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

PICYJAG.
Funny that Jesus called his disciples brothers not servants...

Old 10-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He’s annoying...He comes in here as a self professed teacher in stead of discussing things...He thinks everyone else is stupid...
first thanks for the response.

have I called you stupid?.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Funny that Jesus called his disciples brothers not servants...
thanks for the reply, no, it's not funny at all. in flesh yes he call us brothers not servants,

but may I ask you a question, what did they called him Lord, and KING?.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:03 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,805,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I never read Rev...but this in the ESV 19:10, another version, thank you, 101:

10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me,
“You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.”
For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

As I have always seen it, Jesus always pointed to the Father.
That was an angel miss h.

imagine for a moment if you were to meet david in the spirit and were in such awe that you bowed to worship him.
its very likely that such a man would humbly say something like this.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
That was an angel miss h.

imagine for a moment if you were to meet david in the spirit and were in such awe that you bowed to worship him.
its very likely that such a man would humbly say something like this.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Colossians 2:18 "Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity