Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Really, we don't know if God created Jesus..IMO I believe that somewhere in the infinity of time and space that God somehow did create, make or whatever (we don't understand )a separate person, spirit or being to do His work.
This is essentially my understanding, too, Miss Blue. The Bible says that Jesus (the Word) was with God in the beginning, so He clearly existed at that time. But we have to remember that the Bible only tells us what happened from the beginning forward. If God existed prior to "the beginning," (as I believe He did), then maybe it was before "the beginning," before the clock started ticking, so to speak, that God created the perfect, godly Spirit that would ultimately be born as His Only Begotten Son. The thing is, the Bible is silent on the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
How is Jesus not created and still a man?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
This is essentially my understanding, too, Miss Blue. The Bible says that Jesus (the Word) was with God in the beginning, so He clearly existed at that time. But we have to remember that the Bible only tells us what happened from the beginning forward. If God existed prior to "the beginning," (as I believe He did), then maybe it was before "the beginning," before the clock started ticking, so to speak, that God created the perfect, godly Spirit that would ultimately be born as His Only Begotten Son. The thing is, the Bible is silent on the matter.
Actually, it isn't.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

There it is.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, it isn't.

There it is.
What are you saying? That Jesus is the "light" referred to here?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, it isn't.

There it is.
Huh? I don't think we're on the same page, Hot. I believe "Let there be light" refers to the physical creation of our universe and not on Jesus.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
The Word existed in the forming of the earth... God spoke and it came into being. However, the word became flesh and flesh is created. The only way for Jesus not to be created is if he wasn't even a man... yet we know there are admonishing passages saying that to deny Jesus is man is antichrist.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
The Word existed in the forming of the earth... God spoke and it came into being. However, the word became flesh and flesh is created. The only way for Jesus not to be created is if he wasn't even a man... yet we know there are admonishing passages saying that to deny Jesus is man is antichrist.
I'm not 100% sure I'm following you, kat, but you seem to be speaking strictly of a physical creation. I believe that Jesus existed as a spirit being prior to His mortality. If I'm right about that, then we have a spritual creation prior to a physical creation. The Bible starts with a discussion of the physical creation. I'm thinking in terms of something that may have taken place before the events described in Genesis unfolded.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure I'm following you, kat, but you seem to be speaking strictly of a physical creation. I believe that Jesus existed as a spirit being prior to His mortality. If I'm right about that, then we have a spritual creation prior to a physical creation. The Bible starts with a discussion of the physical creation. I'm thinking in terms of something that may have taken place before the events described in Genesis unfolded.
If spirits are eternal then we all existed as spirits before we were born. If all spirits (people) were created within the 6 days then having a spirit in existence cannot set Jesus apart. The fact that Jesus was flesh and blood means he was created.

If all spirits came into being before the Genesis events then who created God, the Great Spirit (for lack of a better term)?

I believe all spirits came from the Great Spirit. Yours, mine, Jesus'. Some believe that we only receive a spirit when we become 'born again.'

Yet I think our spirit returns to the Great Spirit at death. Our bodies are our anchors to the earth.

That was probably too much information so I will sum up:
If your spirit is eternal then it must be included in those made at the time Jesus' was. But then do you believe that we receive a spirit upon conversion? Or is there something else altogether behind John 1?

I'm sorry... my mind works in word pictures and analogies....

Old 04-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
What are you saying? That Jesus is the "light" referred to here?
That Christ is, yes. His Kingdom is the Kingdom of Light. Satan, or the evil one's kingdom is the kingdom of darkness.

Read it in that 'light', and you will see it.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Huh? I don't think we're on the same page, Hot. I believe "Let there be light" refers to the physical creation of our universe and not on Jesus.
The Kingdom of Jesus Christ was created first. The kingdom of darkness was second, but almost instantly behind ther Light. In order for there to be a Kingdom, there must be a King. God, personally held this reign as King, until the Son appeared, and He declared His Begotten Son, and handed Him all authority.

You were created also in the same period of creation. You just didn't have the flesh to dwell in yet. It wasn't formed in the womb.

God is done creating. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity