Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
This is exactly the point im making, if you dont agree with that lifestyle, its labeled hatred towards them. I dont agree with Muslim beliefs and some thing Catholics do, but i dont hate Muslims & Catholics.
Anger and insults are an old and trusted tool of the pro-gay supporters. They used to divert the focus from the topic to you, and it helps them conceal the weakness of their actual argument. It's another way of saying "lets not talk about the topic, lets talk about you. You are a hater, aren't you".

Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anger and insults are an old and trusted tool of the pro-gay supporters. They used to divert the focus from the topic to you, and it helps them conceal the weakness of their actual argument. It's another way of saying "lets not talk about the topic, lets talk about you. You are a hater, aren't you".
Here's my argument: Members of the LGBT community are entitled to and should be accorded full rights as citizens of the United States of America. This includes the right to marry whomever they love and want to build a life with.

That's it. Simple. No hate. No anger. No insults. Ta da!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Gay and lesbian people are certainly being discriminated against based on their sexual orientation. I think the problem lies in a lack of understanding about sexual orientation.

If you seriously believe what you say, why do you think that is NOT an argument used by the anti same-sex marriage lawyers? They would be laughed out of a court room if they said that.
No. Gay people can get married. No one is preventing people from getting married.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Here's my argument: Members of the LGBT community are entitled to and should be accorded full rights as citizens of the United States of America. This includes the right to marry whomever they love and want to build a life with.

That's it. Simple. No hate. No anger. No insults. Ta da!
I don't have the right to marry whomever I fall in love with. None of us do.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No. Gay people can get married. No one is preventing people from getting married.
Pretty ironic that you all don't want gays to marry because same-sex marriage is not "traditional", but you have no problem with gay people marrying someone of the opposite sex whom they don't love and will just cheat on. Solid proof you don't give a crap about the sanctity of marriage, you just want gays to suffer.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Pretty ironic that you all don't want gays to marry because same-sex marriage is not "traditional", but you have no problem with gay people marrying someone of the opposite sex whom they don't love and will just cheat on. Solid proof you don't give a crap about the sanctity of marriage, you just want gays to suffer.
So then it's not REALLY about discrimination, is it? I just want the law to apply equally to everyone. if you don't want to get married, don't get married.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whoa?! You guys had a superior argument?! I must have missed it among all of the contextually questionable English bible thumping. Please enlighten me on where any of you disproved any of their arguments? Let alone enough of their arguments to throw enough reasonable doubt on their case.

They are fighting for their lovers and their way of life or what they consider to be a grave injustice.. You are fighting for tradition and a questionable understanding of certain Bible verses. If they are not more passionate than you, then they are lousy lovers. How hard would you fight (even on this forum) for your wife or the one you loved?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Whoa?! You guys had a superior argument?! I must have missed it among all of the contextually questionable English bible thumping. Please enlighten me on where any of you disproved any of their arguments? Let alone enough of their arguments to throw enough reasonable doubt on their case.

They are fighting for their lovers and their way of life or what they consider to be a grave injustice.. You are fighting for tradition and a questionable understanding of certain Bible verses. If they are not more passionate than you, then they are lousy lovers. How hard would you fight (even on this forum) for your wife or the one you loved?
We're "fighting" for equal rights. The Law should be applied the same, no matter who we are. The gay rights activists are suggesting that we should create a new form of marriage to cater to 1% of the population that self-identifies as gay.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
So then it's not REALLY about discrimination, is it? I just want the law to apply equally to everyone. if you don't want to get married, don't get married.
The law will apply equally to everyone when same-sex marriage is legal.

You too can then marry someone of the same gender. (Unless you are already married)

Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
We're "fighting" for equal rights. The Law should be applied the same, no matter who we are. The gay rights activists are suggesting that we should create a new form of marriage to cater to 1% of the population that self-identifies as gay.
Actually its probably closer to 3-5 percent ( which equals millions in the US) but I'm glad we're actually back on topic. Do you really think that gay people do not love their partners as much as a husband loves his wife or vice versa and not want to have that love recognized by God, the state, or whatever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity