U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM

7,909 posts, read 8,482,525 times

Advertisements

Gosh, it just seems to be a venue for atheists to try their hand at ridiculing the things of God, saying the Bible is bunk and excerising the same old boring ideas in a naive and fruitless effort to deconvert those of us who have a relationship with God, thru Christ.

The same 10 arguements (as it were) re presented by waves of new members of CD, who fancy themselves presenting New Info that will shock and cause some to reject God, the Bible and worse. Not realizing that "just because it is on the the internet makes it true" is a fallacy. I've heard this stuff a 1000 times in the last five years. Just a rehash of crap posted by internet atheists. Falls flat.

Truth be told, much of the stuff these people cite is so off base or downright inaccurate only serves to build my faith. Umm, "this is the best you have to offer".

Enough of my observations. How about you? How does the stuff on the R&P affect you?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM

15,149 posts, read 8,232,056 times
Dishonest skeptics.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
My mother taught me at an early age not to argue about things in the Bible. The Bible is there and we all know how to read and some people comprehend what they read and some don't. I have seen some really good posts and some really "interesting" posts. I also know there is a difference between being religious and being Christian.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,220,684 times
Not at all. There are a lot of total, absolute whackjobs on here who think they have absolute understanding of God, Christ, the Bible and, most likely, where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM

19,952 posts, read 12,973,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Gosh, it just seems to be a venue for atheists to try their hand at ridiculing the things of God, saying the Bible is bunk and excerising the same old boring ideas in a naive and fruitless effort to deconvert those of us who have a relationship with God, thru Christ.

The same 10 arguements (as it were) re presented by waves of new members of CD, who fancy themselves presenting New Info that will shock and cause some to reject God, the Bible and worse. Not realizing that "just because it is on the the internet makes it true" is a fallacy. I've heard this stuff a 1000 times in the last five years. Just a rehash of crap posted by internet atheists. Falls flat.

Truth be told, much of the stuff these people cite is so off base or downright inaccurate only serves to build my faith. Umm, "this is the best you have to offer".

Enough of my observations. How about you? How does the stuff on the R&P affect you?
Honestly? I think you nailed it. I can't understand why they'd care to try to trash the idea of believing in a deity if they don't believe in him. It seems like a gigantic waste of time.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 PM

26,216 posts, read 14,100,551 times
It seems to get wearisome after a short period of time... which is why I appear for awhile, then disappear for awhile.

Political area held my interest... but lately I haven't posted there or anywhere too much lately.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 PM

6,230 posts, read 9,515,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
It doesn't. I don't pay attention anymore. I don't entertain the ignorance and hypocrisy of it all. Especially since I have grown in my knowledge and relationship with the Lord. I am a citizen of Heaven. There is nothing that any atheist nor agnostic can posts that would remotely affect me. I know the truth. Now years ago it was a different story. Anything they said could have set me off. But now I just laugh. It's a joke to me to see them fighting and arguing over religious topics day and night. Not one has the truth.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM

26,216 posts, read 14,100,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
It doesn't. I don't pay attention anymore. I don't entertain the ignorance and hypocrisy of it all. Especially since I have grown in my knowledge and relationship with the Lord. I am a citizen of Heaven. There is nothing that any atheist nor agnostic can posts that would remotely affect me. I know the truth. Now years ago it was a different story. Anything they said could have set me off. But now I just laugh. It's a joke to me to see them fighting and arguing over religious topics day and night. Not one has the truth.
Maturity - definitely a good thing...

Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 AM

7,909 posts, read 8,482,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Honestly? I think you nailed it. I can't understand why they'd care to try to trash the idea of believing in a deity if they don't believe in him. It seems like a gigantic waste of time.
It is, but I suppose it makes them feel good...as least I hope it does.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,844,950 times
It seems to be a reflection of society in general. Especially the younger "internet generation". Not many "believers" in God and the bible that I know of waste their time coming to forums like this to debate their beliefs with unbelievers. Sadly it seems that this is the trend these days with our schools and institutions of higher education becoming more hostile to religion in general and christianity in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or