U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,934,952 times

Advertisements

Another update. On my way home from work tonight I talked to my wife and they are staying over tonight. My little guy has more tests in the morning and hopefully some results tomorrow.

The good news is that the doctors actually believe my wife and I that something is wrong with our son's health. We've had such issues with doctor's here and basically made to feel like we're making this up. Thank goodness the doctors at Mayo see what we've seen all along and are diligently working to figure out what's going on with my little guy. In our opinion that is more than half the battle when the doctors are on your side and not against you.

That said I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow, but hopefully for my son's sake there will be no more blood tests. Sounds like the little guy is exhausted from all the poking and prodding. As I learn more I will definitely keep you all updated. Thank you so very much for your love and support. I now have an inkling of a feeling how ILNC felt about the forum when her husband was in the hospital.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:47 PM

13,574 posts, read 21,726,369 times
Praying for little Hoosier, and momma Hoosiers rest, and that the medical team will be guided by God in the testing, diagnosis and treatment...

Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,946,080 times
May you ALL sleep in peace tonight!!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 PM

3,927 posts, read 7,891,331 times
I second the emotions here, praying for you all. Thank goodness the doctors are wise and astute enough to take you guys seriously. blessings to you...aiangel

Old 10-24-2007, 07:16 AM

Update: I spoke with my wife last night and they're doing a CAT scan around noon today, and hopefully full results on everything late this afternoon. If that is the case then they should hopefully be home later tonight.

She didn't have any information on his immune system at this point but the doctors think the asthma is actually a chronic sinus infection (not recurring) that has never cleared up due to not being diagnosed properly, or not medicated long enough. Nonetheless they're going to do a special med that they only use at Mayo...it will work on clearing his sinuses and not medicate the rest of the body. It's a saline wash of sorts. Doctors told my wife it's something only done at Mayo.

So, if they can get this cleared up then my little guy's daily life will be much better as he won't have to have the nebulizer or inhaler like before. As for the immune system, I believe they're pulling the test results together for that. I'll hopefully learn more this afternoon. Nonetheless, we are on the right track and hopeful that the sinuses will clear up.

Thank you all for your prayers! They're much needed and I am so grateful for all of you. Thank you. -Blessings!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 AM

21,643 posts, read 30,261,681 times
Hey I am so glad to hear you are getting closer to answers. Your little boy is so blessed to have a loving Christian father like you!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,001,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Update: I spoke with my wife last night and they're doing a CAT scan around noon today, and hopefully full results on everything late this afternoon. If that is the case then they should hopefully be home later tonight.

She didn't have any information on his immune system at this point but the doctors think the asthma is actually a chronic sinus infection (not recurring) that has never cleared up due to not being diagnosed properly, or not medicated long enough. Nonetheless they're going to do a special med that they only use at Mayo...it will work on clearing his sinuses and not medicate the rest of the body. It's a saline wash of sorts. Doctors told my wife it's something only done at Mayo.

So, if they can get this cleared up then my little guy's daily life will be much better as he won't have to have the nebulizer or inhaler like before. As for the immune system, I believe they're pulling the test results together for that. I'll hopefully learn more this afternoon. Nonetheless, we are on the right track and hopeful that the sinuses will clear up.

Thank you all for your prayers! They're much needed and I am so grateful for all of you. Thank you. -Blessings!
Wow my oldest son had a pan sinus infection that was only diagnosed by catscan, all his sinus cavities were affected...he needed antibiotics for 3 months to clear ir up! Interestingly though that was in first grade (very unsual for young kids to get these) they had a mold problem in the classroom that they didn't discover until the scool year was almost over..I always thought that was why he got that.

Good luck with the tests, and tell your little one how great he is for beib=ng so brave.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Wow my oldest son had a pan sinus infection that was only diagnosed by catscan, all his sinus cavities were affected...he needed antibiotics for 3 months to clear ir up! Interestingly though that was in first grade (very unsual for young kids to get these) they had a mold problem in the classroom that they didn't discover until the scool year was almost over..I always thought that was why he got that.

Good luck with the tests, and tell your little one how great he is for beib=ng so brave.
Sounds like what my little guy may have. The antibiotics are from 6 weeks to 2 months depending on what the doctor finds today.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:59 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,001,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Sounds like what my little guy may have. The antibiotics are from 6 weeks to 2 months depending on what the doctor finds today.
As much as we don't want them to be sick I have to tell you that a diagnosis will bring you so much relief in knowing what you are dealing with. Once you have that you can attack whatever it is but until you do it's like stabbing at a mosquito in the middle of night...you hear it buzzing but have no way to actually kill it (Wow ILNC that was almost Southern of me to make up that saying). I do pray that the doctors give you guys an answer with a solution. Keep us posted.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM

8,668 posts, read 20,325,781 times
Thanks for the update, Hoosier. Still praying. Hopefully, this will be an answer to his situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity