Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times

Advertisements

Trees and beans in noses!

Surely you jest!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:56 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
This is wonderful to hear! God is good!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Again, thank you all for your continued prayers for my little guy. He is doing well. We received word from the doctors at Mayo a little more than an hour ago. So you're the first to know! First and foremost, my son's immune system is absolutely fine! He is gonna be okay!! We are so relieved and thankful for this diagnosis!

He was however diagnosed with bilateral maxillary sinusitis and reactive airway disease. Basically the first one means he’ll be on antibiotics for at least three weeks, including a medication that we squirt into his nose. The second one means that he doesn’t have allergies but is highly sensitive to smells like smoke, perfumes, paint etc.

If things don’t seem to clear up in a month then the doctor may want him to come back to the clinic, but is pretty sure this medication will kick the problem. So we are definitely praising God and thankful for all his blessings as this could have been much worse of an outcome.

Glad to hear he's alright Hoosier, really I am. Something a doctor once told me, and this is something I can't stand because it makes you worry so much.

When we typically have car problems, we usually check the simple things first. Rarely do we say when our car doesn't start: "Darn, time to put a new engine in this thing!" We usually will check the battery, alternator, etc... i.e- the simple things.

Unfortunately, with medical science most doctors are taught to look at the worst possible scenario first and work backwards. A lot of times they come back with answers that send shivers down our spine: "Cancer, heart disease, etc..." only until they can eliminate those findings do they continue to narrow down the list to the less volatile problems. Unfortunately, it doesn't always do us, or in your case, the parents a lot of good because we hear those "bad words" and instantly assume the worst. I guess I should have brought that up before... Sorry!

But, do keep that in mind next time you or a family member has to go to the doctor. It may help relieve some of your stress(es).

Old 11-01-2007, 10:20 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
HOORAH FOR THE LITTLE GUY!!!!!!

(And "god bless" that Mayo Clinic!!!!) Yipee!

June sends vibes of love and tap dances of joy!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Wonderful news

http://bestsmileys.com/rainbow/2.gif (broken link)

Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
I just stumbled in on your thread tonight. I have a son who will turn 4 in december and my heart just broke reading your thread, I am so thrilled that it is nothing with his imune system. God bless you and yours and I will keep you in my prayers.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 PM

740 posts, read 2,014,076 times
Hoosier... I will be praying for your little sweetheart. Sounds like everything is going great so far...

I can say from personal experience with Mayo that they are the best! We took my daughter there when her UC was out of control and she was a very sick little girl.. That was two years ago. Her ulcerative colitis is in remission now, she is no longer anaemic, no more crippling arthritis, and she has gained 6 or 7 pounds which puts her just about perfect. She will always be on medication.. but we are ok with that as long as it is under control.

Please keep us updated!!

Last edited by ibcwife; 11-01-2007 at 11:42 PM..

Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Give thanks to the Lord for his infinite mercies! Thanks for the update, Hoosier. You and your family are in my prayers.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:20 AM

292 posts, read 934,054 times
Glad to hear the good report! God is good!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:17 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
Hoosier... I will be praying for your little sweetheart. Sounds like everything is going great so far...

I can say from personal experience with Mayo that they are the best! We took my daughter there when her UC was out of control and she was a very sick little girl.. That was two years ago. Her ulcerative colitis is in remission now, she is no longer anaemic, no more crippling arthritis, and she has gained 6 or 7 pounds which puts her just about perfect. She will always be on medication.. but we are ok with that as long as it is under control.

Please keep us updated!!

I say little girl.... she was 18 at the time/ 20 now, but she will always be my little girl... and besides... she is very small. She OFTEN gets mistaken for a 12 year old...LOL... I laugh... but it bothers the dickens out of her sometimes. It is funny how everyone comes up with the same age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity