Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:15 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Good to hear your son is home and the news is good right now. Good luck on the interview, don't you just loathe interviewing...I do. But I hope you get the job if it's a good match for you.
Yes I do hope it's a good fit. That is extremely important, more important than the pay increase. But, heck, I won't turn down the cash!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:18 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Praying for you on all fronts, Hoosier!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:27 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Yes I do hope it's a good fit. That is extremely important, more important than the pay increase. But, heck, I won't turn down the cash!
So are you back? Did it go well? Come on I'm trapped at home with nothing to do because of my brokeness...fill me in!

Old 10-25-2007, 04:43 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Sheesh, you'd think I'd get my act together and tell all y'all what's going on by now. Seriously though, they were utterly exhausted last night. My son is doing better today, just tired. We have to wait a few days to get the results of his immune system but the doctor's are leading us to believe that he should be okay in regards to cancer. We're really praying and hoping!!

In regards to the asthma, like I mentioned before (I think I mentioned) they believe it has to do with his nasal passaged being inflamed. They've never been treated properly so they will take an agressive medicated approach to them (2 months of antibiotics) and hopefully he should be better. From there I believe we'll have to go back down to Mayo for follow-up appt.

Is there more? I'm not sure. TMI right now and trying to process it all, plus I have a job interview this afternoon. So much going on!!

Thank God for the good news.
I've read alot about the effects of chemicals in the home and how they contribute to asthma and the immune system.
Things like chlorine, ammonia, petroleum solvents etc..
Do the goggle thing, I think you'll be enlightened. There are more and more
good alternatives out there.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
So are you back? Did it go well? Come on I'm trapped at home with nothing to do because of my brokeness...fill me in!

Yes I'm back! The interview went great and I'm moving forward to the next phase. Interviews are next week so I have to wait and see if the company is interested. If not then this agency has relationships with large corporations like Medtronic etc. and others. So if it doesn't work out, something else could.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:34 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,167 times
Oh I love Medtronic, I wear one of their insulin pumps... hope it goes well Hoosier!

Old 10-28-2007, 05:50 AM

4 posts, read 6,524 times
Default God's Mercy

I encourage you to say a chaplet to God's Mercy!
Trust in God's Mercy. Jesus will help you!

CHAPLET TO GOD’S MERCY

Using normal rosary beads,begin with:

The Lord’s Prayer : Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed
be Thy name….. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee…….
the Apostles Creed :I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven .....

On the five large beads :

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood,Soul and
Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son,Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

On the ten small beads :
V. For the sake of His sorrowful Passion,
R. Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

At the end of the Divine Mercy Chaplet say three times:

Holy God, Holy Mighty One Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy
Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Invocation: O Blood and Water that gushed forth from
the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us,
I trust in You (3 times)

Sign of the Cross :in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,035 times
So How is the litte Hoosier? Hope he is feeling better, any update?
Still praying!!!
Blessings to the family.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:00 PM

No update yet. Still waiting on the call from the doctors. We did take him to his first NFL game today. He had lots of fun! We were row 29 in the 100 section, in the end zone...so had GREAT seats. Emotionally he's doing good, just glad to not be at the dr. now. Will definitely post once we hear from the docs at Mayo. Thanks for asking!!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:07 AM

Arrow Update from the doctors

Again, thank you all for your continued prayers for my little guy. He is doing well. We received word from the doctors at Mayo a little more than an hour ago. So you're the first to know! First and foremost, my son's immune system is absolutely fine! He is gonna be okay!! We are so relieved and thankful for this diagnosis!

He was however diagnosed with bilateral maxillary sinusitis and reactive airway disease. Basically the first one means he’ll be on antibiotics for at least three weeks, including a medication that we squirt into his nose. The second one means that he doesn’t have allergies but is highly sensitive to smells like smoke, perfumes, paint etc.

If things don’t seem to clear up in a month then the doctor may want him to come back to the clinic, but is pretty sure this medication will kick the problem. So we are definitely praising God and thankful for all his blessings as this could have been much worse of an outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity