U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:32 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,568,904 times

Advertisements

I believe it is vitally important to understand God's intentions toward the human race.
If you believe God is AGAINST humanity - then you will also be AGAINST humanity.

How can there be so many people in this world who think they are called to be AGAINST
PEOPLE for whom Christ died? Well, the obvious answer is that many are DECEIVED because
"they hold the TRUTH in unrighteousness". It is stunning so see with what vigor people hold
the truth hostage. What could be more maniacal than to persuade A LOT of people to do that
very thing with THE TRUTH that can set people free? Call it EVIL Genius -- people tend to use
that phrase a lot so we know what that means - it means VERY, VERY CUNNING AND SLY IN AN
EVIL WAY.

Back to the importance of intentions. I just read a very meaningful post about INTENT on a page
in a poetry Journal called TOUCH - The Journal of Healing.
Intent

And it made me think of the vital
importance of understanding the intentions of others, most especially of our Heavenly Father.

There is a good book also about God's intentions towards humanity called THE ONE PURPOSE OF GOD.
It is by Jan Bonda.
The One Purpose of God: An Answer to the Doctrine of Eternal Punishment: Jan Bonda

I recommend that and also "If Grace Is True" If Grace Is True: Why God Will Save Every Person

Listen, saints - it is time to fight! People are suffering. We don't have time to lolly-gag here.

Last edited by Heartsong; 02-10-2013 at 05:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 05:33 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
making 3 or 4 good decisions every morning has gotten me to where i am.
this is definitely a god thing. the intention of god is always the same, life truth and love.
\

Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
making 3 or 4 good decisions every morning has gotten me to where i am.
this is definitely a god thing. the intention of god is always the same, life truth and love.
\
Yes, I agree. God's intentions are always the same.

My post was about the importance of UNDERSTANDING GOD'S INTENTIONS. What if we mis-understand His intentions toward us? The results can be very destructive.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, I agree. God's intentions are always the same.

My post was about the importance of UNDERSTANDING GOD'S INTENTIONS. What if we mis-understand His intentions toward us? The results can be very destructive.
yes when ayatollahs in egypt feel that women demonstrating is a sign from god that they want to be raped, we have a real problem dont we?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:44 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
I think you're on the right track, Heartsong!
Does God have good intentions? Is He really on our side?
I think so. I think He is actively working on our side, even though we might not realize it, understand it or believe it.
I think He's actively working on our side, on a daily basis. Working all things according to the councel of His own Will.

That might sound scary to people, they think that God has bad intentions for us.
Does He really love us? Yes, I feel something in me tell me He does.

So can we trust Him? Maybe many people can't really trust Him! Sure, they may go to church. But do they believe that He will really look out for them? Really?

Certainly something for us all to ponder..

From your OP, I saw another interesting poem:

Diagnosis TMI

I think that when we begin to face our mortality, we become deeper, and more beautiful. It's not an easy road, though! I see people coming from other countries, who have entered that deeper part of the human experience. I think America lacks in this respect..

Blessings!
brian

Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 AM

Hi Brian -

Thanks for adding your thoughts. The spirit of FEAR is definitely trying its best to quench the Spirit of God in every corner, but God has not given us a Spirit of fear. But many people are letting fear have its way with them and it cannot inhabit the same place as God's Spirit. We must swim or sink, spiritually speaking. I prefer to swim :-) I love to swim in the natural world as well - it is my favorite form of exercise - a total body workout without damaging my joints.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Brian,

If you have time, you might want to look at the other poems there. This one resonates with me right now because I can identify with the grief. The grief I feel right now is almost enough to drown my faith. I have always said there are many fates worse than death. Sometimes great poems come out of great sadness.

Sorry Business

Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,108,802 times
Quote:
Brian,

If you have time, you might want to look at the other poems there. This one resonates with me right now because I can identify with the grief. The grief I feel right now is almost enough to drown my faith. I have always said there are many fates worse than death. Sometimes great poems come out of great sadness.

Sorry Business
Beautiful!

-Do you think that God has no respect for the broken-hearted? Isn't it the broken hearted that God cares for the most? When we mourn, are we not at the immediate attention of the Father?

Yes, and more!

Show me a man in mourning, and I'll show you a man who is nearest to the Lord.

Blessings,
brian

Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 AM

4,564 posts, read 2,266,902 times
Quote:
I believe it is vitally important to understand God's intentions toward the human race.
If you believe God is AGAINST humanity - then you will also be AGAINST humanity.

There is a good book also about God's intentions towards humanity called THE ONE PURPOSE OF GOD.
It is by Jan Bonda.
The One Purpose of God: An Answer to the Doctrine of Eternal Punishment: Jan Bonda
I recommend that and also "If Grace Is True" If Grace Is True: Why God Will Save Every Person
Does Psalm [ 7 vs 8-11 ] show universal salvation that God will save every person ?____________

Since God will Not clear the guilty [ Exodus 34 v 7 ] how can mercy or God's grace his undeserved kindness be shown [Psalm 103 v 11 ] to those not fearing God ?

We are the 'clay' and God is the 'Potter'. If we give him poor quality clay to work with we would not be fit for a good purpose.

Who does Jesus as Messiah get rid of according to Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15 ?

How can a person be saved that perishes or is destroyed forever ? -Psalm 92 v 7; 2nd Peter 3 v 9
Don't only the upright remain ? -Proverbs 2 vs 21,22; 10 v 30; 21 v 18; Psalm 37 vs 11,29,38

The wicked being destroyed forever [Psalm 92 v 7; Rev. 21 v 8 ] receive the 'punishment of destruction' [ 2nd Thess. 1 v 9; 2 v 8 ]. Like the haughty 'goats' of Matthew [ 25 v 46 ] will be cut off from life. Just as wicked Satan will be destroyed by Jesus [ Hebrews 2 v 14 B ] ends up in second death. Thus, 'second death' if a fitting term for those being destroyed or annihilated forever for being willfully wicked.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,552,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Does Psalm [ 7 vs 8-11 ] show universal salvation that God will save every person ?____________

Since God will Not clear the guilty [ Exodus 34 v 7 ] how can mercy or God's grace his undeserved kindness be shown [Psalm 103 v 11 ] to those not fearing God ?

We are the 'clay' and God is the 'Potter'. If we give him poor quality clay to work with we would not be fit for a good purpose.

Who does Jesus as Messiah get rid of according to Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15 ?

How can a person be saved that perishes or is destroyed forever ? -Psalm 92 v 7; 2nd Peter 3 v 9
Don't only the upright remain ? -Proverbs 2 vs 21,22; 10 v 30; 21 v 18; Psalm 37 vs 11,29,38

The wicked being destroyed forever [Psalm 92 v 7; Rev. 21 v 8 ] receive the 'punishment of destruction' [ 2nd Thess. 1 v 9; 2 v 8 ]. Like the haughty 'goats' of Matthew [ 25 v 46 ] will be cut off from life. Just as wicked Satan will be destroyed by Jesus [ Hebrews 2 v 14 B ] ends up in second death. Thus, 'second death' if a fitting term for those being destroyed or annihilated forever for being willfully wicked.
Major (complete) difference between old covenant and new.

Jesus said that if we deny Him, He would deny us before the Father, right? But after His resurrection, and went straight to Peter (who had definitely done so) and restored him.

Old - I will remember their sins, even to the third and fourth generation (Exod 20 & 34)
New - I will remember their sins no more (Heb 8)

Old - 3000 die at Sinai (Exod 32)
New - 3000 saved at Pentecost (Acts 2)

Old - Moses' face is shining, and the people run away (Exod 34)
New - Jesus' face is shining, and the people run to Him (Matt 17)

To sum it up, the Old was under the law, and we're told again and again and again and again and again and again, etc. that we're not under law but grace.

Picture this: Jesus, Peter, James and John head to Mt. Tabor and climb it. It's high; it's high enough that it's covered with snow year round - that's important because of what happened next. You know the story, Jesus is caught up and He's shining brightly (brighter than the surrounding snow!).

So Jesus is lifted up before them, and Moses and Elijah appear with Him. (Their identity is very important).

Peter does what comes naturally and shoots from the lip, "Let's make tents for all three!"

"Bad idea", says the Father - "This is my beloved Son - HEAR HIM!"

So we had Moses, representing the law, and we had Elijah, representing the prophets - sounds like a fine bunch...but GOD WAS CLOSING THE BOOK ON THEIR ADMINISTRATION.

The next thing you hear is "Be not afraid." Who does that sound like? Right - JESUS!

So what about the guys who journeyed there with Him?

Peter - Cephus: Stone (the LAW)
James: Supplanter (one who changes)
John: Grace

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity