Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

Is it the second coming of Christ physical?

or it is metaphysical meaning he'll return when he's born again in our hearts?

imho the second

What are your thoughts?

Love and Light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:13 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Is it the second coming of Christ physical?

or it is metaphysical meaning he'll return when he's born again in our hearts?

imho the second

What are your thoughts?

Love and Light
I believe it is both. The kingdom of God is born into our hearts when we accept Christ. However, I believe there will be a Second Coming, a Parousia, when the Messianic prophesies will be fulfilled.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:17 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
1 thes 4:16-18
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Matthew 24:40 says

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

the second coming of Christ is physical..i could put more scripture up..but It would be too lengthy..asking Christ into ones heart is the act of being "saved"..the second coming refers sometimes the rapture..the catching away of the saints..in which Christ takes his bride (the church) to be with him...and also the second coming of Christ in which he brings his saints with him...

Your Bible Questions Answered On: The Second Coming of Christ

Last edited by arguy1973; 10-22-2007 at 06:37 PM..

Old 10-22-2007, 06:25 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Acts 1:9-11 [NIV]:

After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Old 10-22-2007, 06:34 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
I agree with arguy and rob...the Bible definitely speaks of a literal coming. Can't wait!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I agree with arguy and rob...the Bible definitely speaks of a literal coming. Can't wait!
Yep, He's coming and I'm ready!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
No doubt in my mind that there will be a "second coming"...

Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
may our divine lord Jesus Christ watch over us and protect us with his divine love until that day!!!

Amen

Old 10-22-2007, 08:07 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,146 times
I have always been taught in a second coming. I believe it to be based on Revelation and the Gospels. I would imagine the concept is too unreal for a lot of people. Wouldn't want to be one of the many left behind or rejected by God.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,272,535 times
Yes, I believe the second coming will be literal... just as Jesus came to this earth literally to save us, so He will come literally and judge the world..
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Matthew 25:31 ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity