Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

I thought it was funny how they showed only about a thousand or so Israelites leaving Egypt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The ninja attack bothered me too, because it was an addition to the story. The blinding at the door is mentioned in the Bible, but there were no ninjas in the Bible. Also, the movie completely omitted the reason driving the crowd.
They obviously didn't want to upset the Gay community.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM

I thought it was funny how Sarah, who was supposed to be about 115 when Isaac was sacrificed, how they had her running full tilt up the mountain to rescue her son. That ain't gonna happen in real life. And they portrayed Abraham as looking like he was in his 50's when Isaac was born, thus missing the important part that, while it was impossible for them to have a child, Abe still believed God when He said they would.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
They obviously didn't want to upset the Gay community.
Getting funky with women wasn't the sin of Sodom.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
We need to remember that God's word was not written to give entertainment. The folks who made this are dealing with the words of the Almighty God. I'm sure that you could find a whole lot of people who would be seriously upset if the words of Obama, A. Lincoln, or MLK were corrupted and distorted. Unfortunately, people have more regard for their words than God. I wouldn't advise anyone to take a similar attitude.

Rev 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
Rev 22:19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times
I saw part 1 of this...It was decent but still seemed kind of scifi channel movie like with better acting and slightly better effects. It was fairly true to tradition even if I think a few of the understandings of certain passages are questionable. It took alot of liberites cutting certain fairly significant parts in order to fit into a 5 part series and alot of "artistic liberties" as well adding some dialogue here and there in a very "Peter Jackson makes LOTR" kind of way. They didn't really downplay the miracles in any significant way.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
We need to remember that God's word was not written to give entertainment. The folks who made this are dealing with the words of the Almighty God. I'm sure that you could find a whole lot of people who would be seriously upset if the words of Obama, A. Lincoln, or MLK were corrupted and distorted. Unfortunately, people have more regard for their words than God. I wouldn't advise anyone to take a similar attitude.

Rev 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
Rev 22:19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
Yes, it is not meant for entertainment, but if the special effects etc added entertainment can draw people to the truth, then what harm is there? These kinds of films can get a lot of young people to seek the truth, and that would be a good thing.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I agree with Finn that if it draws people to Christ then it has served a good purpose. Many people were drawn by the "Passion of Christ" despite all the hoopla by some Christians that this or that was left out, not portrayed exactly according to the gospels, etc.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,090 times
There is a show on lifetime right now called the bible. Is this what the OP is talking about?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
There is a show on lifetime right now called the bible. Is this what the OP is talking about?
I believe it is. It's going to show again later tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity