Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
So because some man decided to call a group of books in your bible the Old Testament and some the New Testament you think that is all there is?
The "some men" you refer to were Church Fathers. So that is all you got out of that extensive post? The new covenant is in the NT and is specifically attributed to Christ . . . end of debate.
Quote:
It is good that you recognize the difference between Law and Grace. That's a good start. But you must also recognize the future events have not happened yet.
Maybe we need to start a thread on the covenants of God.
I realize you have your mentors and "precepts and doctrines of men" that have preordained what should be future, what is past, etc., etc. Since the Bible is for our spiritual instruction and NOT historical . . . I would not consider those relevant concerns. There are only two covenants and we know what they are. No need to complicate matters . . . as so many seem to want to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 AM

367 posts, read 370,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The "some men" you refer to were Church Fathers. So that is all you got out of that extensive post? The new covenant is in the NT and is specifically attributed to Christ . . . end of debate.
1 Gen 6:18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee.

2 Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

3 Exo 6:4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

And that does not even include the "New Covenant".

Quote:
I realize you have your mentors and "precepts and doctrines of men" that have preordained what should be future, what is past, etc., etc. Since the Bible is for our spiritual instruction and NOT historical . . . I would not consider those relevant concerns. There are only two covenants and we know what they are. No need to complicate matters . . . as so many seem to want to do.
So far you are the only one quoting men. Then you claim I am promoting the "precepts and doctrines of men". Not even a good strawman tactic.

I notice you choose to ignore my question about when you became Israel! Since you are claiming their future promise for yourself today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity