Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Part of my problem with this is matching it up with free will- a person has the free will to kill another, let's say he kills a man who has earnestly sought to believe in god, but doesn't- but he would have eventually two days after the point he was killed if the killer hadn't excercised his free will to kill the man- so this man is doomed to an eternal separation of god that he would not have sufferred but for the man killing him? Why not allow him to accept jesus after he is killed?
A good question. Do not let go of your reasonable mind because you will need it to understand God's plan. Many people preach a very unreasonable God and it is no wonder people reject a lot of the religious hog-wash that some try to cram down their throats at gunpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:54 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Hard to believe in something you cannot see. But what if you found a way you could see Him. The key is to keep seeking in the word and finding out why Jesus came and what was His mission. He tells us why He came and what His mission was. Most people just follow others interpretation rather than letting God teach them. There in lies the problem. The word tells us "everyone shall be taught by God" or "All your children shall be taught by the Lord." If you want to believe , then God will teach you through His word. Don't give up.

It is written in the scriptures;

"Serve the Lord with reverence and rejoice before Him."

"Let the man who has my words speak my words and speak the truth."

"The Lord guides the humble to justice and He teaches the meek His way."

"Who has stood in the counsel of the Lord to see him and to hear His word. Who has heeded His word so as to announce it."

"My ways are not your ways nor are my thoughts your thoughts as high as the heavens are above the earth that's how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts."says the Lord

"I the Lord speak the truth, I say what is right."

"Do what is right and just."

"By your words you'll be forgiven or by your words you'll be condemned."

"No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Part of my problem with this is matching it up with free will- a person has the free will to kill another, let's say he kills a man who has earnestly sought to believe in god, but doesn't- but he would have eventually two days after the point he was killed if the killer hadn't excercised his free will to kill the man- so this man is doomed to an eternal separation of god that he would not have sufferred but for the man killing him? Why not allow him to accept jesus after he is killed?
Free will gives everyone the opportunity to believe in Jesus Christ NOW and accept the gift of salvation. Not sure why you're coming up with scenarios but the man who was shot had his time to believe and be saved. If he rejected Christ before he died he's not in good shape and probably never would have accepted him to begin with or God wouldn't have allowed him to die. If someone earnestly seeks to believe God they will. You don't have to seek anything if you believe. God isn't hiding. Nobody slips through the cracks so to speak. All will have the opportunity to believe and be saved. Why you are using this as a reason to not believe is not understandable. You will stand before God on the last day and give an account for yourself, not anyone else.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
No true Christian is allowed to answer that question. God said that we are not to be the judge. Therefore if any Christian ever says you are going to hell, they are in violation of God's instructions (several times in the Bible) not to judge. That is a decision you have to make and no one really has the answer as to that. Christians are instructed to believe, but strictly warned against judging others.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
No true Christian is allowed to answer that question. God said that we are not to be the judge. Therefore if any Christian ever says you are going to hell, they are in violation of God's instructions (several times in the Bible) not to judge. That is a decision you have to make and no one really has the answer as to that. Christians are instructed to believe, but strictly warned against judging others.
Can you quote me any verse that says we can't judge?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Matthew 7:1: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Old 02-28-2013, 12:59 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Matthew 7:1: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."
What's the rest of the paragraph say? Context is everything.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Free will gives everyone the opportunity to believe in Jesus Christ NOW and accept the gift of salvation. Not sure why you're coming up with scenarios but the man who was shot had his time to believe and be saved. If he rejected Christ before he died he's not in good shape and probably never would have accepted him to begin with or God wouldn't have allowed him to die. If someone earnestly seeks to believe God they will. You don't have to seek anything if you believe. God isn't hiding. Nobody slips through the cracks so to speak. All will have the opportunity to believe and be saved. Why you are using this as a reason to not believe is not understandable. You will stand before God on the last day and give an account for yourself, not anyone else.
Have you read the book of Romans lately? So much for your free will. Do you understand what the phrase "subjected to vanity, not willingly" means?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
1 Cor. 4:5 Look it up.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:52 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Two points:

1. Many of us have earnestly seeked to believe God, but have not found.
2. What happened to the people that died before Christianity spread in the early years, i.e. the Native Americans who were in North America before the Europeans came?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity