Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 AM

10,025 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Isaiah 45:7--I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all things.
Yeshua Bless You
'Evil' in Scripture is Not always synonymous with wrongdoing.
'Evil' in Scripture [ Bible speak ] can mean that God's judgment of 'calamity' was and will be carried out against God's enemies.
Didn't Cyrus [ Isaiah 45 v 1 ] carry out God's will, Didn't Noah carry out God's will ?
And Jesus, also for the sake of justice, will carry out God's will of 'calamity' against the wicked.
- Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15.; Matthew 25 vs 31,32; Psalm 92 v 7

Yahweh [YHWH] Bless You
Numbers 6 vs 24-26
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
'Evil' in Scripture is Not always synonymous with wrongdoing.
'Evil' in Scripture [ Bible speak ] can mean that God's judgment of 'calamity' was and will be carried out against God's enemies.
Didn't Cyrus [ Isaiah 45 v 1 ] carry out God's will, Didn't Noah carry out God's will ?
And Jesus, also for the sake of justice, will carry out God's will of 'calamity' against the wicked.
- Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15.; Matthew 25 vs 31,32; Psalm 92 v 7

Yahweh [YHWH] Bless You
Numbers 6 vs 24-26
Look up the Hebrew word...

Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM

351 posts, read 355,144 times
Hi All Of course God created evil, He created everything. But God uses evil for eventual Good.
God's plan is to " create man in His own image." The way He chose to do this is what we are going through right now, we are being created in God's image and when he is done with us we will be like our Father. That include suffering murders, child rapist, death, pain, and all else evil you can imagine. But like a doctor who may cause you temperary pain to make you well, we do suffer temporary evil but in the end evil will be completely gone and we will be like our Father and also perfect like Him, no more evil.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM

152 posts, read 142,866 times
evil exists in the mind of man. we create it.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM

550 posts, read 1,282,631 times
I think that evil is the absence of God.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 3,093 times
Quote:
Vizio posted :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae
What is evil, where did it come from and did God Himself created it?

No.

and
God is not the author of evil
Then Isaiah 45:7 is in error?

It says plainly what it says : "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM

473 posts, read 821,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starward View Post
Then Isaiah 45:7 is in error?

It says plainly what it says : "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."
God created the beings who have chosen to be disobedient to His will. He Himself does not sin, nor is He evil. He just accepts the fact that He created beings and gave them choices. I should have worded things better.
Yeshua Bless You

Old 03-05-2013, 12:04 PM

4 posts, read 3,093 times
Quote:
God created the beings who have chosen to be disobedient to His will. He Himself does not sin, nor is He evil. He just accepts the fact that He created beings and gave them choices. I should have worded things better.
Believe it or not I agree. And you worded things just fine. God is above and beyond all that he creates.

All my point is, is that it's incorrect to believe (and teach) that God is not the the original source of evil. (otherwise Isaiah 45:7 should be removed from the bible - which would be very wrong to do)

God has good reason for all that God does.. and that is what is important. Without evil we would not have anything to compare Gods bountiful goodness and mercy to and we would not be compelled to seek his son and salvation, and wouldn't need it.

You did just fine imo and you actually have made a very good thread. I am not trying to stir any disruption here only join in discussion (that's what forums like this or for isn't it?)

That is all. I have made my point & will bow out of this discussion now before I start getting more scriptures similar to this thrown in my direction
Quote:
"The wicked will not stand in judgment nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous."
Blessings and please.. carry on sister.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 AM

10,025 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Adam had no 'evil' to compare God's bountiful goodness, but Adam had the beautiful paradisaic Garden of Eden with perfect food and water.
Adam did not have to feel pain to enjoy his perfect human health with his sound mind, heart and body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity