Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 04:28 PM

367 posts, read 370,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Of cause it makes no sense. Lets try from another angle the bible is not God. Do you agree ?.

Now this scripture clearly spells out that all we ever require for life and godliness is found in him, not the bible.
Once again I have never heard anyone claim the bible was God. Why are you talking about non-existent things?

I don't think that scriptures say's what you claim. If it did then why do you need that verse?

If you believe we don't need the scripture then prove that to me without using the bible at all. And prove you source is from Him (God or Jesus) and then we can discuss this. Otherwise your just trying to use scripture as proof we don't need scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Once again I have never heard anyone claim the bible was God. Why are you talking about non-existent things?

I don't think that scriptures say's what you claim. If it did then why do you need that verse?

If you believe we don't need the scripture then prove that to me without using the bible at all. And prove you source is from Him (God or Jesus) and then we can discuss this. Otherwise your just trying to use scripture as proof we don't need scripture.
Stay around a little while longer and you will.

You can walk with God without the bible, because all we need to walk with him is found in him.

In "Him"

all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Stay around a little while longer and you will.

You can walk with God without the bible, because all we need to walk with him is found in him.

In "Him"

all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden.
But why would you reject God's revelations to us that He has given us? I don't see why you would reject God's gifts! I wonder how God feels when you reject His scripture? I could understand if He had not made sure it was available for us but He did. Not sure I want to reject God's gifts in my life. But you are free to reject God's things all you want. Just don't teach others to reject God and His gifts. That would be a sin.

lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
But why would you reject God's revelations to us that He has given us? I don't see why you would reject God's gifts! I wonder how God feels when you reject His scripture? I could understand if He had not made sure it was available for us but He did. Not sure I want to reject God's gifts in my life. But you are free to reject God's things all you want. Just don't teach others to reject God and His gifts. That would be a sin.

lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
Let's take a step back here. I read the scriptures daily. Yet the sons and daughters of God are led by the spirit of God within them, the sons and daughters of God find all they need within them for within them lives him who all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden
So you tell me why I would not seek all I need in Him,when the scripture clearly says that's the place to seek God and all that pertains to life and godliness, is in him and he is within us?.
I will tell you why, you don't believe and know he exists within you(saying the bible says he is in us, is not the same as the reality of knowing it, we need to seek it until it is a reality)so you need your bible to lean on, because it speaks about God, but your bible cannot experience God for you, you need to know him by knowing He exists within for yourself.
If only we were open and honest with ourselves, and admit that Christ in most of us, is not a reality,it is nothing more than a belief(it is the reason we fight the notion when it is placed higher than the bible).We talk about relationship and fellowship like we are on first name terms with God( nothing wrong with that)and its nothing more than blind faith and a belief that the bible is Gods inerrant word. Yet to those who have been brutally honest with themselves(God desires truth in the inward parts) instead of hiding behind a belief, even though they have confessed Jesus and believed the scriptures,knew there was more, have awakened to the reality that Christ is in us and seek him within.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Let's take a step back here. I read the scriptures daily. Yet the sons and daughters of God are led by the spirit of God within them, the sons and daughters of God find all they need within them for within them lives him who all the treasures of [divine] wisdom (comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden
So you tell me why I would not seek all I need in Him,when the scripture clearly says that's the place to seek God and all that pertains to life and godliness, is in him and he is within us?.
I will tell you why, you don't believe and know he exists within you(saying the bible says he is in us, is not the same as the reality of knowing it, we need to seek it until it is a reality)so you need your bible to lean on, because it speaks about God, but your bible cannot experience God for you, you need to know him by knowing He exists within for yourself.
If only we were open and honest with ourselves, and admit that Christ in most of us, is not a reality,it is nothing more than a belief(it is the reason we fight the notion when it is placed higher than the bible).We talk about relationship and fellowship like we are on first name terms with God( nothing wrong with that)and its nothing more than blind faith and a belief that the bible is Gods inerrant word. Yet to those who have been brutally honest with themselves(God desires truth in the inward parts) instead of hiding behind a belief, even though they have confessed Jesus and believed the scriptures,knew there was more, have awakened to the reality that Christ is in us and seek him within.
Wow. You read the scripture but don't need them!

I am secure that the Holy Spirit (Christ in me) is capable of taking care of me. And the Holy Spirit is telling me to live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

PS: since you have set yourself up as a god and passed judgement on me, consider our conversation over.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
I believed in God and in Jesus and in the bible for over 30 years before God revealed Christ in me by a personal experience. I don't think that is all that unusual either. I think a lot of people believe in the name of Jesus and in God and in Christ and do need to lean on the bible. But I would not want to be in that position if I found myself in a situation where I knew I would never have access to a bible again. I am thankful to have had the experience of knowing Christ in me - it has made a huge and dramatic difference in my life. And like you, I do appreciate the scriptures and read them almost daily because there is a lot of wonderful promises of God written down in those verses. It may be we are arguing over semantics. But I suspect there is more to it than that because I came mighty close to being swept into the 7th Day Adventist church just shortly before I had Christ revealed in my heart. They are very, very excellent at teaching scriptures to people. But I would not want to be trapped in what I consider a man-made institution and I am thankful I did not go down that road. There are a lot of bible believing sects that people are trapped in. I do not desire to be in bondage to any of them. What are those 'names written on the forehead of the woman who rides the beast' ??? Some think they are the names of all the denominations of Christianity.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Wow. You read the scripture but don't need them!

I am secure that the Holy Spirit (Christ in me) is capable of taking care of me. And the Holy Spirit is telling me to live by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God
Trust Christ in you or trust the bible ?.

In Him all the treasures of [divine] wisdom ([a]comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden.

What does this scripture tell you ?. Do you think in him means in the bible ?.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Trust Christ in you or trust the bible ?.

In Him all the treasures of [divine] wisdom ([a]comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God) and [all the riches of spiritual] knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidden.

What does this scripture tell you ?. Do you think in him means in the bible ?.
Perhaps you missed my last edit to my last post. I suggest you re-read it.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you missed my last edit to my last post. I suggest you re-read it.
I read it. Trust Christ in you or the bible ?.

What does this scripture tell you ?. Do you think in him means in the bible ?.( you see you do believe him to be the bible).

Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I read it. Trust Christ in you or the bible ?.
Why must I reject one to accept the other? If one comes from the other then both can be trusted. Perhaps you lack the faith!

Quote:

What does this scripture tell you ?. Do you think in him means in the bible ?.( you see you do believe him to be the bible).
Yes all truth is "HIDDEN" in Him. And a great deal of truth He as given us in His written word.

I do not believe "the bible is him". I am not going to waste my time with a liar. As I said before, now that you have assumed to be god and judge me and tell lie's our discussion is over.

Good day!

Get thee behind me satan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity