Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

Betsey, no one deserves to be bullied for what some consider sinful.

Your son was showing love and compassion for his friend, just like Jesus did many times over for various sins the pharasies laid before him as a test. And just as you have set an example for many of us here by your love and compassion.

Like mother, like son How wonderful is that? You are raising him well.

I think your husband may be silent as he deeply considers what his son did and what you said.
It is a spiritual struggle that we have to contend with between ourselves and God. When day is done, we are the ones most effected by our words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

My grandmother told me several times when I was a young girl that tears are good for us, that they help to cleanse our souls. I always thought that was a sweet thought.
I cry all the time, so I guess I'm squeaky clean.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

Your son was showing love and compassion for his friend, just like Jesus did many times over for various sins the pharasies laid before him as a test. And just as you have set an example for many of us here by your love and compassion.

I think your husband may be silent as he deeply considers what his son did and what you said.
It is a spiritual struggle that we have to contend with between ourselves and God. When day is done, we are the ones most effected by our words.
Correct, no one deserves to be bullied.

You do realize of course that it is God that considers homosexuality sinful as much as angry words as much as wives not showing respect towards their husbands as the head of the household.

Just as Betsey intentions were good ... could not also be the case for her husband?
Maybe this was the motive behind his saying this to his son:
Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
The "wicked"in this scenario were those who were bullying the girl. As well as the father who was teaching his son to withhold love from another human being, as well as by him basically punishing a good deed.

"wicked" = wrong path. The behaviors and actions that were sitting on the wide path of non-love.

Those who were on the narrow path (love) which leads to life were Betsey and her son.

It is quite clear.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The "wicked"in this scenario were those who were bullying the girl. As well as the father who was teaching his son to withhold love from another human being, as well as by him basically punishing a good deed.

"wicked" = wrong path. The behaviors and actions that were sitting on the wide path of non-love.

Those who were on the narrow path (love) which leads to life were Betsey and her son.

It is quite clear.
Love for the spiritual welfare of your children is the father's duty.
Proverbs 12:26 The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
No doubt Betsey's husband rephrased it to his son that he was glad that he intervened to stop the taunting because that wasn't correct of them to do so. But it also was loving to guard his son from influences of behaviors that society today is pushing as "harmless" when God says otherwise.

Also .... and I know this really hurts certain outspoken women .... God expects the wife to hold the husband as the head of the household. If Betsey wants to be an example to her son, she will show that a married couple (yes marriage defined as 1 MAN \ 1 WOMAN !! ) can disagree \ repent to God and each other and that the wife respects her husband as the head of the house.

Proverbs 12:26 is to put "love the LORD your God above all things" over skewed humanistic definitions of what "love" is.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Also .... and I know this really hurts certain outspoken women .... God expects the wife to hold the husband as the head of the household. If Betsey wants to be an example to her son, she will show that a married couple (yes marriage defined as 1 MAN \ 1 WOMAN !! ) can disagree \ repent to God and each other and that the wife respects her husband as the head of the house.

Proverbs 12:26 is to put "love the LORD your God above all things" over skewed humanistic definitions of what "love" is.

Actually, it wouldn't hurt in the least. A marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship. Weak men desire power. Strong men do NOT.

God has a way of teaching us when we are in error. One of us will be taught something over this, eventually. Will it be me? Or will it be you? Perhaps both of us? Time will tell. I have no worries. We're all in the best of hands and that brings me great peace. Thank God for people like Betsey's son. For those who follow Christ's example. Betsey should be one proud momma.

peace,
sparrow

Last edited by .sparrow.; 03-23-2013 at 12:51 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 01:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
In our marriage, we have found the more we look at ourself about the errors we commit against God, and attempt to use Godly principles for husbands \ wives, ... that when I make an error, my wife by her response and temperament can usually defuse a situation from getting worse and or get me to reflect differently.
Apparently, Betsey defused a potentially ugly situation before it became worse.
And for that, I will give her two-thumbs-up!

I just hope that her husband has learned a thing or two.

"Prejudice's are born of men, diversity teaches us to love others for who they are."

Many have an unfavorable opinion formed beforehand without knowledge, thought or reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
If your husband is a Christian, it seems to me that he owes you and your son an apology as well.
That seems to have been left out of the equation.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
A marriage is a partnership, not a dictatorship.
Weak men desire power. Strong men do NOT.
There are those who desire to dictate, ruling over others; but that enemy has been conquered.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

Your son was showing love and compassion for his friend, just like Jesus did many times over for various sins the pharisee's laid before him as a test. And just as you have set an example for many of us here by your love and compassion.

Bullies or those having a violent and insecure nature, habitually badger those they consider weaker in an attempt to intimidate.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
"The righteous choose their friends carefully, and guide their neighbor; but the wicked lead them astray."

I couldn't have said it better, myself.
Care for a fortune cookie.

Synonyms for wicked:
Unrighteous, ungodly, godless, impious, profane, blasphemous; immoral, profligate, corrupt, depraved, dissolute; heinous; infamous, villainous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity