Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,329,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
[/b]

So you want no part of anybody or any group of individuals who do not believe in your sacred book the way that you do? This is exactly why a lot of non believers and believers of other religions and cultures believe that Christianity is so divisive, it teaches bigotry,and racism and just because others do not believe in the same belief as you, does not make them any less human. You know it's sad to think that there are such people who think so lowly of others.
Yep, they believe it is my way or the highway to hell

Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM

10,603 posts, read 11,626,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So what you're saying is that when you go grocery shopping and you want fruit, you do it blindfold because you're in no position to do so for fear of being accused of judging.

When people misinterpret what we are to judge, they become prey:
Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them."

It is not loving to not warn about false teaching and their teachers.

It is the always the hope that the false teachers will stop and turn away from false teachings... only because of the eternal consequences that come with being a false prophets and or believing in a false prophet's message.

You know that's funny, for one thing I grow my own fruit and vegetables and I don't make judgment of other people's gardens and never claimed to be any prophet, I'm just an ordinary individual making an observation and what I see is a bunch of egotistical fundamentalist making judgement of others and using your sacred book to justify it when in fact your sacred book simply states that you're in no position to be judging anybody. I wonder, when you go before your god on your judgment day, how are you going to feel being judged by him because you are in direct conflict with his laws. Moderator cut: deleted you're already judging me and you know absolutely nothing about me but I will tell you I do not believe in your god or your sacred book, so judge me as you will, I have nothing to fear of my Creator.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-21-2013 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Insult

Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM

152 posts, read 142,296 times
Quote:
You know that's funny, for one thing I grow my own fruit and vegetables and I don't make judgment of other people's gardens and never claimed to be any prophet, I'm just an ordinary individual making an observation and what I see is a bunch of egotistical fundamentalist making judgement of others and using your sacred book to justify it when in fact your sacred book simply states that you're in no position to be judging anybody. I wonder, when you go before your god on your judgment day, how are you going to feel being judged by him because you are in direct conflict with his laws. You're the hypocrite, you go around judging others buy your criteria. See you're already judging me and you know absolutely nothing about me but I will tell you I do not believe in your god or your sacred book, so judge me as you will, I have nothing to fear of my Creator.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,980,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Psalm 145 is an acrostic poem. That means that each line of the Psalm starts with a successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Yet in the Karaites/Masoretic Text this does not happen, one verse (or line) is completely missing.

That verse which has been deleted reads

"God is faithful in all of his words, and pious in all of his deeds; blessed is the Lord and blessed is his name, forever, and ever."

Now because the Karaites/Masoretic Text has deleted this scripture all translations made on the Karaites/Masoretic Text do not have this scripture either, which includes the KJV of the bible.

So how can those bible translated from the Karaites/Masoretic Text be the undefiled Word of God if one whole verse is missing from it?

But how do we know that this verse

"God is faithful in all of his words, and pious in all of his deeds; blessed is the Lord and blessed is his name, forever, and ever."

Has really been deleted from the scriptures of the Karaites/Masoretic Text?

We know because of the discovery of the dead sea scrolls which has this verse

In it. Thus making complete the acrostic poem.

Now if the Karaites/Masoretic Text bibles have deleted a whole line of scripture how many other scriptures have been deleted or added or changed?

Thus my point has been made that the lying pen of the scribes have added to and deleted from the scriptures.

Only the very naive will reject this evidence.

Let's look at another verse

Psalms 22:16

The Karaites/Masoretic Text of the Hebrew Bible originally read,"like a lion, my hands and my feet." and it was not until the dead sea scrolls were discovered that this verse was changed to "They pierced my hands and my feet." which the Septuagint had correctly translated it.

Scholars put this down as a scribal error, however Justin Martyr in his day said the scribes were deleting scripture that clearly showed Jesus was the Messiah.

Now after seeing what the Karaites/Masoretic Text did to Psalms 145 is it really so hard to believe Justin Martyr?

But some might say that is not enough evidence to go on. So let's keep looking.

I have read 16 different translations of Deuteronomy 8:6 which reads

"And you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, by walking in his ways andby fearing him."

And every one of them (the 16 translations) is in ERROR.

According to the dead sea scrolls Deuteronomy 8:6 should read

"And you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, by walking in his ways and by loving him"

To quote another

These variants refer to two powerful but different emotions—fear and love. The variants also set forth a difference in how one understands Old Testament doctrines; in particular, the variants introduce the question of whether one should keep the commandments through fear or through love. The reading of love also provides us with an important view of the God of the Old Testament, who is sometimes portrayed as a strict Deity when compared with Jesus Christ and his teachings of love in the New Testament.
Awesome information, Pneuma. It has made this thread worth reading.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Book of Enoch is not part of the Apocrypha...The Book of Enoch was read and repected in the early church until it was ousted (one reason was that it went into to much depth on demons and the church did not think that the common man should know that much about them nor would he be able to understand it so the Book was voted out, but the hierarchy studied it and knew it well), However, the Book is quoted from in a few places in the Letters of the Apostles in the New Testament...
Technically, the book of Enoch is listed with the Pseudepigrapha which means 'false writings', rather than with the Apocrypha. The Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal books have the same general characteristics however.

The book of Enoch was written sometime during the Intertestamental period; between the Testaments. This period has been called the 400 silent years. Silent, not because there was nothing going on, for there was a great deal going on. But silent because during that time there were no prophets speaking for God and therefore no holy Scripture was being written. The book of Enoch was never a part of the Hebrew Scriptures which consisted of 24 books in the following arrangement:

Torah

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy

The Prophets

Joshua
Judges
Samuel
Kings
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
The Twelve (minor prophets)

The Writings

Psalms
Proverbs
Job
Song of Solomon
Ruth
Lamentations
Ecclesiastes
Esther
Daniel
Ezra/Nehemiah (one book)
Chronicles

No Apocryphal books, and no Pseudepigraphal books were ever a part of the Hebrew Scriptures. It was not until the Hebrew Scriptures were translated into Greek in the Septuagint during the intertestamental period that the Apocryphal books which were also written during the intertestamental period were slipped in. But they were never a part of the Word of God. That is to say that the Apocryphal books never had divine authority.

Nor did the Pseudepigraphal books of which Enoch is a part ever have divine authority.

So what about the fact that Jude quotes from the book of Enoch? See here >> What is the book of Enoch and should it be in the Bible?

In his condemnation of false teachers the Apostle Paul quoted Epimenides (a 6th century B.C. Cretan poet and philosopher) in Titus 1:12 thereby incorporating that quote which by Paul's day had apparently become a proverb, into the Word of God. The quoted statement emphasized the low reputations of Cretans generally. That does not however mean that everything that Epimenides said was true or divinely inspired.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
You know that's funny, for one thing I grow my own fruit and vegetables and I don't make judgment of other people's gardens and never claimed to be any prophet, I'm just an ordinary individual making an observation and what I see is a bunch of egotistical fundamentalist making judgement of others and using your sacred book to justify it when in fact your sacred book simply states that you're in no position to be judging anybody. I wonder, when you go before your god on your judgment day, how are you going to feel being judged by him because you are in direct conflict with his laws. You're the hypocrite, you go around judging others by your criteria. See you're already judging me and you know absolutely nothing about me but I will tell you I do not believe in your god or your sacred book, so judge me as you will, I have nothing to fear of my Creator.
Let's define what a hypocrite sounds like .... says one thing and does another:

[a] I don't make judgment of other people's gardens

then immediately says

[b]
what I see is a bunch of egotistical fundamentalist ....You're the hypocrite

So since I'm no less holier than thou, I too am
just an ordinary individual making an observation and what I see is a bunch of false teaching being made and mocking statements of the Bible such as "your sacred book" or "Is the B-I-B-L-E the mark of the beast? ... I have no doubt that it's true".

I don't know anything about you ?.... we do now.
  • I will tell you I do not believe in your god or your sacred book.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The crowd that rejects what is in the Bible that speaks to those who are damned by God for their unbelief.
The crowd by their rejection of what God said proceeds to offer an alternative plan to the unbeliever.
The crowd by their rejection of what God said speaks in half-truths ... which is still a full lie.

That crowd ..... that has a problem with all the scriptures.

I realize that's how you see the "love crowd" but, Twin, I don't speak in half-truths ... I speak the truth as I understand it. That's really all any of us can do. For me, being in the "God's Love Crowd" means that I reject your beliefs (beliefs I once held) about damnation and salvation and the bible being God's Word. IF I continued to say I agree with those beliefs, only then would I be lying.

I'll say it again, Twin ... disagreeing with your beliefs about God does not constitute a rejection of God; your beliefs about God and the bible are not God.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Technically, the book of Enoch is listed with the Pseudepigrapha which means 'false writings', rather than with the Apocrypha. The Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal books have the same general characteristics however.

The book of Enoch was written sometime during the Intertestamental period; between the Testaments. This period has been called the 400 silent years. Silent, not because there was nothing going on, for there was a great deal going on. But silent because during that time there were no prophets speaking for God and therefore no holy Scripture was being written. The book of Enoch was never a part of the Hebrew Scriptures which consisted of 24 books in the following arrangement:

Torah

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy

The Prophets

Joshua
Judges
Samuel
Kings
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Ezekiel
The Twelve (minor prophets)

The Writings

Psalms
Proverbs
Job
Song of Solomon
Ruth
Lamentations
Ecclesiastes
Esther
Daniel
Ezra/Nehemiah (one book)
Chronicles

No Apocryphal books, and no Pseudepigraphal books were ever a part of the Hebrew Scriptures. It was not until the Hebrew Scriptures were translated into Greek in the Septuagint during the intertestamental period that the Apocryphal books which were also written during the intertestamental period were slipped in. But they were never a part of the Word of God. That is to say that the Apocryphal books never had divine authority.

Nor did the Pseudepigraphal books of which Enoch is a part ever have divine authority.

So what about the fact that Jude quotes from the book of Enoch? See here >> What is the book of Enoch and should it be in the Bible?

In his condemnation of false teachers the Apostle Paul quoted Epimenides (a 6th century B.C. Cretan poet and philosopher) in Titus 1:12 thereby incorporating that quote which by Paul's day had apparently become a proverb, into the Word of God. The quoted statement emphasized the low reputations of Cretans generally. That does not however mean that everything that Epimenides said was true or divinely inspired.

In other words you are saying that the Ethiopian and RCC bible contain scripture but not everything in their bible is scripture.

And Jude did not just make a quote of something that was said, Jude's quote was a prophesy. Huge difference.

Do you believe the prophesy of Enoch to be scripture?

Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 AM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Call me Mr. Obvious, but Abraham didn't have a KJV or other edition, but his relationship with God is a model for us (according to scripture).

He just believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness.

The Bible is a luxury that I cherish, but I could live without it if I had to - the Writer, I could not.
No. Abraham didn't have the written Scriptures as we do. God revealed Himself in other ways in Old Testament times. By direct communication, by angels, by dreams and visions, and then as the Scriptures were written over time - by Scripture. And then, in the fullness of time, by Jesus Christ. Today we have the completed canon of Scripture and God's completed message to man is in written form.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

I'll say it again, Twin ... disagreeing with your beliefs about God does not constitute a rejection of God; your beliefs about God and the bible are not God.
They will never understand that sis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity