U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 PM

3,927 posts, read 5,715,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
My 20 year old grandson preached his second mini sermon two weeks ago..Things happened a couple years ago to him in our church that could have easily turned him away from God, but he kept the faith, just went somewhere elseHe studies his bible and takes notes almost everyday at my kitchen table before he goes to work. Today he told me that ALL the coal miners on his shift say a prayer before entering
I didn't know he was preaching blue! How simply wonderful. Isn't it amazing how God turns a negative into a positive? I didn't know he was a coal miner either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 AM

3,434 posts, read 6,664,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
That's great, arguy! I know you and your wife must be happy she made that decision on her own! How old is she --11 yrs? 12?
she just turned 11 last month

Old 09-07-2007, 02:52 AM

2,798 posts, read 6,794,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
she just turned 11 last month
What's the matter...insomnia on your end too?

I seriously have to try to get some sleep! Hey, if you want a good laugh for the night, go to the main religion forum and read the last 3 or so pages of the original Upbeat forum....there were peculiar and HILARIOUS things going on there!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:08 AM

8,640 posts, read 14,688,492 times
Wink Just not safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

I seriously have to try to get some sleep! Hey, if you want a good laugh for the night, go to the main religion forum and read the last 3 or so pages of the original Upbeat forum....there were peculiar and HILARIOUS things going on there!
Oh, and Kawg- I meant to tell ya- I don't think it's safe to sit outside in a chair and watch a lightening storm!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:

insomnia..no..had to go to work early..
and kaykay you dont like lightning?

Old 09-07-2007, 08:31 AM

Default lightening and stuff..

Quote:
insomnia..no..had to go to work early..
and kaykay you dont like lightning?
You must have gone to work verrrrrrrry early then!
And actually I love lightening...when viewed from inside the house.
But I really think Kawg should not sit outside in a metal chair and watch it. I just want to clarify my position on that!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
You must have gone to work verrrrrrrry early then!
And actually I love lightening...when viewed from inside the house.
But I really think Kawg should not sit outside in a metal chair and watch it. I just want to clarify my position on that!
lol yea I had to go in at 3 am this morning for a little while...reminds me of when I was nine and my friend and i tried to make electricty out of lightning...put up a big meetal pole in the ground with a wire attached to it and the other end a light socket and light....it WOULD have been gr8..it my mind anyway..till his grandma caught us.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
lol yea I had to go in at 3 am this morning for a little while...reminds me of when I was nine and my friend and i tried to make electricty out of lightning...put up a big meetal pole in the ground with a wire attached to it and the other end a light socket and light....it WOULD have been gr8..it my mind anyway..till his grandma caught us.
Thank the Lord for grandmas!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 AM

2,798 posts, read 6,794,182 times
Yeah Arguy, maybe we should go to the beach and stick metal rods in the sand and make glass! Kaykay....you wanna come along??

Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah Arguy, maybe we should go to the beach and stick metal rods in the sand and make glass! Kaykay....you wanna come along??
uh...thanks for the invite but I think I'll decline. (I might be busy posting warnings on CD seven times!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity