Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No. It's basically a cesspool. The Christian men are no better sometimes worse, very judgmental and chauvinistic hypocrites. Majority of men are just after sex as quickly as they can get it, throw you away like an old dish rag if you're not offering them anything sexually. From what I can tell, the only people benefiting from the whole thing are those that just want sex or children.
Doll Eyes, it is very sad that the so-called Christian men you've met behave no better that the ungodly men.
The truth is a genuine Christian man is not part of any cesspool. He is not a judgmental, chauvinistic hypocrite. That would be those who claim to know the Lord but actually don't. The world is flooded by them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 03:31 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan_Is_A_Loser View Post
And this is why I don't go to church because of the hypocrisy of cherry picking. Jesus said that marrying a divorced woman is adultery, yet Christians tell me that it's not adultery. Again, hypocrisy.
People want to have sex, period. You being nasty about it will just alienate yourself. I agree thoes are difficult scriptures but as a divorced person myself I am not going to subscribe to a celibate life style because I had some unfortunate life events. Only God can judge me in the end.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
No. It's basically a cesspool. The Christian men are no better sometimes worse, very judgmental and chauvinistic hypocrites. Majority of men are just after sex as quickly as they can get it, throw you away like an old dish rag if you're not offering them anything sexually. From what I can tell, the only people benefiting from the whole thing are those that just want sex or children.
So if a man is looking for a romantic relationship with a woman and you just want to hang out and he moves on to someone else then you just an "old dish rag". This is manipulative language. If he does not want to just hang out and thats all you want then move on.

Its the same thing with the fundamentalists telling people they are "living in sin" or "shacking up" because they dont want to get involved with the state in marriage. Its a manipulation tactic to attempt to make someone else feel shame when in fact their own arguments have very weak biblical back up.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
I am very much convinced that men have a higher biological drive to reproduce than woman. Why I do not know. A guess would be a higher testosterone level. I believe men are much more prone to fall into sexual immorality than woman because of it. It's just an opinion, i believe woman are more prone to fall to power and riches. So a Christian wife that is holding out on her husband is setting him up for a fall.

I am amazed at the guys girls seem to be attracted to however. They seem to be attracted to the arrogant, self confident, self loving kind of guy that is all out for self. So I wonder what they are expecting when he treats them like trash.

All men don't treat woman the way described but I do believe that Men are biologically designed with this strong drive and it is a wife's place to not withhold from her husband. Those that do are setting their husband up for a fall.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM

I dont beleive God is going to hold us accountable for the way he made us. Our overall salvation is not dependant upon anothers behavior. If I had a wife that became a prude so I divorce her and marry another, then I get involved in all the difficult verses of matthew, however, it would have never had to come to that if wives would act like wives.

If God does hold us accountable for the way he made us then it is what it is, he is God and can do what ever he wants, that does not change the fact that I want sex and that sex is a healthy activity if done monogomusly (serial monogomy, if you want to put the manipulative fundamentalist christian spin on it).

Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I dont beleive God is going to hold us accountable for the way he made us. Our overall salvation is not dependant upon anothers behavior. If I had a wife that became a prude so I divorce her and marry another, then I get involved in all the difficult verses of matthew, however, it would have never had to come to that if wives would act like wives.

If God does hold us accountable for the way he made us then it is what it is, he is God and can do what ever he wants, that does not change the fact that I want sex and that sex is a healthy activity if done monogomusly (serial monogomy, if you want to put the manipulative fundamentalist christian spin on it).
Be very careful when you attempt to blame God for your sins. Adam blamed God when he stated the reason for his disobedience was because of the woman God gave him.

We ARE held responsible for our behavior and WILL be held accountable. For what judgment we measure shall be measured to us. God is not mocked. We will reap what we sow. We cannot pass our failures on anything but us as God has given us the capability to overcome by His Holy Spirit. There is no excuse for disobedience and we will be held accountable for our actions.

Indeed all Christians ARE EXPECTED to overcome.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Be very careful when you attempt to blame God for your sins. Adam blamed God when he stated the reason for his disobedience was because of the woman God gave him.

We ARE held responsible for our behavior and WILL be held accountable. For what judgment we measure shall be measured to us. God is not mocked. We will reap what we sow. We cannot pass our failures on anything but us as God has given us the capability to overcome by His Holy Spirit. There is no excuse for disobedience and we will be held accountable for our actions.

Indeed all Christians ARE EXPECTED to overcome.
Resistance is futile. God did not create the borg, ultimatly we are all still human, seems many churchs forget that.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 AM

792 posts, read 1,176,512 times
Although we are still human. Every man will be held accountable for God is a holy God. For the wages of sin is death...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity