Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:28 PM

109 posts, read 360,027 times

Advertisements

I read in my bible that Jesus went around healing the sick and gave us instructions to continue on that ministry.

Matthew 9:35": And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people

Mark 16:18": They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The Apostles continued on that tradition preaching the word of God to sin not, perfection, holiness,sanctification, and righteousness etc. However man kind today has stopped doing what the bible says and instead just preach for a few minutes before we get into the sports and the church social. Man has given up the King James bible and went for a false gospel another gospel.

Acts 14:1": And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

"2": But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.

"3": Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands."

So when did the need stop. If gas and oil was required to run a car when it came out out then that same gas and oil is needed today to keep the church running as it was in the apostle days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 02:02 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew39abc View Post
I read in my bible that Jesus went around healing the sick and gave us instructions to continue on that ministry.

Matthew 9:35": And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people

Mark 16:18": They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The Apostles continued on that tradition preaching the word of God to sin not, perfection, holiness,sanctification, and righteousness etc. However man kind today has stopped doing what the bible says and instead just preach for a few minutes before we get into the sports and the church social. Man has given up the King James bible and went for a false gospel another gospel.

Acts 14:1": And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

"2": But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.

"3": Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands."

So when did the need stop. If gas and oil was required to run a car when it came out out then that same gas and oil is needed today to keep the church running as it was in the apostle days.
It only stops among those who do not believe.

MT 13:58 "And He did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief."
MK 6:6 "And He marveled because of their unbelief."

This is still all true today even with those who have the initial down payment of salvation. They speak against it and what little faith one might have had, they destroy.

Faith comes by hearing the Word of His Power not by mans negative reports. It is God's good pleasure to give us the Kingdom with all of it's benefits including quickening the mortal body unto health!

Last edited by garya123; 04-04-2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
The need for miracles may not be all that apparent, however the need to heal and care for those in need is very much being met in many ways by believers.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The Non-denominational church where I go has miracles and healings today and Lord Jesus heals and keeps the people there cleansed , that every meeting the Pastor directs a time were people can stand during the meeting and give a short testimony and praise to the Lord Jesus for the witness of miracles and healings , where there could be time for about six witness every meeting ..... Then once a month there is a healing , and prayer for Jesus miracle night service, where Jesus is always healing His people and answering prayers for others ......

Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
I believe that it is necessary for us to keep the commandments of our Lord and Savior.
St. Paull said in Gal. 5: [19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
[24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
[25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Heb. 5 says [8] Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
[9] And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
I have never witnessed a miracle that would compare to what the book of Acts describes. I see a lot of shysters on tv claiming to do them...and selling miracle oil and special annointing cloths....but no real miracles. Does that mean that they don't happen? No. God can and does do what he wants, when he wants.

But I'm not sure that he makes a habit of enabling his people to call down miracles on command. I think that he did those miracles as signs for the unbelieving people at the time.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Non-denominational church where I go has miracles and healings today and Lord Jesus heals and keeps the people there cleansed , that every meeting the Pastor directs a time were people can stand during the meeting and give a short testimony and praise to the Lord Jesus for the witness of miracles and healings , where there could be time for about six witness every meeting ..... Then once a month there is a healing , and prayer for Jesus miracle night service, where Jesus is always healing His people and answering prayers for others ......
Have you ever had any of the miracles independently documented?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I think that he did those miracles as signs for the unbelieving people at the time.
Surely the by-product of what Jesus did were signs but first and foremost is that Jesus did those things for people who had faith for there needs to be meet by Him. He does not do those things for those who called Him a liar. And He doesn't do things out of a whim of our thought. He is not the carnival man putting on a show for those who tempt Him for a show of signs but is moved by faith only for real needs. And first is to have Him, the giver, and then the gifts will manifest.

Faith in Him is the substance of things not seen because He is the substance of all of God's good provisions for mankind. One is robbing themselves of what they are looking for and truly need in life if they neglect so great a salvation because they are looking in the wrong direction.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:26 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
I also agree that Jesus continues his healing ministry today. I also agree with the conclusion as some that the reason we don't see this blatant power in operation is possibly because we couldn't handle it. keep people in prayer. It is powerful. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever. The immutable God of glory. His power is infinite.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
And the greatest miracle is when He gives the Holy Spirit to those who have a mind to obey Him. (See acts 5:32)
Then that Spirit will direct us to make it possible to DO the will of God, without which we will not enter the kingdom of heaven. (See Matt. 7:21)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity