Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What happens if I have a dream that contradicts what your dream said?
Nightmares, don't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What happens if I have a dream that contradicts what your dream said?
Nothing that I know of, Vizio. What prompted your comment?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Conflicting dreams/interpretations will happen; I believe it's because we're not all in the same place - it's similar to reading a scripture differently after years pass, or even after an event that the Lord uses to "open you up".

imo

Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 AM

367 posts, read 370,337 times
I had a dream some years back that the rapture had taken place and the UN, most governments along with the Pope, the President of the Mormon church, were all joining with the leaders of the Pentecostal denominations on TBN to tell people that it could not be the rapture that caused millions of Christians to vanish because they were still here. They were able to convince most that the rapture had not taken place but all those Christians vanished for some other reason.

There was more to the dream but the rest dealt with my family and myself mostly.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
I had a dream some years back that the rapture had taken place and the UN, most governments along with the Pope, the President of the Mormon church, were all joining with the leaders of the Pentecostal denominations on TBN to tell people that it could not be the rapture that caused millions of Christians to vanish because they were still here. They were able to convince most that the rapture had not taken place but all those Christians vanished for some other reason.

There was more to the dream but the rest dealt with my family and myself mostly.
I take it you believe in the pre-trib rapture and that many will be left behind? Otherwise, this would be a rather strange thing for you to dream.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Conflicting dreams/interpretations will happen; I believe it's because we're not all in the same place - it's similar to reading a scripture differently after years pass, or even after an event that the Lord uses to "open you up".

imo
I'm still wondering if Vizio had a conflicting dream, or if he was just tempted to introduce conflict into the thread and succumbed to the temptation.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:13 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

imo
I agree with this. I'm also wary of people who have a dream with information intended for me.
I happen to think that God speaks directly to people who walk with him. He does not uses intermediaries.

I have been told by others what will for my life was after the receipt of a "supportive dream".
By supportive, I mean a dream that supports a desire of the dreamer for you, that they have voiced in the "natural".

For example, a Christian friend who moved out of state, and wanted badly for my husband and I to follow her, told me over and over that where I lived was inferior. We did not have any interest in moving there.

Finally, the woman had a dream, where the Lord told her that I would be happier there.
I am not doubting my friends good intentions, and she may well have had such a dream.
I AM doubting that the information was meant for me.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I'm still wondering if Vizio had a conflicting dream, or if he was just tempted to introduce conflict into the thread and succumbed to the temptation.
I believe you know the answer to that, Heartsong.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree with this. I'm also wary of people who have a dream with information intended for me.
I happen to think that God speaks directly to people who walk with him. He does not uses intermediaries.

I have been told by others what will for my life was after the receipt of a "supportive dream".
By supportive, I mean a dream that supports a desire of the dreamer for you, that they have voiced in the "natural".

For example, a Christian friend who moved out of state, and wanted badly for my husband and I to follow her, told me over and over that where I lived was inferior. We did not have any interest in moving there.

Finally, the woman had a dream, where the Lord told her that I would be happier there.
I am not doubting my friends good intentions, and she may well have had such a dream.
I AM doubting that the information was meant for me.
Good point, Sheena. She well may have dreamed that, but a lot of our dreams can come from our subconscious desires. The times when I have had what I believe are dreams from God are always for my personal teaching and the way I know they are from God (at least I believe they are -- I walk by faith) is that the Spirit interprets the dream for me right upon awakening. I have also had the experience of hearing from God (I believe) right upon awakening without any dream beforehand. I asked God why he speaks to me at that time. I believe his answer to me was so that I know it is not from anything my mind was thinking on - it is just his voice right when I awaken telling me something. This doesn't happen everyday. I wish it did. Nothing makes me happier than when I perceive the Lord speaking something to me.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM

367 posts, read 370,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I take it you believe in the pre-trib rapture and that many will be left behind? Otherwise, this would be a rather strange thing for you to dream.
I can't control my dreams. I never believed the Pope and LDS president would work together but that was in my dream. So what we believe obviously does not dictate our dreams. Perhaps it's just God trying to show me something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity