Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Heavens peace and perfect justice kissed a lost world in love.
He died to satisfy God'sjustice. Some people here reject that very justice. They call it 'monsterous', and declare they cannot worship a god with such justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He died to satisfy God'sjustice. Some people here reject that very justice. They call it 'monsterous', and declare they cannot worship a god with such justice.
We do not accept YOUR definition that it is justice, Finn. There can never be anything just about infinitely punishing someone for a finite crime, period. That makes a mockery of the concept of justice . . . so we KNOW God has nothing to do with it. It is entirely man made.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Your understanding of justice Mr Jarber is monstrous, thankfully The justice of the living God is not.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:51 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
.The god who is worshipped and adored as a savior from eternal hell is a devil, Jesus never taught that he is a savior from eternal hell.
Jesus never taught he is a savior from 'eternal' hell simply because the Bible's hell is Not eternal.

For something to be eternal wouldn't it have to exist forever and ever ?

The 'Bible's hell' [ Hebrew: sheol ] is Not a permanent place because Jesus has the keys to unlock hell.- Rev. 1 v 18
Once Jesus 'delivers up' [ meaning resurrects up out of hell - Rev. 20 vs 13,14 ], then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic 'second death ' for both death and hell.

According to Hebrews [ 2 v 14 B ] Jesus destroys Satan.
According to Rev. [ 21 v 8 ] Satan ends up in 'second death '
So, 'second death' is a fitting term for: destruction.
Besides Satan being destroyed, the Bible's temporary hell is also destroyed in 'second death'.
Jesus is thus the Savior from temporary hell [ mankind's common grave for the dead - Ecc. 9 v 5 ].

Old 04-13-2013, 06:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
He died to satisfy God's justice. Some people here reject that very justice. They call it 'monsterous', and declare they cannot worship a god with such justice.
What it boils down to is that there are haters of God when Jesus himself says:
"for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—
those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
Jesus says that such judgements on the evil ---> is just <----- and he speaks it to the pleasure of God

Old 04-13-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What it boils down to is that there are haters of God when Jesus himself says:
"for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—
those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just,
for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
Jesus says that such judgements on the evil ---> is just <----- and he speaks it to the pleasure of God
No TwinSpin what it boils down to is your inability to see beyond sin and the grave,thus limiting the love,grace,mercy and forgiveness of God.

Where sin abounds the grace of God over abounds......... You do not believe this. You believe sin is greater than the over abounding grace of God.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Yes, 'everlasting punishment' Not meaning 'everlasting hell'.

2nd Thess. 1 v 9 equates punishment with 'everlasting destruction'.
And just as Jesus taught there will be those who will 'perish'. -John 3 v 16 B
That is also why 2nd Peter [ 3 v 9 ] can mention the unrepentant will 'perish' or 'be destroyed'.
All wicked ones according to Psalm [ 92 v 7 ] will perish or be destroyed forever.

The English word often translated in KJV as hellfire is the word: Gehenna
Gehenna was a garbage pit where things were destroyed Not kept burning forever. [ ashes to ashes ]
So, 'hellfire' or Gehenna is a fitting symbol for: destruction.
The 'everlasting punishment' of 'everlasting destruction'.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
No TwinSpin what it boils down to is your inability to see beyond sin and the grave,thus limiting the love,grace,mercy and forgiveness of God.
Where sin abounds the grace of God over abounds......... You do not believe this. You believe sin is greater than the over abounding grace of God.
Besides God's love, grace, mercy and forgiveness what about God's attribute of: justice ?
According to Proverbs 21 v 18 aren't the wicked a ransom for the righteous..... ?

Justice requires that the guilty [ unrepentant ] are not cleared.- Exodus 34 v 7 A; 2nd Peter 3 v 9; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus never taught he is a savior from 'eternal' hell simply because the Bible's hell is Not eternal.

For something to be eternal wouldn't it have to exist forever and ever ?

The 'Bible's hell' [ Hebrew: sheol ] is Not a permanent place because Jesus has the keys to unlock hell.- Rev. 1 v 18
Once Jesus 'delivers up' [ meaning resurrects up out of hell - Rev. 20 vs 13,14 ], then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic 'second death ' for both death and hell.

According to Hebrews [ 2 v 14 B ] Jesus destroys Satan.
According to Rev. [ 21 v 8 ] Satan ends up in 'second death '
So, 'second death' is a fitting term for: destruction.
Besides Satan being destroyed, the Bible's temporary hell is also destroyed in 'second death'.
Jesus is thus the Savior from temporary hell [ mankind's common grave for the dead - Ecc. 9 v 5 ].
Unfortunately most believe Jesus uses the keys to lock them in not set them free. Even Pilate of all people held a key that would unconditionally release a prisoner of the choice of the People at the festival, and in our depravity we lower the living God below that of Pilate and those who chose unconditionally to release Barabbas. Lord have mercy upon us.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Besides God's love, grace, mercy and forgiveness what about God's attribute of: justice ?
According to Proverbs 21 v 18 aren't the wicked a ransom for the righteous..... ?

Justice requires that the guilty [ unrepentant ] are not cleared.- Exodus 34 v 7 A; 2nd Peter 3 v 9; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6
We reap what we sow. Even destruction is reforming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity