Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IS THERE POWER IN THE WORDS OF JESUS?
Just a man talking. 5 21.74%
Yes, meditataing on His Words saved my life. 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenScd View Post
You have itemized your own Man precepts-doctrines without authorization, and they are missing conscience so they go into the bin with extra heavy duty gloves on. If you were martyr Peter ok. Nothing personal but this is a new church your trying to create.

Cut the workers up at work to the boss, and the "process", (ignorant-ancients) as a chief issue and guess who gets the pink slip ? Life is what it is. Mary 1917 Fatima...accept and bear the sufferings best possible , very important she says.
Actually, Karen, every point in that particular post is based on scripture. You may disagree with Mystic on many points, but you should know the foundations for what he says. If you don't think it is right, better to ask for that "authorization."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 08:02 PM

29 posts, read 14,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Actually, Karen, every point in that particular post is based on scripture. You may disagree with Mystic on many points, but you should know the foundations for what he says. If you don't think it is right, better to ask for that "authorization."

Again go ahead in your own words and discuss, explain, criticize. Otherwise above is dismissed.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Again go ahead in your own words and discuss, explain, criticize. Otherwise above is dismissed.
Ok, here is the post in question:

Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! . . . and follow His commands to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't.

This was true during the time of the OT and the Old Covenant. It does NOT apply today to the New Covenant because God has "written in our hearts" and Christ's Holy Spirit (Comforter) is available within our consciousness to guide us to the truth. Under the New Covenant we are to trust what is in our hearts and the guidance that we receive from the Comforter. We should read the Bible using the "mind of Christ" to discern truth from error by asking WWJT . . . NOT what men have said Jehovah (YHWH) would think in the "precepts and doctrines of men."

The first sentence is based on Jesus statement that the commandment to love God is the mostt important of the commandments and that "love your neighbor as yourself" is like it.
The second sentence is in response to the statement in Jeremiah about the heart being deceitful, and of course it is, but Jeremiah also spoke about a "new covenant" that would be written on the hearts of the believers, and such a thing would make the believer uncomfortable if his "heart" tried to deceive him. The next point is about Jesus' promise that when He went away He would send a "comforter" the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. Paul said that believers "have the mind of Christ" a matter of spiritual guidance in 1 Cor near the beginning if I have it right. Mystic uses the expression "what would Jesus think" to describe this.
Is that helpful?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,470 times
Default Karen , excuse me for butting in..........

sp
Quote:
We Christians are jealous for the WORD.........I appreciate the motive..........and the Apostle Paul inspired me to begin like that.......... I can tell you a very protective of the WORD. Many of us here on earth believe that seeking truth and wisdom involves forming an opinion and then deciding to rethink it later. The scripture calls for us to be wise. This involves testing ourselves with the help of a higher nature in us all. Not everyone calls that nature what you call it............that's okay with me.........not everyone calls the Holy Spirit, and God the Son, and God the Father...the Trinity........but they still profess to believe in each one........What's important to me, and some others is the truth we can use, and have used and believe.......like the parables of Jesus. Look at the poll on this thread......I'm talking about a way to access the Power of the Truth Jesus by Faith.........but not such a leap as some would say....only the turning, stepping the distance of a mustard seed. We don't convert people we can arrange something to collide.......like a horse that wont drink and salty oats.

Last edited by bluescityleon; 07-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM

Default Jesus said he came to fulfill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! . . . and follow His commands to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't.

This was true during the time of the OT and the Old Covenant. It does NOT apply today to the New Covenant because God has "written in our hearts" and Christ's Holy Spirit (Comforter) is available within our consciousness to guide us to the truth. Under the New Covenant we are to trust what is in our hearts and the guidance that we receive from the Comforter. We should read the Bible using the "mind of Christ" to discern truth from error by asking WWJT . . . NOT what men have said Jehovah (YHWH) would think in the "precepts and doctrines of men."
We are not called to perfection.......or to live forever in our present state.....the Old Testament reminds me to seek wisdom........Jesus said he did not come to bring peace..........but he said bless the peace makers... we are salt, we are peacemakers... sometimes we have to fight for it..........demand it...fight city Hall for our rights...... Jesus taught to believe and not give up and if we fail , it's only for now....and if we fail we learn...and if we notice a fault in someone.it is because we have an idea it is wrong to ignore it...so we should be sure we understand the nature of the fault and remove it from ourselves. Then we will see clearly how to help the other.........Freud taught his students that. He had common scene and wisdom......Denial is the word thrown around today and it's at the crux, in our heart we can be deceived, the heart can be wrong and convience us it is right. That's why we search our hearts. A good glue is when we see fault in others. We see their fault, but should search ourselves. Some say we shouldn't Judge....I don't accept that. We should not judge wrongly. We should not ignore a wrong.... and we should not try to repair a wrong with careless criticizing or action. That would be wrong...that would be a sin

Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You can only judge righteously if you are willing to judge yourself. Jesus also wrote in the sand and made a statement "He who is without sin cast the first stone." If you want to cast stone then repent of your own shortcomings, pray without ceasing and judge by the word not your feelings.

He also said go repent and sin no more.To the woman that was to be stoned.

brushrunner

Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
We are not called to perfection.
No we aren't . . . only Jesus was . . . but we ARE called to be perfect as our Father in heaven..The word translated as "perfect" does not mean perfection as we use it today. It meant "mature." As children of God we are to mature into adults in "love of God and each other."

Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
The easiest way to remove a log from our eye is to understanding whatever we judge in another we do the same.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 PM

670 posts, read 815,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post

I personally know people into all kinds of stuff, and the stuff become an obsession, a habit. ( including myself)

Government for example...

Listen to people talk from a position of Dramatic Influence ( people arguing on TV or Radio.) and the message can enter the heart but bypass the mind. The trick is not to think with the heart only but think with the mind but too, it needs to be a well tune, peaceful mind.

If it's a troubling message it can create nervousness, or adds to stress.

Tying to focus on what the government needs to do is tricky....if you think about a problem and think about the negative side to long it can have an adverse effect on your personal peace..

IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY CAN DO TO IMPROVE THINGS, STUFF ( THEIR OWN STUFF) THEY WOULD IMPROVE THEMSELVES, BECOME HAPPY, Heathy, wealthy and WISE.

The Master said we would have a realistic chance of helping others. Remove the log from your own eye first...then your WILL see clearly how to remove a speck from a neighbor's eye, a brothers eye. maybe THE GOVERNMENT'S eye.

Criticizing others can become an obsession and cause us to become blind. Like in the song I was blind but now I see...
See what?
Things we missed before.

"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" - Matthew - 6:27
Don't worry about the things of this world have faith and trust in God, that doesn't mean to be lazy we must still strive onward with diligence but we shouldn't worry about any thing.

That verse: "First remove the plank from your own eye, then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brothers eye." That verse is saying that rather than pointing fingers at others and belittling them about their problems we should take care of our own problems first. We can't hope to help others with their problems if we have a problem our self that we refuse to do any thing about.

"A blind man can not lead a blind man because they will both fall into a ditch." Our Praise leaders must be held to a higher morale standard because they are needed to help us with our problems therefore any one who professes to be a Minister of Christ's teachings must be walking as close to God as they can or else they will be like a blind man leading a blind man into sin.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 PM

Default History teaches us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Bluescity: The following text from 1 Corinthians really works better on your point on the previous post.

1Co 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
1Co 2:7 No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.

1Co 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
1Co 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This should help you understand. The unbeliever without the spirit can understand the law, but the deeper things of God, NO.
I am not an expert. I have vast experience at staying alive. I do not know if there is a world where spirits live and another for mortals, only what I have experienced. Jesus gave us many ideas and clues......I think about Him and His Words and my problems work out for the best.......Never did achieve the fame of my boyhood dreams, but that was good, and good things come from the giver of life. As an old man I see what dreams can do. We can form our dreams and our thoughts and become something more than we were, and better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity