U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I believe the 1000 year reign is....
a literal 1000 year period of time to come. 44 68.75%
a literal 1000 year period of time which has already started. 2 3.13%
the spiritual reign of Christ with believers in the new dispensation in which we live. 8 12.50%
I'm not sure. 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 PM

3,434 posts, read 8,946,080 times

Advertisements

I think the "spirit" of the anti-christ is already at work.. scriptures referring to the anti-christ, mean that, that spirit is already at work, but not allowed to do wants to do until the rapture of the church which also means the the Holy Spirit will be gone too, which IMHO from reading on this subject is what is holding back "the man of lawlessness" from being revealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 03:35 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,664,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, just a thought on the 666 thing, scripture does say if I remember correctly, that if you take the mark of the beast, you will NOT be in heaven.
Yes.. and I agree it would be more than just a materialistic attitude.. possibly deception. Proclaiming the "Christian religion" yet proudly protraying the mark of the beast and the number of his name..

Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I have always understood these verses to be speaking strictly of the time that Christ actually lived on earth. I have never heard of them being applied to the 1000 years.
I agree..thats what I understand as well.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Yes.. and I agree it would be more than just a materialistic attitude.. possibly deception. Proclaiming the "Christian religion" yet proudly protraying the mark of the beast and the number of his name..
IMHO..the number 666 is going to be a real mark..just an example...**lets think of those implanted chips now availible and so widely talked about to keep up with a person..they be placed just under the skin..and marked with a computer scanned..one could turn off that number or on with a computer.

also..how can the verse...Behold and he comes with ten thousand of his saints be defined if we are still here..his saints are us..

Old 10-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn
I have always understood these verses to be speaking strictly of the time that Christ actually lived on earth. I have never heard of them being applied to the 1000 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I agree..thats what I understand as well.
What about the kingdom foretold in the OT? Is that all coming yet? To bring out these verses again:

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo, here! or lo, there! for, behold the kingdom of God is within you"(Luke 17:20,21)

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there, believe it not"(Matt. 24:23)

If that was strictly when Christ was on this earth, what are we doing? Aren't we part of a spiritual kingdom?

Old 10-29-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
IMHO..the number 666 is going to be a real mark..just an example...**lets think of those implanted chips now availible and so widely talked about to keep up with a person..they be placed just under the skin..and marked with a computer scanned..one could turn off that number or on with a computer.
Like I said, I don't definitely know what the mark will be... but if it was actually a number 666 I'm sure not many would have it! And it very likely will be something of which most are not aware.

Quote:
also..how can the verse...Behold and he comes with ten thousand of his saints be defined if we are still here..his saints are us..
It'd be helpful if you'd provide where the verses are found so I can look them up! Don't have a very good search method.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I don't definitely know what the mark will be... but if it was actually a number 666 I'm sure not many would have it! And it very likely will be something of which most are not aware.

It'd be helpful if you'd provide where the verses are found so I can look them up! Don't have a very good search method.
apologies on not posting on where the scriputure is..quoting from memory..

if Christians are not here..and the Holy Spirit is not here..the anti-Christ according to the Bible will come and promote peace..world peace..while the whole time having a secret agenda..which is def not peace. How does he do this..one world religion..one world government. There goes all the wars over both..

Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM

Really what we're doing is looking at this whole subject backwards.. it really needs to be an indepth study, starting with OT prophecy of the coming kingdom, and see how or if it relates to what we are experiencing today. And THEN take Rev 20 and discuss it!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:59 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,185,541 times
Quote:
The portion I bolded is the part that I disagree with. The reason being is found in the scripture I quoted earlier.

Revelation 13:16-17
16 He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17 so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

It sounds like the mark will be forced on everyone. If you are unable to buy or sell unless you comply, that would be a sign that it could be the mark.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
apologies on not posting on where the scriputure is..quoting from memory..

if Christians are not here..and the Holy Spirit is not here..the anti-Christ according to the Bible will come and promote peace..world peace..while the whole time having a secret agenda..which is def not peace. How does he do this..one world religion..one world government. There goes all the wars over both..
Christians are here.. and the Holy Spirit has been promised to the end of the world. Can't you see how the anti-christ is already promoting peace with a secret agenda? For example.. anti-discrimination laws.. stroke mother and father out of textbooks to promote gay marriage, etc... stroke out the word "marriage". "lets all be tolerant". Christians who speak out against sin are blasted for being hateful and intolerant! "Let's all be peaceful, live and let live!" Promoting peace! And yet it is not peace. It is causing confusion and deception. The anti-christ is at work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity