Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The biggest problem I see is that no one seems to be able to show why a homosexual love expressed in a monogamous relationship should be considered harmful either to themselves or to society. Knowing this in the back of their minds, imo, religious people who believe homosexual relations under any conditions are "abominable" get more strident in declaring their position. Combine that with the sexual insecurity that seems to be endemic to our society and you have an explosive situation.

When "good, decent and moral people" can brin g something to the table besides their religious convictions, when they can demonstrate the harm a homosexual relationship does to society, then their position will not be denigrated because of the necessary requirement that there be valid reason for enforcing differences in law to specific groups.
Health and internal spiritual issues aside...

For people who believe in God, and understand that God is the source of blessings and cursings for a country - we believe that the more our country embraces sin, the more we make ourselves available for God to bring us down via enemy attack, financial problems, famine, etc.

Let me speak for myself - that's what I believe. And it's not just homosexuality - it's all widespread acceptance of sin that makes us susceptible to be brought down as a country by God - even though certain sins under the category of murder, sex, or any other sin category which the Bible says defiles the land or people are of a higher importance.

The ACT is sin. If two men want to be together and can control themselves from having sex for the Lord's sake - there would be no complaints from me. In fact they would be doing better than most hetero Christians who sin in other areas.

Also - we are not designed to behave that way. Men have male parts. Females have female parts. The ACT is contrary to how we are designed and the body is misused.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
"Sodomy" as the bible calls it, is an abomination. It is a external sign that the inward man/the real person has fallen spiritually. It appears that it could be an abandonment judgment in which God gives one over to these vile passions by His spirit no longer convicting them. It's a bad sign of one's spiritual state. The good news is Jesus will clean that up to anyone coming to Him. He won't force them however as that would violate the free will he's given to us.

You don't use a bucket of screws to build a house. You need a screw and a bolt. Nature teaches us it is suppose to be a Man and a Woman. It's to assure a wholesome family unit.

While many harp on homosexuality, which will certainly come into judgment if not repented of and forsaken by the blood of Jesus, the Bible talks about great sins such as covetousness and desiring evil things.

It gets right to the heart of the issue which is our heart. While the world is talking about homosexuality God is talking about covetousness. Not being thankful for all the good that he has provided, but being unthankful and greedy.

There is still time to repent, but there is a day coming when the flood waters start to rise. The Lord is not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Bible never says being gay is a sin.
True, the Bible never says being gay is a sin, that's because gay or homosexual was not in their vocabulary when the Bible was written. But, it does certain describes a homosexual act and says it is abominable to God. Even so, I can't say this is the worst sin of all because this act is between two people while the murder of millions of people in Nazi Germany or Stalin's USSR must be the worst sin of all.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:57 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
"Sins" are normally something that can be controlled, something that involves humans and choices. Being gay isn't a choice, and it isn't something that can be controlled. That would be like saying it's a sin to be born with blue eyes, it's a sin to be of the Asian race and it's a sin to be left handed. Go tell a gay person they're life is a sin and obviously they're not going to be very receptive and will probably be pretty offended. It would be like going around telling people who are balding that they're not worthy and living their life in sin. What choice do you have in the matter?

What are gay people suppose to do? Sit out their entire lives on earth on the sidelines? Never fall in love or run from love just because? Never be with anyone they want to be with? I mean you might as well not live, that's no life anyone deserves or would want. Especially because there's no rational reason for it and they're not hurting anyone or anything. It's completely unfair that a group of people should be marginalized and publicly judged and condemned because of some vague wording in a book written by men over 75 generations ago. Gay people just want to be left alone to live the same lives as everyone else. I don't understand why straight people are SO obsessed with gay people. Gay people aren't that exciting. I'm a gay guy and I can tell you I'm pretty boring and live the exact same life as most of those around me.

Gay people aren't shoving their views in others faces and they're not out with some crazy "agenda". They want to have the same rights of hospital visits, death benefits, tax laws and the other 1,000 things that are taken for granted by those who aren't kept out of the loop for no good reason. If people are able to be refused housing or fired from their jobs for being gay, then they should be able to do the same to left handed people, tall people, white people and people with brown eyes - because there's really no difference. We're all the same human beings.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:03 PM

367 posts, read 370,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
"Sins" are normally something that can be controlled, something that involves humans and choices. Being gay isn't a choice, and it isn't something that can be controlled. That would be like saying it's a sin to be born with blue eyes, it's a sin to be of the Asian race and it's a sin to be left handed. Go tell a gay person they're life is a sin and obviously they're not going to be very receptive and will probably be pretty offended. It would be like going around telling people who are balding that they're not worthy and living their life in sin. What choice do you have in the matter?

What are gay people suppose to do? Sit their entire lives on earth out on the sidelines? Never fall in love or run from love just because? Never be with anyone they want to be with? I mean you might as well not live, that's no life anyone deserves or would want. Especially because there's no rational reason for it. It's completely unfair that a group of people should be marginalized and publicly judged and condemned because of some vague wording in a book written by men over 75 generations ago.
Behavior is always a choice. To claim "being gay" is like having "blue eye's" is like saying being Black is like raping a woman. Sin is sin and to perform homosexual acts is a sin. It's always a choice. Choosing to perform sinful homosexual acts is like choosing to have sex with a dog. No difference. It's a choice and a sin.

Last edited by DennisWayne; 04-15-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-15-2013, 12:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
If being gay bothers god so much, maybe he should have created everyone heterosexual.

I guess he made a mistake.

But I forgive him.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
If being gay bothers god so much, maybe he should have created everyone heterosexual.

I guess he made a mistake.

But I forgive him.
God did make everyone heterosexual,

You made the mistake,

You are the one in need of God's forgiveness.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post

What are gay people suppose to do? Sit out their entire lives on earth on the sidelines? Never fall in love or run from love just because? Never be with anyone they want to be with? I mean you might as well not live, that's no life anyone deserves or would want. Especially because there's no rational reason for it and they're not hurting anyone or anything. It's completely unfair that a group of people should be marginalized and publicly judged and condemned because of some vague wording in a book written by men over 75 generations ago. Gay people just want to be left alone to live the same lives as everyone else. I don't understand why straight people are SO obsessed with gay people. Gay people aren't that exciting. I'm a gay guy and I can tell you I'm pretty boring and live the exact same life as most of those around me.

Gay people aren't shoving their views in others faces and they're not out with some crazy "agenda". They want to have the same rights of hospital visits, death benefits, tax laws and the other 1,000 things that are taken for granted by those who aren't kept out of the loop for no good reason. If people are able to be refused housing or fired from their jobs for being gay, then they should be able to do the same to left handed people, tall people, white people and people with brown eyes - because there's really no difference. We're all the same human beings.
It is true that some men may prefer the company of other men and certain women may prefer the company of other women but carnal love is a sin. They can control carnal love. God says to love one another as yourself, but he does not mean carnal love. Infact, carnal love should only be done with a man and a wife and no other. That is in the Bible.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
It is true that some men may prefer the company of other men and certain women may prefer the company of other women but carnal love is a sin. They can control carnal love. God says to love one another as yourself, but he does not mean carnal love. Infact, carnal love should only be done with a man and a wife and no other. That is in the Bible.
This is true. I have other men I enjoy spending time with. But not just to sin with.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Behavior is always a choice. To claim "being gay" is like having "blue eye's" is like saying being Black is like raping a woman. Sin is sin and to perform homosexual acts is a sin. It's always a choice. Choosing to perform sinful homosexual acts is like choosing to have sex with a dog. No difference. It's a choice and a sin.
I think this is where you're really confused. I have no idea how a gay person being in a consentual relationship is somehow like a person having sex with an animal or raping a woman (that's twisted dude!) There's nothing different about two men in a loving marriage doing what they do in the bedroom and what you and your wife in a loving marriage do (I'm not talking about the physical aspect, just the human aspect). Why are people born gay if they're suppose to sit their entire lifes out and do nothing with them when it comes to loving relationships - which is the strongest aspect of our lives for the most part.

That's where the bible fails the test of being rational in the real world. Why did god create people to be born gay if they are disqualified from living a happy life before they even take their first breath? So they have no options at all and the millions of them are just to deal with their bad luck? Even though there are millions of other gay people out there who just want to have a loving relationship like everyone else? Who are straight people to tell them they can't. Where's the rational reason WHY?? Just cause the bible says random crap doesn't mean anything here in the real world. The bible says 500 things that everyone ignores because it just doesn't make sene in the real world. Gay people get picked on because 95% of people are straight so by sheer numbers they can just shove gays into the corner and hope they go away. That would be fine for most gay people, but not when you get the bible mixed up in making actual laws and using to deny them human rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity