Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Your failure to understand who God is will lead you and anyone that listens to you to hell.
But YOU understand who God is.

Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Exactly.
Not to mention the reason for the discipline.
I'm sorry. Misstatement. Your portrayal of God's love is that he's so overcome by his devotion to us that he can't possibly punish sinners. That is heretical. You've created a god in your own mind. You might as well worship a block of wood.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
But YOU understand who God is.

Right?
I read the Bible. I'm the one quoting the Bible. Not you or the other universalists here.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I read the Bible. I'm the one quoting the Bible. Not you or the other universalists here.
That wasn't the question.

I asked if you understand who God is.

If you do....... whoa. Alert CNN. Because as horrid as the news from Boston is they'll interrupt if they can put a pastor from Podunk on the air to tell the world he understands who God is.

I imagine you'll get a lot of questions. No fair quoting Bible verses for responses. ANY of us can quote Bible verses.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:33 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
You don't know what love is until you realize God hates sin....yet he died on the cross to pay for our sin -- and free us from it. Instead, you have this sappy little, namby pamby notion of a god that is just too weak to punish sin. Your failure to understand who God is will lead you and anyone that listens to you to hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
"God hates sinners; God loves sinners." Which is it, Vizio? They contradict.

"God is too holy to destroy sin and save the sinner; God gives himself a loophole by which he will destroy sin and save the sinner."

Which is it, Vizio? They contradict.
I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge the contradictions here, Vizio.

And why is it that a god who would circumvent his supposed "holiness" standard in order to let SOME sinners off the hook isn't a namby pamby notion of a god but a God whose love and holiness insists that all sin in ALL sinners must and will be eradicated, is?

Old 04-15-2013, 09:39 PM

BTW: I freely admit I don't understand who God is.

I know He loves me. I believe in Him. I believe He created me.

But the answer to who He is is too massive for this mere mortal child of His to comprehend. That's where my faith comes in.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-15-2013 at 09:50 PM..

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge the contradictions here, Vizio.

And why is it that a god who would circumvent his supposed "holiness" standard in order to let SOME sinners off the hook isn't a namby pamby notion of a god but a God whose love and holiness insists that all sin in ALL sinners must and will be eradicated, is?
There is no contradiction. God punished sin. He poured out all his wrath on Jesus Christ -- the 2nd person of the Godhead. We are forgiven because he paid for it all.

The universalists? Their portrayal of God is that he is just too smitten by us to punish us so he just folds like a paper tiger.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
There is no contradiction.
There is no contradiction between "God loves sinners" and "God hates sinners"? It can't be both, so which is it, Vizio?

"God is too holy to destroy sin and save the sinner; God gives himself a loophole by which he will destroy sin and save the sinner." Which is it Vizio? They can't both be true.

Quote:
God punished sin. He poured out all his wrath on Jesus Christ -- the 2nd person of the Godhead. We are forgiven because he paid for it all.
And now you introduce a new contradiction: God supposedly poured out all his wrath on God and all sins are paid for because of that; but God still has some more wrath to pour out on people who don't believe that he poured it all out on himself.

Quote:
The universalists? Their portrayal of God is that he is just too smitten by us to punish us so he just folds like a paper tiger.
So, God being so loving and holy that He will eradicate all sin from all people is what you think of as folding like a paper tiger, but creating a loophole for SOME people by which his supposed holiness can be circumvented, isn't?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Obviously, I love my wife, kids, and others.
I'm not sure what you mean by the "ends of the earth".

As I stated....it's not relevant because I'm not God and my love is not comparable to that.
You are attempting to twist what scripture says based on non-scriptural ideas.
Would you die for them?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
There is no contradiction between "God loves sinners" and "God hates sinners"? It can't be both, so which is it, Vizio?
The Bible says God does both.
Quote:
"God is too holy to destroy sin and save the sinner; God gives himself a loophole by which he will destroy sin and save the sinner." Which is it Vizio? They can't both be true.
He loved them enough to redeem them and take away their sin.
Quote:
And now you introduce a new contradiction: God supposedly poured out all his wrath on God and all sins are paid for because of that; but God still has some more wrath to pour out on people who don't believe that he poured it all out on himself.
The ones that are not redeemed--that didn't trust in him will face his wrath. The ones that do believe don't have to because Jesus did it for them.
Quote:

So, God being so loving and holy that He will eradicate all sin from all people is what you think of as folding like a paper tiger, but creating a loophole for SOME people by which his supposed holiness can be circumvented, isn't?
Him paying out his wrath is not a paper tiger. Him rolling over and being afraid to punish sin is. Your god is an idol created in your own mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity