U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-16-2013, 05:50 AM
 
6,824 posts, read 4,866,824 times
Reputation: 3724

Advertisements

Jude 1
For certain persons crept in unnoticed, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the Grace of God into licentiousness, and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ...

These are spots in your feasts of love, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of the winds; trees whose fruit withers, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots:

Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.


These people call themselves Christians, but they are not fooling God.

Some Characteristics..

They deny that Jesus is our ONLY sovereign master and Lord. He must be the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the KING of Kings and the LORD of Lords, the Almighty God. If not than Peter is blasheming YHWH/Jehovah who declares ONLY He is Lord and will not give His glory to another.

They live after the flesh encouraging others to do so as well presuming the Grace of God. The Bibles clear those that are Christ's have crucified the flesh and are walking after the Spirit. There can be no assurance of one's salvation if they are not a new creature in Christ which old things pass away and all things becoming new. For if he shall live after your flesh he shall die, but if by the Spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall live (Romans 8).

These people are motivated by selfish ambition not Love service. Their god is greed and have eyes full of adultery.

They Deny the only Lord Jesus.. Speaking evil of the way of truth... Salvation through Jesus Christ alone.

They preach universalistic messages denying the certainty if judgment. They "wrest" with Paul's Scripture unto their own destruction.

They prey upon CHRISTIANS... Targeting the weak and vulnerable. The newborns.. They prey for the weak on Christian forums and in carnal fleshly-minded churches alluring souls by sensual means (entertainment etc)

The Lord says the midst if darkness is reserved forever for these people. They have been "for ordained" to this damnation.

Are you one of these? Or are you going to twist and distort Paul's Scriptures, as Peter would say, unto your own destruction?

Last edited by Mikelee81; 04-16-2013 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 AM
 
28,906 posts, read 45,202,743 times
Reputation: 45815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Jude 1
For certain persons crept in unnoticed, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the Grace of God into licentiousness, and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ...

These are spots in your feasts of love, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of the winds; trees whose fruit withers, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots:

Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.


These people call themselves Christians, but they are not fooling God.

Some Characteristics..

They deny that Jesus is our ONLY sovereign master and Lord. He must be the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the KING of Kings and the LORD of Lords, the Almighty God. If not than Peter is blasheming YHWH/Jehovah who declares ONLY He is Lord and will not give His glory to another.

They live after the flesh encouraging others to do so as well presuming the Grace of God. The Bibles clear those that are Christ's have crucified the flesh and are walking after the Spirit. There can be no assurance of one's salvation if they are not a new creature in Christ which old things pass away and all things becoming new. For if he shall live after your flesh he shall die, but if by the Spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall live (Romans 8).

These people are motivated by selfish ambition not Love service. Their god is greed and have eyes full of adultery.

They Deny the only Lord Jesus.. Speaking evil of the way of truth... Salvation through Jesus Christ alone.

They preach universalistic messages denying the certainty if judgment. They "wrest" with Paul's Scripture unto their own destruction.

They prey upon CHRISTIANS... Targeting the weak and vulnerable. The newborns.. They prey for the weak on Christian forums and in carnal fleshly-minded churches alluring souls by sensual means (entertainment etc)

The Lord says the midst if darkness is reserved forever for these people. They have been "for ordained" to this damnation.

Are you one of these? Or are you going to twist and distort Paul's Scriptures, as Peter would say, unto your own destruction?

Well, pretty much every clergy out there would fit into one of these categories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Gettysburg, PA
1,563 posts, read 1,510,434 times
Reputation: 2750
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, pretty much every clergy out there would fit into one of these categories.
That's too bad, but then it is the way it always has been with religion. The one I'm studying under doesn't seem that way, but then one can never be too sure of such a thing. Only God knows what is in a man's heart; one can try to discern it from the person's actions and words, but some people are very skillful in deceiving others into believing what they want them to believe. All you can do, I feel, is pray very earnestly for the Holy Spirit's guidance in searching God's word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
 
37,494 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Reputation: 5854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
That's too bad, but then it is the way it always has been with religion. The one I'm studying under doesn't seem that way, but then one can never be too sure of such a thing. Only God knows what is in a man's heart; one can try to discern it from the person's actions and words, but some people are very skillful in deceiving others into believing what they want them to believe. All you can do, I feel, is pray very earnestly for the Holy Spirit's guidance in searching God's word.
And sincerely ask of your heart WWJT and accept the answer without EXCUSES and RATIONALIZATIONS from the "precepts and doctrines of men." Everytime you excuse or rationalize what your heart knows is true . . . you remove your self farther from Christ and God. The only defense we have against the teachings of men is Christ and what God has "written in our hearts."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Jude 1
For certain persons crept in unnoticed, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the Grace of God into licentiousness, and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ...

These are spots in your feasts of love, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of the winds; trees whose fruit withers, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots:

Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.


These people call themselves Christians, but they are not fooling God.

Some Characteristics..

They deny that Jesus is our ONLY sovereign master and Lord. He must be the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the KING of Kings and the LORD of Lords, the Almighty God. If not than Peter is blasheming YHWH/Jehovah who declares ONLY He is Lord and will not give His glory to another.

They live after the flesh encouraging others to do so as well presuming the Grace of God. The Bibles clear those that are Christ's have crucified the flesh and are walking after the Spirit. There can be no assurance of one's salvation if they are not a new creature in Christ which old things pass away and all things becoming new. For if he shall live after your flesh he shall die, but if by the Spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh you shall live (Romans 8).

These people are motivated by selfish ambition not Love service. Their god is greed and have eyes full of adultery.

They Deny the only Lord Jesus.. Speaking evil of the way of truth... Salvation through Jesus Christ alone.

They preach universalistic messages denying the certainty if judgment. They "wrest" with Paul's Scripture unto their own destruction.

They prey upon CHRISTIANS... Targeting the weak and vulnerable. The newborns.. They prey for the weak on Christian forums and in carnal fleshly-minded churches alluring souls by sensual means (entertainment etc)

The Lord says the midst if darkness is reserved forever for these people. They have been "for ordained" to this damnation.

Are you one of these? Or are you going to twist and distort Paul's Scriptures, as Peter would say, unto your own destruction?
Are you?
Do you twist what Paul said? Do you take at face value what Paul said in 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11 or do you twist God's will into a mere "possibility" or "wish"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
2,819 posts, read 2,765,344 times
Reputation: 1245
"These people are motivated by selfish ambition not Love service. Their god is greed and have eyes full of adultery"
TBN, The jesus channel, and every TV evangelist.

"They Deny the only Lord Jesus.. Speaking evil of the way of truth... Salvation through Jesus Christ alone"
most churches i been to teach that salvation is depended on you repeating a prayer or being wet. kinda like a 50/50 salvation. christ did some, and i must do the rest.

"They prey upon CHRISTIANS... Targeting the weak and vulnerable. The newborns.. They prey for the weak on Christian forums and in carnal fleshly-minded churches alluring souls by sensual means (entertainment etc)"
many churches are always seeking the next best thing. always trying to entertain with new music, conferences, guest speaker, etc...

" they prey on christian forums" LOL

" For if he shall live after your flesh he shall die" most churches teach that die does not mean die ( it takes a theological degree to know this) die actually means alive somewhere else.

The OP nailed it on the head. modern christianity is way off course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
 
Location: arizona ... most of the time
11,822 posts, read 9,810,005 times
Reputation: 1300
His [Paul's] letters contain some things that are hard to understand, ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:16

Such people will take for example 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and will distort "all" into the understanding of "must be all inclusive". And when they do so they are providing an alternative salvation plan that God in his will was pleased to do. By this distorting of "all" into "all inclusive", by default it distorts other specific scriptures.

God's will as Jesus stated:
"For my Fatherís will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life," John 6:40
ignorant and unstable people distort by default John 6:40into
that everyone will look to the Son and believe in him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
His [Paul's] letters contain some things that are hard to understand, ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. 2 Peter 3:16

Such people will take for example 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and will distort "all" into the understanding of "must be all inclusive". And when they do so they are providing an alternative salvation plan that God in his will was pleased to do. By this distorting of "all" into "all inclusive", by default it distorts other specific scriptures.

God's will as Jesus stated:
"For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life," John 6:40
ignorant and unstable people distort by default John 6:40into
that everyone will look to the Son and believe in him
Philippians 2:8-11 says otherwise.
Philippians 2:8-11 and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto
death, even the death of the cross." (9) Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with
the name that is above every name, (10) that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing,
celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, (11) and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ
is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."

1 Timothy 2:4-6 is all inclusive. We are told to pray for ALL mankind (1 Tim.2:1), not just believers, because God will have all mankind to be saved BECAUSE Christ gave Himself a ransom for all mankind. Yep, all inclusive.

"No one can say Jesus Christ is Lord except by Holy Spirit."

Quit twisting the words of Paul.

Joh 6:40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who is beholding the Son and believing in Him may have life eonian, and I shall be raising him in the last day."

(WNT) For this is my Father's will, that every one who fixes his gaze on the Son of God and believes in Him should have the Life of the Ages, and I will raise him to life on the last day."

(YLT) and this is the will of Him who sent me, that every one who is beholding the Son, and is believing in him, may have life age-during, and I will raise him up in the last day.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,547 posts, read 6,995,657 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
[/indent]ignorant and unstable people distort by default John 6:40into
that everyone will look to the Son and believe in him
Like Paul, who said that every knee will bow? Philippians 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top