Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,305,823 times

Advertisements

If anyone tries to obtain eternal life except through Jesus, He himself said that man is a thief and a robber. In Rev ch.3 Jesus says He is knocking on the door, and that He welcomes those who open that door. If we refuse to open the door we will be eternally lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,886,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew39abc View Post
Job was before Christ. Yes Jesus died for everyone so to speak
The world as we know it is saved, but they don't want to live for Christ.
If the whole world was saved what would be the point of Ezekiel [ 3 vs 18-21 ] to warn both the righteous and wicked ?
Warn the righteous to stay on course, and warn the wicked to repent [ Psalm 92 v 7; 2nd Peter 3 v 9 ]

True, Jesus died for all [ 1st John 1 v 7 ] but all will not accept him. That is why Matthew [ 20 v 28 ] could write that Jesus ransom covers MANY and does not say: all.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM

109 posts, read 358,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If the whole world was saved what would be the point of Ezekiel [ 3 vs 18-21 ] to warn both the righteous and wicked ?
Warn the righteous to stay on course, and warn the wicked to repent [ Psalm 92 v 7; 2nd Peter 3 v 9 ]

True, Jesus died for all [ 1st John 1 v 7 ] but all will not accept him. That is why Matthew [ 20 v 28 ] could write that Jesus ransom covers MANY and does not say: all.
Jesus reconciled the whole world onto himself, the bible says; the Pope is saved so to speak foreknown in Christ but he has to live for Christ according to the bible. Christ reconciled the sins of the whole world. While the Pope or whoever is still alive they have a chance to be saved. This is what I meant that the Pope is saved, they have a chance as I did as Christ reconciled the whole world of sin. However, man don't want to live for Christ, every man is predestined in Christ when they turn to him.

Ephesians 1:[4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love
[5] Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6] To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

I was foreknown and then predestined in Christ even when I was a sinner, my problem was I never lived for Christ until one day he called me into his grace in his word.

Ephesians 1:[11] In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Romans 8:[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

When the Pope or Castro etc. is foreknown and predestined when they live for Christ and get rid of Mary and false teaching. Yes, Castro has a chance to live for Christ when he gives up Mary.

When you warn the righteous person and they turn away from their sin from their church ways and follow the bible ways they are forekknown and predestined in Christ. But when they refuse they don't live for him then they are nothing but ready to be burned.

Last edited by Andrew39abc; 04-18-2013 at 06:16 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM

Here is another shocker we where out there in Christ before the word of God was written the Gospel of Christ before Jesus walked the face of the earth before the world was made.

Proverbs 8:22] The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
[23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
[25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
[26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
[27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
[28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
[29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
[30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
[31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,337,654 times
Quote:
Here is another shocker we where out there in Christ before the word of God was written the Gospel of Christ before Jesus walked the face of the earth before the world was made.

Proverbs 8:22] The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
[26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
[27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
[28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
[29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
[30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
[31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Is this passage referring to us, or to the Word?

Peace,
brian

Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Is this passage referring to us, or to the Word?

Peace,
brian
Obviously it means us read who it is talking about.

Proverbs 8:Proverbs 8:22] The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

The word I not meaning Solomon but everybody else, it coresponds to. What Paul says in Ephesians 1.

Ephesians 1:4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
He

Before the earth was formed before time existed we where foreknown in Christ. Job, Lot, Abraham was before Christ before the cross they saw the promise but never had it like we do.

Hebrew 13:39] And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
[40] God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,856,411 times
Quote:
Jesus reconciled the whole world onto himself, the bible says; the Pope is saved so to speak foreknown in Christ but he has to live for Christ according to the bible. Christ reconciled the sins of the whole world. While the Pope or whoever is still alive they have a chance to be saved. This is what I meant that the Pope is saved, they have a chance as I did as Christ reconciled the whole world of sin. However, man don't want to live for Christ, every man is predestined in Christ when they turn to him.

Ephesians 1:[4] According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love
[5] Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
[6] To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

I was foreknown and then predestined in Christ even when I was a sinner, my problem was I never lived for Christ until one day he called me into his grace in his word.

Ephesians 1:[11] In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
[12] That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Romans 8:[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

When the Pope or Castro etc. is foreknown and predestined when they live for Christ and get rid of Mary and false teaching. Yes, Castro has a chance to live for Christ when he gives up Mary.

When you warn the righteous person and they turn away from their sin from their church ways and follow the bible ways they are forekknown and predestined in Christ. But when they refuse they don't live for him then they are nothing but ready to be burned.

Man cannot be predestined after he turns to Yeshua...what does predestinated mean?...

Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Man cannot be predestined after he turns to Yeshua...what does predestinated mean?...

That is your opinion and Rev Dr. Elymas Sorcery PHD and Rev. Serpents bible college opinion; but I stick with the bible opinion not the Greek and Hebrew. Rev.Serpent Billy Graham will endorse you but not me or the Gospel of Christ the King James bible.

Last edited by Andrew39abc; 04-19-2013 at 12:58 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM

58 posts, read 57,278 times
Quote:
Jesus when he walked the face of the earth was perfect yes, but he was an example as we too can be like him.

Romans 6:4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Philippians 2:5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Amen we too can be like Jesus. John the Baptist was blessed to announce the greatter then Solomonn Greater one then anybody else Jesus.

Luke 10:31] The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
[32] The men of Nineve shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

However the Jesus that people believe in in Church or on TV is no longer around we need to get the bible word Jesus.

2nd Cor 5:16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Jesus became sin for us.

2nd Cor 5:21] For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

People always say Jesus never was a sinner but he became worse then sin; he was made sin.

Isaiah 53:10] Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Jesus died so I can be perfect as my Father which is in heaven is perfect

Hebrews 13:20] Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
[21] Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Amen when is God and Father of Jesus Christ going to make you perfect in Christ?

People tell me that Jesus is God the Father incarnated. Again Hollywood gospel by funny preacher bible school theology; not bible.

John 1:14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The word was made flesh not God his word. The bible was a human being one time.

John 1:1] That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
[2] (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

John handled the word of life, John touched Jesus, ate and drank with him, I didn't but I have that same word that was manifest. God and Father of Jesus never left his throne it was his word. John never touched the Father he touched the Son the word.

2nd cor 1:19] For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
[20] For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Jesus never said he was the Father or God that is the teaching of screwed up bible colleges and preachers and gospel peverters who are blind. If Jesus was God then who is sitting on the right hand power of God? The Son.

Acts 7:55] But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
[56] And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Stephen saw Jesus on the right hand power of God. I am not talking about another god here I am talking about the Son of God.

1st cor 15:4] Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

So how can God give himself back his own power? Jesus 100% is the Son of God. Them preachers will tell you a lie from the pit of hell that he is God incarnated but no scripture exists like that.

John 5:[19] Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
[20] For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
[21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
[23] That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

When you don't honour the Son the bible the word you don't honour the Father, and people are taking a back door gospel from the pit of hell to give direct access to God the Father without going through the Son.

John 10:1] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

The point I am making here is that before Christ there where perfect people and after Christ.
You are contradicting scripture! There is none righteous NO NOT EVEN ONE!

What did Jesus say? Why callest me good? There is none good except the Father! Luke 18:19

So. Now that we have ALL the facts. Lets see where you made your mistakes.

Noah was Perfect in all his generations ( Noahs' DNA wasn't infected by the Nephilim). This was the ONLY reason God had to destroy everything!
Do your homework and find out who the Nephilim were; and their offspring - the Rephilim.

The book of Enoch - is not included in the bible, BUT 11 times that book is quoted in the bible. If you take the time to read that book- THEN you will find out detailed information about the Nephilim.

Then it is obvious why Noah's family was chosen.

You have taken so many verses out of context and lumped them all into this (doctrine) that contradicts Jesus and the rest of the bible. Lot was considered a righteous man (Peter) Yet lot was the biggest pig in the bible. Peter was the biggest FAILURE in the New Testament. EVERY-TIME he opened his mouth - he inserted his foot!

There is none that doeth good. NO not even one!
How many times must the bible say that before you believe it ???

Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM

281 posts, read 303,903 times
Quote:
Yep the gospel is the power of God unto salvation.

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

66 books King James bible is the Gospel of Christ. Gospel of Christ is made of words. Not vain funny Greek or Hebrew philosophy from Rev Robber bible college.
While the Gospel is indeed 'the power of God unto Salvation', the Gospel message is "that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures." (1 Cor. 15:3b-4)

As to the OP, yes, those men you cited were 'perfect', in that they were mature in faith. But the were not 'perfect' as in 'without sin' which is only applicable to Jesus.
Hebrews 4:15 - For we have not an highe priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but wa in all points tempted like as [i]we are, yet[i] without sin.

1 Corinthians 5:21 - For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Heb 7:26–28 26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore

1 Peter 2:21–22 - 21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
So when we talk about Jesus being 'perfect' we are not talking about spiritual maturity but actually blameless, without spot or blemish: perfect perfection. Adam and Eve were created thus, but due to their sin the fell from that kind of perfection.

You do realize that the AV1611 was a politically motivated revision of the two bibles that were authorized for use in the Church of England, don't you? It was not even translated from the Hebrew or Greek texts, but revised from other English translations, some of which were translated from the Latin rather than the original languages because their translators didn't know Hebrew or Greek. Instead of the AV1611 (the most widely used revision being 1769) being inspired it is a revision of a translation that was commissioned and 'authorized' by a man rather than by God. - But I digress and go off topic.

Blessings in Christ,

Matthew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity