Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Are you insinuating that the children of Israel did not rebel against God's perfect laws?
Nope, I did not say that. I have no clue where you got that.

Quote:
Why do you suppose the Jews missed knowing the Messiah Christ when he appeared? They searched the scriptures more than anyone and did not recognize him.
Some believed Him, and some rejected Him, just like today. I am not showing the Bible down your throat. You are free to not read it.

Quote:
You are, simply put, Finn, a very obstinate man who would rather win an argument than know the truth. It would be too hard for you to ever admit that you misunderstood the scriptures because of your continual insulting of the spirit of grace.
Why do you, find it necessary to judge other posters? Are you angry because I am not accepting your view? I am 100%+++++ sure you are wrong, that you are the deceived one, but I don't find it necessary to judge you.

Quote:
You prove that you insult the spirit of grace by the way you talk to people who worship God in spirit and truth. I doubt that will change for you on this side of the grave.
I think you need to take a hard look in the mirror and ask why YOU talk to me like this. Seriously.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-27-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is there anything in the post of mine you are quoting that you disagree with ?.

False claims about being posters being kind ?. I have told you numerous times like many others have that I believe the scriptures, I have also told you numerous times that I am not a universalist. The amount of people of posters that have asked you in particular to stop misrepresenting their belief, speaks for itself.
You ALL have proven one thing. Each of you claim to be led by the Spirit in interpreting the Scripture, yet you have many differing interpretations. I believe ALL of you are interpreting the Scripture the way that makes you comfortable because there is NO Spirit to interpret for you. This Spirit is called your "mind". Now, instead of seeing these books as some sort of supernatural revelation, why not see it them for what they are, books written by superstitious, ignorant theists who had no answers except to claim that God did it? Realize that many of the events in these books could not have happened, were copied from other religions and/or civilizations and there is no evidence for them.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM

698 posts, read 647,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not believing that our ancestors were ignorant and superstitious is WHY you think God brings Evil into anyone's lives. As far as they were concerned in their savage mentality . . . God brought everything into their lives. That is why they tried to appease God with blood sacrifices
to try to eliminate the bad things! Christ tried to correct their misunderstanding of God and in their savagery and brutality they scourged and crucified Him for it.
Our ancestors in those times obviously held many superstitions of the world around them, and that included the biblical writers. All I'm going to say is that if one accepts what many called the “Bible†as the ultimate source of authority and God's revelation, then they are only left with the sober conclusion- that "God" is ultimately the cause of “evilâ€. Again there are ample examples in the “Bible†of “evil†coming from him.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is there anything in the post of mine you are quoting that you disagree with ?
I disagree with your disrespectful and continued remarks about Christians "reading the Bible like a newspaper" when they have specifically told you that they read the Bible while allowing the Spirit to guide them. Why do you find it necessary to continue to claim otherwise ?

Quote:
The amount of people of posters that have asked you in particular to stop misrepresenting their belief, speaks for itself
I have asked you, and other URs, and yet you all continue to do misrepresent the Christian views.

I asked you the question about Sodom, and once again you refused to answer. If you refuse to clarify your points, and answer questions, people will have to base their opinion about views based on other comments you make.

The strawman arguments you pepper the forum with are all misrepresentations of other people's views. For example, I never said Jesus taught that Bible is the Spirit, or God, but you keep talking as if I have made such arguments.
Quote:
I have also told you numerous times that I am not a universalist
So, you do NOT believe all men will be saved? You you have such beliefs, then you are a universalist whether you like the term or not.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-27-2013 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids in america_ View Post
Our ancestors in those times obviously held many superstitions of the world around them, and that included the biblical writers. All I'm going to say is that if one accepts what many called the “Bible†as the ultimate source of authority and God's revelation, then they are only left with the sober conclusion- that "God" is ultimately the cause of “evilâ€. Again there are ample examples in the “Bible†of “evil†coming from him.
Do you have some examples of Bible verses which were influenced by those superstitions?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You ALL have proven one thing. Each of you claim to be led by the Spirit in interpreting the Scripture, yet you have many differing interpretations. I believe ALL of you are interpreting the Scripture the way that makes you comfortable because there is NO Spirit to interpret for you. This Spirit is called your "mind". Now, instead of seeing these books as some sort of supernatural revelation, why not see it them for what they are, books written by superstitious, ignorant theists who had no answers except to claim that God did it? Realize that many of the events in these books could not have happened, were copied from other religions and/or civilizations and there is no evidence for them.
No I have not made that claim, I have simply stated what I believe to be true. I'm actually posting at this time ........................to expose the contradictory beliefs of the 100% bible believer, and to those who are 100% bible believers(which I formerly was),who are feeling the burden of being one ( and there is plenty),the fears(unfounded) they have from walking away from being a 100% bible believer does not mean they have to shipwreck their faith, but just redirect it into Christ alone, and the scriptures which they felt where burdensome will become light.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I disagree with your disrespectful and continued remarks about Christians "reading the Bible like a newspaper" when they have specifically told you that they read the Bible while allowing the Spirit to guide them. Why do you find it necessary to continue to claim otherwise ?

I have asked you, and other URs, and yet you all continue to do misrepresent the Christian views.

I asked you the question about Sodom, and once again you refused to answer. If you refuse to clarify your points, and answer questions, people will have to base their opinion about views based on other comments you make.

The strawman arguments you pepper the forum with are all misrepresentations of other people's views. For example, I never said Jesus taught that Bible is the Spirit, or God, but you keep talking as if I have made such arguments.
So, you do NOT believe all men will be saved? You you have such beliefs, then you are a universalist whether you like the term or not.
Know I have not once said Christians read the bible like a newspaper(your misrepresentation of others posts needs addressing). I have said you cannot read the scriptures like a newspaper. Yet it is obvious that you do because you believe the God of the Old Testament that said love your neighbor as yourself, love your enemies, the God that leads by example literally, literally went against all that he is and taught, and went around destroying those neighbors and enemies of ours that he told us to love.

Do you believe anything the Pentecostals, baptists, Methodists or any of the thousands of different denominations believe ?. If you do, does that make you one of them ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-27-2013 at 06:17 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 06:23 PM

The God who put the sword in David's hand is the same God who puts the sword in the hands of the police and the military today. Loving your neighbor and carrying the 'sword' are not mutually exclusive, and God supports both. It is naivie to think that because God helped Israel in their wars, that it would somehow contradict what He said about loving your neighbor. Some posters here think they have God all figured out and mock those who think differently, but all they have managed to prove is their limited understanding of the nature of God.

"For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-27-2013 at 07:31 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
The God who put the sword in David's hand is the same God who puts the sword in the hands of the police and the military today. Loving your neighbor and carrying the 'sword' are not mutually exclusive, and God supports both. It is naivie to think that because God helped Israel in their wars, that it would somehow contradict what He said about loving your neighbor. Some posters here think they have God all figured out and mock those who think differently, but all they have managed to prove is their limited understanding of the nature of God.

"For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."
If only you understood that God is at war against all the stands between us an him to bring about reconciliaton.then you would read the Old Testament scripture in a whole new light. Mr Finn Jarber you are sodom and Gomorrah and you are all the other actors playing out the drama of scripture

Old 04-27-2013, 11:05 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What kind of question is that? It is written the way it is written . . . there is nothing to agree or disagree with about that.That is a written description interpreted by the prevailing belief that ALL things that happened were from the Lord (or God). Whether or not it describes an actual event is a separate issue from their belief that it was God who was responsible for it as punishment. The latter is just prevailing savage ignorance . . . the former is moot. We know it is just savage ignorance because Jesus Christ revealed a God who would never punish in that way. In fact, He even rebuked His disciples for asking Him to do it as well.
Quote:
Yes, or no please.
You were shown that your question makes no sense. Moderator cut: delete
Quote:
That sounds like a "NO".
Only to someone who refuses to actually read what is posted.
Quote:
I was right. Thanks for proving my point.
Moderator cut: orphaned.
It is impossible to prove your point since you haven't made one. The entire OT was written by ignorant savages who believed EVERYTHING was done by God. To use their reports of what God did or did not do is useless. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-29-2013 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: personal opinion about poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity