Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has a difficult problem been managed through you , after thinking or meditating on the words of Jes
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Maybe 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,045,767 times

Advertisements

But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.'"

Do we have enough about us to see beyond someone's denial of Christ, to tell them they will see him, just like he told them ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 10:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,160,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause dissensions and obstacles contrary to the doctrine you have learned. Avoid them, 18 for such people do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites. They deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting with smooth talk and flattering words.

This tells me that those on this board and elsewhere who teach contrary to the doctrine I have learned are not of Jesus Christ.
Jesus wept, so do I.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,816,815 times
Default my favorite

I guess my favorite is still Galatians 5:22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

But I'm recently really drawn to Titus 2:14, speaking of Jesus "who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,757,782 times
Default That's a great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Hey blue, I just saw your title under this post. I've always been fairly familiar with the Bible and I started reading it seriously when I was 12 because I was scared of what I read in revelations and took it all literally. Yes, fear was my first introduction to serious Biblical reading. And I prayed that night, gave myself to God, and asked Him to guide me on the right path.

WELL, that was the beginning of quite the journey for me because after that I lost interest in my daily life and began to wonder who I really was. In reading (started with Genesis), I remember my mom telling me about Solomon and wisdom and I remember her telling me that when in the womb she had prayed and asked God to grant her child wisdom and that was the beginning of my interest in him. The passage that drew me in was, "The words of the Teacher,[a] son of David, king in Jerusalem:

2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!â€
says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless.â€
3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever."- Ecclesiastes 1: 6
The Bible is instruction to those who have ears.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:55 AM

Default That's a good post

Quote:
Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause dissensions and obstacles contrary to the doctrine you have learned. Avoid them, 18 for such people do not serve our Lord Christ but their own appetites. They deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting with smooth talk and flattering words.

This tells me that those on this board and elsewhere who teach contrary to the doctrine I have learned are not of Jesus Christ.
...do you think this is consistant with LOVE YOUR'RE NEIGHBOR or does it contradict?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 AM

Default Yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I guess my favorite is still Galatians 5:22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

But I'm recently really drawn to Titus 2:14, speaking of Jesus "who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."
I sing that one

Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM

367 posts, read 367,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
...do you think this is consistant with LOVE YOUR'RE NEIGHBOR or does it contradict?
Well first of all it shows me that God loves me enough to have spelled out what to watch for from the enemy (satan) and to avoid. Second one who see's the tree falling and does not warn the man under it, hate's him. I love everyone enough to share what God has given us in love. So it is loving my neighbor of course!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,991,174 times
Quote:
Well first of all it shows me that God loves me enough to have spelled out what to watch for from the enemy (satan) and to avoid.
I hope you realize it also applies to the non-fundamentalists as well.

Think about that for a moment. It shows you one thing. It will show a non-fundamentalist that they are on the right track in disregarding the dissension caused by the..... wait for it... fundamentalists.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-22-2013 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM

87,989 posts, read 83,805,998 times
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)

Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM

367 posts, read 367,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I hope you realize it also applies to the non-fundamentalists as well.

Think about that for a moment. It shows you one thing. It will show a non-fundamentalist that they are on the right track in disregarding the dissension caused by the..... wait for it... fundamentalists.
Are you a fundamentalist? What's the point? We are discussing God's word here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity