Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
Spam I not a christian because of fear and you still did not give me a clear answer yes or No will there be people cast into the lake of fire?
Ham,i have given you an answer..look at post 48 and 51
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 08:50 PM

364 posts, read 765,879 times
Plus scripture says anyone who does not beleive in jesus stand already condemn.

stand condmen to me means like your already good as being spiritaul dead which means separate from God.

if people are to reject Jesus but just to go to the lake of fire to get pure do they stand condmen in the first place?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Here is the info I have on "will" in the 1 Tim. passage

1 Timothy 2:4
"1. I exhort, then, first of all, there be made supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, for all men:2. for kings, and all who are in authority, that a quiet and peaceable life we may lead in all piety and gravity,3. for this [is] right and acceptable before God our Saviour,4. who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;"

*will=thelo translation to will, wish, desire =to will, indicates not only willing something but pressing on to action, to will as equivalent to purpose, indicating volition, purpose, frequently a determination and most usually rendered to "will"

W.E. Vines and Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bibles-

God bless.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Ham,i have given you an answer..look at post 48 and 51

do you believe murders liars serial killers etc..... go to the lake of fire to be torment to burn their sins off and then come into the heaven?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Quote:
so we will lose our memory?
Maybe, because our memory is full of saddness, conflict, hate, fear, tears and sin..Those thoughts cannot inhabit a perfect place such as heaven..

Maybe we will only have good memories returned with our spiritual bodies..

Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Here is the info I have on "will" in the 1 Tim. passage

1 Timothy 2:4
"1. I exhort, then, first of all, there be made supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, for all men:2. for kings, and all who are in authority, that a quiet and peaceable life we may lead in all piety and gravity,3. for this [is] right and acceptable before God our Saviour,4. who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;"

*will=thelo translation to will, wish, desire =to will, indicates not only willing something but pressing on to action, to will as equivalent to purpose, indicating volition, purpose, frequently a determination and most usually rendered to "will"

W.E. Vines and Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bibles-

God bless.

how does God prwach it enter action? by anyone accpeting Jesus.

he wants All to accpet him that his desire but some will not.

ohn 3:16-18 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[b]

you see it clear he desire to save the world but he made it clear also his action his desire are base on accepting jesus!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
do you believe murders liars serial killers etc..... go to the lake of fire to be torment to burn their sins off and then come into the heaven?
Ham, you`re thinking to literally. Do you believe there will be a literal beast that comes up out of the sea with seven heads,ten horns, and ten crowns?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Ham, you`re thinking to literally. Do you believe there will be a literal beast that comes up out of the sea with seven heads,ten horns, and ten crowns?

spam I got that from that link.

that guy believe one go to the lake of fire to be tormented to earn their sins off.

and No I do not see a literal beast with seven heads etc...

Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
John 3:16-18 Young's Literal

"14. `And as Moses did lift up the serpent in the wilderness, so it behoveth the Son of Man to be lifted up,15. that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during,16. for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.17. For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him;18. he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Concordant Literal
John 3:16-18
16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian.
17 For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him.
18 He who is believing in Him is not being judged; yet he who is not believing has been judged already, for he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

Back tomorrow Lord willing to share info on words translated as condemn in some translations, Lord willing. God bless.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
spam I got that from that link.

that guy believe one go to the lake of fire to be tormented to earn their sins off.

and No I do not see a literal beast with seven heads etc...
Why not..that`s what the bible says!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity