U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 PM

364 posts, read 704,062 times

Advertisements

one more question it makes me laugh everytime you call me ham lol. why you call me that not that i do not liek it but find it funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 07:37 AM

21,641 posts, read 30,256,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I figured you were getting this stuff from man somewhere.
No I believe it is what the Bible teaches.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:55 AM

13,572 posts, read 21,722,776 times
Quote:
Thanks ham,
God bless..I`ll talk to you tomorrow have a great night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
one more question it makes me laugh everytime you call me ham lol. why you call me that not that i do not liek it but find it
funny
Why don't you just call spm "spam" BTW, I love reading you guys posts to each other, the questions are sincere and the answers are understandable and the respect for each q and a is amazing..

Old 01-11-2008, 11:08 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,264,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Why don't you just call spm "spam" BTW, I love reading you guys posts to each other, the questions are sincere and the answers are understandable and the respect for each q and a is amazing..
My same thoughts!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:40 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,878,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
one more question it makes me laugh everytime you call me ham lol. why you call me that not that i do not liek it but find it funny
You were calling me spam so I thought you wanted to be called ham

Old 01-11-2008, 11:59 PM

364 posts, read 704,062 times
Quote:
You were calling me spam so I thought you wanted to be called ham

oh lol i did not see you got no a in t he name lol but spam is a good nick name :P

I be The ham and you be the Spam

green spams and hams

Old 01-12-2008, 10:45 AM

479 posts, read 1,035,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What age will we be ? Will we have a family like we do on Earth ? Will our age be relevant to others? Will age really matter? Will we have a need to procreate? What scripture(s) of the Bible give us insight into what Heaven will be like,that is outside of the Book of Revelations ?

Well the Word states the following

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not appear what we shalt be, but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Now I'm not sure how to interpret this in entirety. The Word does go on to state that there will be those who are greater in heaven and those who are least in heaven. My thought process would be, that the verse above means that we will be in perfect oneness of mind body and soul with him, without having any reminence of sin within us. So I don't think this means we will be "gods" ourselves, but it does mean that we will be like him in spiritual character, as oppossed to being characterized by the sinful nature.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:46 AM

26,524 posts, read 62,986,490 times
Well our eyes will be rotting in a grave here on earth somewhere so whatever we look like we will not be able to see each other anyway will we?

Perhaps we will look like what we look like on the inside.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:26 PM

265 posts, read 561,881 times
those in heaven, or going to heaven, or coming back with Jesus from heaven lay this way in the bible concerning a life of resurrection/heaven;

Jesus is responding to a question pretty much just like yours. here is what Jesus said;

matt.22:25-29

25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

o'tay enough for now........

Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM

55,667 posts, read 74,637,859 times
RE what will we look like? speculation
looks will be far less important than now.
your state of being will become paramount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity