U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 01:08 AM

56 posts, read 87,341 times

Advertisements

We will have our spiritual bodies and probably look really awesome and God-like.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,517 times
heaven is how you pictured; only your self know , use your imagination, becuase when your time comes, you will know it is exist or not, too bad when people go they can't come back and tell us. believe anything you want to believed no limits as long you do it healthy.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,491 times
I am a fourteen year old boy(turning fifteen in september). My username is One_looking_for_answers for a reason. All throughout my life i have always worried about death. My main worry is, what happens when we die? do we go to heaven or de we just lay in a hole and we have no idea or sense of whats happening. And when i think of that i get worried. Like last night was the first night that i have actualy cried about it. Like i want to beleive in god and heaven and ill force myself to beleive in them but then after like a day or so the hopes and beleifs go away and i get depressed again. Now my parents are divorced. My dads jewish, my step mom comes from a christian family, my mom also comes from a christian family and when she was a young girl she went to church, and my step dad is an athiest.

So as you can see im stuck in a little problem. ill talk to my mom about heaven and she'll try and calm me down but then my step dad(who si very smart with science) will come and he'll say a whole bunch of stuff that will shoot all of my hopes of heaven being real out of the sky.

My main worry about heaven is, when we go there if it's real, what do we look like? Do we look as though we did when we died? or do we look like somthing else? now, i have never read the bible and i dont have time to. because between school, football, friends, and other stuff im just to busy. so i would not know that if in the bible it says that we will look like somthing else. Also what age will we be? will be the age of the age we were or when we died? or will we have a rebirth?

someone please either private message me or email me at my email. [mod] not a good idea to include this...[/mod]

and please please please! give me some answers to my questions so i can sleep at night

Last edited by june 7th; 07-07-2008 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-07-2008, 01:07 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,168,705 times
There is a God and there is a Heaven! When we go there, everything will be perfect and so there is no need to worry about it now. My best advice would be to talk with a priest or clergyman. They will help you sort things out and ease your mind. God bless you. Don't listen to your father regarding religious matters. He is probably the reason you are so confused anyway.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:53 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,277,848 times
I think Heaven will be wonderful. I think we will have "heavenly bodies" that will have no pain or any tears. The Bible says the Lion will lay down with the Lamb so I figure some of God's creatures will be there also. I think since there will be no male or female that we will know people by their souls/spirits. If God has created it you know it has to be perfect, creative, beautiful and we will be in a state of wonder and joy. We will have no more sinful natures to draw us the wrong direction. Sure sounds good to me!!!
And "One looking for answers" Just because some one is an adult doesn't mean they know the answers. See if the have Young Life at your school or find some one to go to church with. That was a good suggestion to go and talk to a minister. The questions you have are the same as all of us here on earth. We each have a journey to make to decide what we believe in life. But you have to get the facts and find information to make that decision. If you are seeking then God will help you find the answers.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM

10 posts, read 15,385 times
What age will we be in heaven? Well some people who have studied say that we will be the age of 33 yrs. Because its the age of in-between young and old

Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,478,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What age will we be ? Will we have a family like we do on Earth ? Will our age be relevant to others? Will age really matter? Will we have a need to procreate? What scripture(s) of the Bible give us insight into what Heaven will be like,that is outside of the Book of Revelations ?
Actually we will only be in heaven for the judgement of our lives while we are standing in front of God.

From my understanding the old heaven and the old earth will pass away and a new heaven and a new earth will be.

Look at Revelation 21:19-20

John is describing what he saw as the Lord showed him what is to come.

John says that he saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and first earth had passed away. Then he says that he saw a new Jerusalem come down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Then he goes to say that he heard a loud voice from heaven saying " Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God.

So, as you see this verse is not saying that we will be in heaven, the verse is saying that a holy city, New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven. The new heaven and the new earth. So, by this verse it sounds like we will be living in the new earth with God.

So, we don't know what the new transformed body looks like because the bible does not say exactly what that will be, but says that Jesus “will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body." What ever that looks like that is what we will be tranformed into.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:27 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,793,277 times
in these vision, the disciples saw Moses and Eliah, if they recognized them, I think in the world to come we still have similarity to what we have looked like here, I doubt that there are still genders, man and woman, but I believe the people will look similarly as we have known them and that we will recognize them in the world to come, I think all people will have the same age in the world to come.

We may have spiritual bodies but I think our individuality will remain, maybe perfected, just like a guy who was really fat and then lost his pounds to a normal weight.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,040,819 times
When believers pass on Holy Spirit already have their spirit so holy spirit takes these people to heaven to be processed. Jesus usually have these people spirit judged already, so people stand before Jesus and hear the judgement, then these people spirits move to a place where The Lord prepared for them these people spirit will go though about 70 years of purification where spirit will be cleansed to be one with the Lord. They will not be allowed to be in the part of Heaven where the Lord is until purification is complete These people will be sex-less spirit with the spouse of all and all of one in Heaven. They will be of the age of appearance at 30 years. See Jesus went to Heaven at 33 years and no one there will appear his elder. These spirit of people will worship the Lord and be his Children will beyond the end of time itself. These ideas come from people who went to heaven by the Lord request and came back with this witness. One of these people are Pastor Jesse Duplantis

Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,034 times
We"ll probably be the age when we had the happiest time in our lives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity