Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:51 PM

249 posts, read 312,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes, always seeking to learn more about Him, but for what I have learned (and the Spirit is one of those things), I ask these questions to determine where your at and what questions I might pose to help you. But in helping you, it helps me as well. So I don't mean to come across as if unknowning but rather it is a manner of understanding where your at. Here is one of my favorite verses because I really got thinking about Spirit from it and how spirit is derived from pneuma or "air":

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

So there Jesus says even His Words are Spirit = so His Words = Spirit. I had to think long and hard how that could be and when I figured it out, I figured out what Spirit really was.

Spirit is that piece of you that makes you = you. It is your BEING. So when Jesus speaks words (which is really air that carrys meaning), then His Words are Spirit because He is giving us the BEING of the FATHER HIMSELF by the meaning those Words carry. So by FAITH (believeing in those WORDS) we put on or transform into Believing also in that same meaning. By doing so we put on the Spirit of God the Father in Heaven. See Spirit is not a third person of a Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the very Spirit that is from the Father and Of the Father - it is the same Spirit that Jesus Christ our Lord has and all those called into Christ as members of His body.
Thx for sharing that. That's one of my favorite verses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 06:20 PM

12 posts, read 9,657 times
Biblical repentance
2 Corinthians 7:10-11
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. 11 For observe this very thing that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear(pure) in this matter.
The way to the cross, is godly sorrow, not the sorrow of the world. Godly sorrow produces repentance (stopping the sin) leading to what? Salvation! Never going back to the sins of death, 1 Corinthians 6-9-11.
The sorrow of the world, leads to death, since the sin never stops, so then godly sorrow will produce: diligence in you,(the virtue of hard work rather than the sin of carelessness,) clearing of all wrong doing, what indignation(strongdispleasureatsomething considered unjust, offensive, insulting,or base; righteousanger.)Followed by fear of God and His wrath, a vehement desire(Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid) a zeal and passion to do right and make amends if possible, what vindication(a means of exoneration from an accusation) you proved yourself to be clear(pure)of all known sin and disobedience before God.
This happens before forgiveness will be granted, because we have free will and ability, to repent, stop the sin, and obey God from a pure and undefiled heart, thus becoming savable, and broken, ready to receive the implanted word with a clean conscience, purified through repentance and faith proven by deeds!
Tommy

Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post

To teach that a born of the Spirit believer can lose their salvation is false teaching and a doctrine of demons.
Then how do you explain the words in Heb? 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth [which only comes with the Holy Spirit] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin

Old 06-12-2013, 09:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth [which only comes with the Holy Spirit] there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin
Buckle your seatbelt, they've got a doozy. Flight of fancy with a full loop the loop!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 PM

794 posts, read 846,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post

This verse is not referring to believers. It is referring to the Hebrews who know about Jesus yet they go back and offer animal sacrifices for their sins. If you know about Jesus and reject Him by offering another sacrifice for your sins, then you are sinning willfully. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Keep the book in its context. Jesus Himself said every sin and blaspheme will be forgiven us. No verse in the bible can contradict what Jesus said.

Joseph Prince - Can You Lose Your Salvation? Part 2

Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM

^see?

Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
^see?
You can insult me all you want but it doesn't change the truth that believers are seeking. The only way to make holiness manifest in the life of a believer is by grace through faith. Don't forget, Jesus said there is not one good person on Earth. So you can't make yourself good nor manifest any good in your life on your own. It all comes from believing that God loves you and has forgiven you of all your sins by the blood of Jesus.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
You can insult me all you want but it doesn't change the truth that believers are seeking.
You can think of it as insult if you wish, but I am trying to give you a wake up call as to just how clearly and completely your new hero has wrenched scripture to suit his fanciful doctrine. "Believers are seeking" truth? Demonstrate it. Some believers are seeking lies to vindicate their pre-conceptions.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You can think of it as insult if you wish, but I am trying to give you a wake up call as to just how clearly and completely your new hero has wrenched scripture to suit his fanciful doctrine. "Believers are seeking" truth? Demonstrate it. Some believers are seeking lies to vindicate their pre-conceptions.
You won't even listen to him so how can you judge him? He isn't my hero. He preaches the word like most churches don't. He keeps pride and religion out of it and keeps grace and context in it. You're not trying to give me a wake up call you are deliberately attacking me to defend your prideful and religious approach to God. There are people struggling who need to know the truth and you are not helping bring that truth to them at all. You're not resting in the finished work you're working in it and there is no faith or hope in that.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
You won't even listen to him so how can you judge him? He isn't my hero. He preaches the word like most churches don't. He keeps pride and religion out of it and keeps grace and context in it. You're not trying to give me a wake up call you are deliberately attacking me to defend your prideful and religious approach to God. There are people struggling who need to know the truth and you are not helping bring that truth to them at all. You're not resting in the finished work you're working in it and there is no faith or hope in that.
I have NO doubt of my position (resting in the finished work) and I AM saying that believers will "be eager to do good works," but that it is possible to "fall away" as scripture indicates.

I can judge your new hero by the responses you post, such as the maiming of the clear meaning of Hebrews 10:26
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity