Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Jones View Post
So the written word confuses you? Why?
No at all,men when they were attributing to God, that which was not God,as always been the issue. You can only understand God through the Light of Jesus Christ, for he is the exact representation of who God IS, any other way of trying to understand God and the scriptures will leave you confused.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in youunless, of course, you fail the test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 AM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Some take the cafeteria method - they will take God's love, they will pass on God's justice - they will take Jesus, they will pass on the OT being 100% truth. God's Word is subjected to the filter they apply in their own minds. Therein lies the confusion.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM

58 posts, read 77,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Some take the cafeteria method - they will take God's love, they will pass on God's justice - they will take Jesus, they will pass on the OT being 100% truth. God's Word is subjected to the filter they apply in their own minds. Therein lies the confusion.
Right you are. Those who try to decide with there "intellect" can never know the "mind of Christ". They become their own god's and messiahs while reject the One God and Christ.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 AM

58 posts, read 77,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No at all,men when they were attributing to God, that which was not God,as always been the issue. You can only understand God through the Light of Jesus Christ, for he is the exact representation of who God IS, any other way of trying to understand God and the scriptures will leave you confused.

2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in youunless, of course, you fail the test?
you seem confused!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
What is so confusing about the ten commanments or readig the story lessons from the bible used in times when most people did not read. If one wants to get into conspiracy hidden meanings type thinking perhaps many are over thinking things as often is the case;IMO.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Quote:
Right you are. Those who try to decide with there "intellect" can never know the "mind of Christ". They become their own god's and messiahs while reject the One God and Christ.
Revelation 3:20-22
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't confuse me because I rightly divide it with the helper who is the Holy Spirit. If I were a literalist and one who believed the B-I-B-L-E to be infallible then I would be confused.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
No, it doesn't confuse me because I rightly divide it with the helper who is the Holy Spirit. If I were a literalist and one who believed the B-I-B-L-E to be infallible then I would be confused.
A literal interpretation leads many astray; believing, they have all the answers.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:06 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Revelation 3:20-22
Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A literal interpretation leads many astray; believing, they have all the answers.
I guess since we take things literally - you probably think that we believe there's a literal door somewhere with Jesus behind it, right? Yeah - I can see where that could cause confusion...

Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM

1,196 posts, read 753,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all the congregations of the Lord's people."-1 Corinthians 14:33

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong when you said , “So is God a God of confusion at times he can be, yes”. It’s like saying, what he said was a lie which was ,(1Cor. 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints). He wouldn’t allow himself to confuse anyone ,especially when it come his words. You also said “Now many attribute the bad things that happen to the devil, but the devil can't really do much of anything If God doesn't allow him”. that’s just the point, satan IS allowed to do MANY THINGS. satan believed he can turn people against Jehovah God, many he has. Satan confuses mankind ,One way is by making people believe it’s NOT him, but God, he does this by trickery. This is why Jehovah warns us to guard ourselves , (Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil).

But just because he’s allowed to do the things he’s doing. Doesn’t meant Jehovah God TOLD him to do those things. Example, satan has MANY ministers,(2Cor. 11:13-15). But it’s NOT because Jehovah told him to get some. Also satan doesn’t attack all humans, (Rev. 12:12). because God to him to. He does it because he’s angry ,and can’t take it out on Jehovah God and his son Jesus. Since they’re the cause of him being kicked out of Heaven ,(Rev. 12:7-9). Then there us, mankind, who also causes confusion amongst each other.

I agree with the last paragraph. Jehovah God’s HS gives us the sense to choose between right and wrong. He even sent his son Jesus to teach us this. If we choose to love, it’s because we follow Jesus teachings of this ,(John13:34 and Matt.5:44), from what his Father wanted of him ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). The truth is satan IS more powerful than MANY refuse to believe. true, simply because Jehovah God ALLOWED that power. This is why he’s doing as much as he can, concerning what he CAN do, towards humans. Because he knows his time will soon come. And he’s taking as many of us as he can, because he runs this word ,1John 5:19 ,(nlt ,isv, asv, web, version. peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity