Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,247,451 times

Advertisements

What can I say. And I probably shoudn't share anything.
But, how can I not share what I know of God's love.
God, my Heavenly Omnipresent Father loves me.

He gives me everything. ( Being self-employed, I esp know this!! Ha!)
If I forgot my wallet...as I walk to the counter...there is a $5 bill someone dropped on the gum display.
Am I surprised? No.
When I treat my friends to coffee and go to the store next door...there is the $10 I just spent on the floor, no one around.
Yesterday, I needed lip gloss BAD, they hurt they were so dry! I was walking my dog....5 steps later was an almost new clean lip gloss, I scraped it clean, I didn't care. Was I surprised, no.
Those that know me from other forums know that last year a friend gave me $100,000 to pay off
my mortgage, was I surprised, no.

Why do these things happen to me and so so many more things? Bec I expect them.
Bec I KNOW I am my Father's beloved daughter. And I depend on Him for everything. He told me to.
I think of Him, acknowledge Him, talk to Him, need Him, connect to Him, feel His Divine Presence.
I know He wants my love and I know He wants to show me His.
I thank Him throughout the day...I don't mind much of anything bec with Him I am complete.

Why do I write this stuff...bec maybe someone else can have hope, can be inspired, can open their heart to Him and find the happiness and love they were meant to experience.
It's just natural to want to share this peace and get a hint of the unlimited possibility to experience all they can in this life being open to the Lord's Love.

It's not about "things" given...it's about recognizing His Presence everywhere.
May you all be open to His blessings. Believe and receive, stay guilless like a child.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,725,919 times
How would you respond to someone who seeks blessings, and doesn't get them? What about those who strive to depend to G-d and seek his love, but are left suffering everyday?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,238,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How would you respond to someone who seeks blessings, and doesn't get them? What about those who strive to depend to G-d and seek his love, but are left suffering everyday?
Life is rarely fair; it's not a utopia.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:47 PM

99 posts, read 146,576 times
When you expect good you see good. Power of positive thinking. God answers prayers in his own way, but I have a tough time thinking He gave you $5 to buy gum. God does not answer minor inconviences. You just found money.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,988,344 times
I'm still working on this as my faith isn't very strong these days. My anxiety has been through the roof and though I talk to Him daily, being so anxious makes it harder for me to listen.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,329,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
<snip>I KNOW I am my Father's beloved daughter. And I depend on Him for everything. He told me to.
I think of Him, acknowledge Him, talk to Him, need Him, connect to Him, feel His Divine Presence.
I know He wants my love and I know He wants to show me His.
I thank Him throughout the day...I don't mind much of anything bec with Him I am complete.

Why do I write this stuff...bec maybe someone else can have hope, can be inspired, can open their heart to Him and find the happiness and love they were meant to experience.
It's just natural to want to share this peace and get a hint of the unlimited possibility to experience all they can in this life being open to the Lord's Love.

It's not about "things" given...it's about recognizing His Presence everywhere.
May you all be open to His blessings. Believe and receive, stay guilless like a child.

You made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckbeard89 View Post
When you expect good you see good. Power of positive thinking.
God answers prayers in his own way, but I have a tough time thinking He gave you $5 to buy gum.
God does not answer minor inconviences. You just found money.
My belief system is God gives me absolutely everything...the $5, the $20 at the park when I REALLY
Needed it after a trip!
The air I breathe, the roof over my head, each client that calls me out of 'nowhere'.
We each have our own perspective.
Mine sees gifts everywhere I go...opportunities, fun, magic., the perfect dog, the perfect cat,
the perfect Minivan..it doesn't end!
It does not END!

I say all this to inspire people to know He loves you and is your complete
Provider in every way. Trust Him, ask Him, knock....open to His Presence everywhere...
Or not....

Old 05-02-2013, 06:41 PM

58 posts, read 76,736 times
I must confess I too am blessed every day. My wife and I could not have children so God gave us 2 that needed a home. We bought a new house 3 years ago with only $800 down and today we owe less than $35,000. We watch our money closely and try to manage it well. I wanted something extra a few month's ago but did not have the money for it. Got an extra $1177 put in my account. I called and called again to find out if it was an error and was told it was mine, no mistake. Thank God! I saw you mention a cat. I found a kitten a few years ago in my back yard that was just a few day's old. Eyes still shut. Could not find the mother. Bottle fed her and raised her and today she is like my best friend.

Ain't God Gooooood!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How would you respond to someone who seeks blessings, and doesn't get them?
What about those who strive to depend to G-d and seek his love, but are left suffering everyday?
Hi Fiyero...and Royalite I hope I can address ur anxiety issues somewhere here, also.
If someone is seeking blessings, seeking His love, striving to depend on G-d, but are not experiencing "peace"...
I don't know if the suffering is physical or emotional so I will say "peace"....

First, I would say...when we ask or seek or strive there is something very imp to remember as part of the process.
God does not respond to whining or begging...He responds to faith.
So be sure your cup is empty and waiting to be filled with that which u asked for.
Have no doubt whatsoever...bec when you ask it is given.
If our cup is filled with worry, anxiety, fear, indignation, judging, envy, anger, revenge...
There simply is no room for anything He may want to give to you.
Your cup has to be empty and He must be approached like a child...with a guilless heart.

I would say, try babysteps to increase your faith or trust in your Father. Don't ask to win the lottery...but
Say, "Lord, You told me to give You my burdens, not to worry and to cast my cares...I can't find my car keys and I'm late already for my appt....please , I give You this burden...take care of me and this situation...I give you my tension over this."
Then, relax in your chest and watch what happens. Have complete faith, do not be double minded thinking.."He has the power to do the impossible...but I don't deserve this, He won't help ME."
You will then block His gift or grace or love to you.

Royalite, if u love Jesus, if u really trust him...do as he said like a soldier in battle never questioning your Captain.
He said, (Paul) Be anxious for nothing. You either practice this or you don't.
Which is it....follow your Teacher, Master, Lord...or ignore him, see?

Trust me when I say...follow every instruction of this brilliant Master...you will see if you do everything he said...even one instruction for one week, it has the power to change your life and renew your mind completely.
That is the power his instructions have...I can give you easy to follow steps if you'd like to help you follow his words...oh boy, it will be like a diff world for you as it is for me now....once I actually DID what he told me to do!!

Ha! Imagine that!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Jones View Post
I must confess I too am blessed every day. .....

Ain't God Gooooood!
Oh, this is so good to hear. His blessings are so freely given.
Thank you for sharing, Nathan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity