U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,468,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Travelling Fella, how can the guru understand if he is just a human being? God bless.
well, there are great saints of a huge spiritual stature and wisdom, rare men among us, their special missions are to guide us lost souls back to God.

Paramahansa Yogananda, at least for us his devout disciples is a Premavatar which means an incarnation of Divine love.

Respect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,114,430 times
But if no one is ready to decipher what you feel it is saying, how can they? How do you know that they are telling the truth in what they say? God bless.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
But if no one is ready to decipher what you feel it is saying, how can they? How do you know that they are telling the truth in what they say? God bless.
I follow my heart and soul, and I follow the teaching of my dear guru, only blessings have come to my life since I found him, my relationship with God is beautiful thanks to the wise advice of my guru.

I guess if my heart burns with the divine love of God, and when i tune in with my guru I want nothing else but to love unconditionally and think good and do good I'm on the right path, for he says that God is nothing else but the truth and rightneousness

May the divine love awake and live forever in our hearts!

Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,114,430 times
Thanks for sharing, Travelling fella. I think that I will just follow the teachings of Jesus and trust in God to guide me through His Holy Spirit. Take care and God bless.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, Travelling fella. I think that I will just follow the teachings of Jesus and trust in God to guide me through His Holy Spirit. Take care and God bless.
God bless you too my dear sister! God bless us all, because we are all his children.

Love and Light!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM

25,084 posts, read 14,251,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
well I guess our interpretations of his teachings are different, but we have to agree in something.

God is love, and he who remains in love in God remains and God in him

Love and Light!
May I tell u the truth in love. U do not sound like a person who knows the Jesus of the Bible or HIS teachings. We are not in agreement and therefore cannot walk together on any path. I am a Christian Believer, but I don't think u r. The Bible is the word of God and there is no compromise in that: Jesus is the WAY, the ONLY WAY. U cannot seperate Jesus from the HOLY BIBLE or take HIS teachings out of context and combine them with false doctrines to make some kind of feel good -all inclusive gospel. This is not enlightenment-it is deception...strong delusion. Christianity is simple- either u believe in Jesus the Christ and receive HIM as your LORD and personal SAVIOUR or u don't. If u receive HIM u receive life and u r a Christian believer, but anything else is not Christianity. U cannot claim Christianity yet embrace Buddha. "Jesus is the ONLY WAY, the ONLY TRUTH, and THE ONLY LIGHT: There is no room for interpretational differences on this point. Where u stand is what seperates "Believers" from "non-believers." "No man can serve two masters..." U must make a choice for Jesus. Either Jesus is Lord or HE is not your Lord. There are many paths, but only Jesus is the RIGHT ONE. God loves u too much not to allow u to hear the TRUTH. Respectfully, adamant

Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,180,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
May I tell u the truth in love. U do not sound like a person who knows the Jesus of the Bible or HIS teachings. We are not in agreement and therefore cannot walk together on any path. I am a Christian Believer, but I don't think u r. The Bible is the word of God and there is no compromise in that: Jesus is the WAY, the ONLY WAY. U cannot seperate Jesus from the HOLY BIBLE or take HIS teachings out of context and combine them with false doctrines to make some kind of feel good -all inclusive gospel. This is not enlightenment-it is deception...strong delusion. Christianity is simple- either u believe in Jesus the Christ and receive HIM as your LORD and personal SAVIOUR or u don't. If u receive HIM u receive life and u r a Christian believer, but anything else is not Christianity. U cannot claim Christianity yet embrace Buddha. "Jesus is the ONLY WAY, the ONLY TRUTH, and THE ONLY LIGHT: There is no room for interpretational differences on this point. Where u stand is what seperates "Believers" from "non-believers." "No man can serve two masters..." U must make a choice for Jesus. Either Jesus is Lord or HE is not your Lord. There are many paths, but only Jesus is the RIGHT ONE. God loves u too much not to allow u to hear the TRUTH. Respectfully, adamant
Amen! You have posted two truth-filled wonderful posts on this thread, sun queen. I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
Amen! You have posted two truth-filled wonderful posts on this thread, sun queen. I wholeheartedly agree with what you have said.
With all respect, I believe in Jesus and accept him as my savior, but I respect and I bow to all the other great men of God who gave mankind an example of how to get closer to him, there's nothing wrong with that imho.

if God is love, and Christ is his son and he came to give us an example of how God would act if he was a human being, I doubt that Jesus's father, our father too would be an angry despot that would condemn their children to eternal damnation in hell by the mistakes we've made by our ignorance and human condition (which he created)

It's just how you interpret things, for me the bible speaks of all these things, at least in the way I interpret it (with the help of my guru and paramgurus) but after having a very enlightening dialogue of all this a couple of hours ago I'm too tired right now to have another one

you can review it here though.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...o-hell-17.html

respect!

Peace, Love, Light and Harmomy

Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,180,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
With all respect, I believe in Jesus and accept him as my savior, but I respect and I bow to all the other great men of God who gave mankind an example of how to get closer to him, there's nothing wrong with that imho.

It's just how you interpret things, for me the bible speaks of all these things, at least in the way I interpret it (with the help of my guru and paramgurus) but after having a very enlightening dialogue of all this a couple of hours ago I'm too tired right now to have another one

you can review it here though.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...o-hell-17.html

respect!

Peace, Love, Light and Harmomy
Can you tell me where in the Bible it condones bowing to any man other than Jesus (who was God and man)?

Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
Can you tell me where in the Bible it condones bowing to any man other than Jesus (who was God and man)?
Dear Dojilynn I promise to you that I'm gonna study it thoroughly these days and come up with a reply

If I can't find any I'll accept my mistake and accept you are right.

God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or