Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 03:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, according to Biblical writings, multiple wives are OK. Is there a Bible quote that deals with strippers? How did you find out what God has issues with?
geez.

If this is a serious question, here is my answer...Read the gospels in the New Testament.

Jesus sums it all up pretty nicely for us!

We are no longer to be shackled by the law of the Old Testament, and things that went on in ancient cultures are not the way live today - multiple wives ARE NOT okay.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,008,528 times
Can't rep lovesMountains again, unfortunately.

It is hard for me to believe that the OP is serious. Of course Christians shouldn't hire strippers at a "bachelor" party. How does it promote fidelity in the upcoming marriage? What does it accomplish other than feeding the flesh?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:43 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,082,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Can't rep lovesMountains again, unfortunately.

It is hard for me to believe that the OP is serious. Of course Christians shouldn't hire strippers at a "bachelor" party. How does it promote fidelity in the upcoming marriage? What does it accomplish other than feeding the flesh?
I dont think they should, but some folks I have talked to think it is okay and say I need to lighten up. The reason I asked was to see what other Christians and even unbelivers think about this topic. It surprises me how often I hear someone say they are going to have a stripper at that event and is a Christian that Loves the Lord according to them.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:03 PM

116 posts, read 544,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, according to Biblical writings, multiple wives are OK. Is there a Bible quote that deals with strippers? How did you find out what God has issues with?
Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female and said 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." Matthew 19: 4, 5, and 6.

God did not intend for men to take more than one wife.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery. 'But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5: 27 and 28.

Any man that says he will not look at a stripper lustfully is either asexual or a liar.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:27 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,597,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Some of my friends had them at their party and Im going to a couple of bachelor party's soon and I know for sure there will have strippers there and mostly everyone there are Christians as well.

Strippers don't do anything for me as it is looking at and throwing money away at a random stranger to shake it, so what are others thoughts on Christians having a stripper at their Bachelor/Bachelorette Party?

Me personally, I will not have any at mines when I have one.
Judge for yourself if this is a foolish question.

If in a battle, wouldn't it be foolish to ask if was okay for one to walk out in the middle of the crossfire?

The Lord says Wisdom is justified of her children. We are to pray to be led FROM temptation not walk headlong into it.

Are you going to be eating and drinking with the drunken when the Lord ?

He says if that wicked servant says in His heart that the Lord is delaying, He will come in that time when you think not.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. < the words of JESUS. Matthew 24:51

Old 05-15-2013, 02:30 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,408,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We are no longer to be shackled by the law of the Old Testament, and things that went on in ancient cultures are not the way live today - multiple wives ARE NOT okay.
For you perhaps. Some people however choose to have more than one partner and that IS ok. If it involves consenting adults - and it harms no one else - then you are not even close to being the arbiter of what is "ok" or not.

I myself am in a relationship with two women – and have been for nearly 10 years now – and we have the first of 4 planned children (they want two each) who is a wonderful little 2.5 year old full of love and life and happiness.

And it is all very much “OK†thank you very much.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:01 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,381,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Im there for the bachelor party, it is his friend that decided there will likely be a stripper. I have said many times I wouldn't get one if I had a party because I dont believe a Christian should have them at those and I was told to lighten up or that I was a uptight Christian for saying that.
If that's what your friend said, then I would be concern about his spiritual sensitivity. You don't "lighten up" to have fun. You can still have fun and not violate your own consciousness.

Last edited by ho hey!; 05-15-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,171,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
King David had six wives and numerous concubines.
King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

...but it was alright to have numerous wives and mistresses, who were sexually subservient?

Perhaps, these so called Christians are 100% bible believers?
Who have not learned that the two shall become one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
HaShem had no issues with multiple wives, but what does that have to do with strippers?...
Let's see, Solomon had 1,000 women at his disposal.
Yet, not even one was an exotic dancer?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM

116 posts, read 544,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
For you perhaps. Some people however choose to have more than one partner and that IS ok. If it involves consenting adults - and it harms no one else - then you are not even close to being the arbiter of what is "ok" or not.

I myself am in a relationship with two women – and have been for nearly 10 years now – and we have the first of 4 planned children (they want two each) who is a wonderful little 2.5 year old full of love and life and happiness.

And it is all very much “OK†thank you very much.
You are right that we do not get to say what is ok for others but Gods does.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:20 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,327,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

And it is all very much “OK” thank you very much.
"ok" by your standards, but Christians believe God holds us to different standards, ones where this is not "ok".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity