Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 PM

174 posts, read 505,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioboy33 View Post
why doesn't God seek to save even Lucifer...honestly I hope I'm not coming off trite..these are real questions in my heart
Precisely because of the reasons I gave above. Lucifer sinned under the full revelation of the righteousness of the Lord. There remains no further understanding for him. He directly chose sin over God. He thought himself the equal of God and continues to strive against Him because he feels he still has the ability to circumvent God's law and achieve victory.

All through the Scriptures he sought to destroy the manifestation of God in the flesh. From the murder of Abel, the slaughter of innocents in trying to kill Moses, right up until Herod ordered the killing of all the young male children, satan has sought to thwart God's plan to crush the serpents head. When the Messiah was revealed, Satan foolishly incited the death of Jesus and thus brought about the method of justification for the saints.

Satan is beyond redemption. Christ's blood, wrought sinlessly in flesh, is to save those who are in the flesh. There is no further revelation or justification that could save him.

Don't feel your questions are unwelcome or unusual. Every question you've asked, I once asked myself. It is a sign you are thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 11:32 PM

13 posts, read 27,087 times
thanks scamp

Old 11-02-2007, 09:33 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Default another Greg Boyd book...

Quote:
I did email it to you...and thank you so much for your generosity and desire to help....I think maybe I've been led to this place...well that sounds silly but whatever I had the notion to use this forum to find answers
I will see that you get a copy. I also noticed that Dr. Boyd has recently written another book called something like The Problem of Evil: Is God Really to Blame? I haven't read that one, but while I don't agree with Greg Boyd on every theological point, I generally find his writing to be very insightful, evident that he has thought deeply about issues. Might be worth a look at that one too given your OP.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
why doesn't God seek to save even Lucifer...honestly I hope I'm not coming off trite..these are real questions in my heart
I have often wondered what this verse means:

"For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fulness to dwell in Him and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross, through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven (or the heavens).

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-02-2007 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
In Ezekiel 28:14 God is referring to Lucifer as a seal of perfection so according to the Bible he was created perfect but pride sprung up in his heart as he coveted God's position
Hi, Christians differ in their understanding of this verse. Some believe that this verse refers to a real person and not Lucifer or satan and some even believe that it refers to Adam. One thing to note is that the word for "perfect" in this verse is translated as "blameless" in some translations in this passage. The word can mean blameless, complete, whole, without blemish but the same word is used to describe Noah in Genesis 6:9. Noah was described as blameless but was he without sin? He was described as a righteous man who walked with God but does this mean that he was without sin?

Where did the iniquity come from if this is referring to satan or Adam? If satan or Lucifer as many believed made a choice to disobey God due to pride, how did the pride develop if he was created perfect as many believe? And would a perfect creature make the wrong choice? Didn't God know what would happen when this creature was created? Just some thoughts. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-02-2007 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: typos, clarification

Old 11-02-2007, 07:32 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Quote:
Hi Guys,
I'm new and I've joined with the goal of finding an answer to these two very pressing questions.
OK so apparently Jesus always existed..john one--word was god and word was with God....Anyway did that mean God always new we were going to sin and that Jesus was always going to have to die for our sins..if so that the whole adam and eve thing was already planned out no? Kind of a rigged test?

OK Second this is the real toughie for me. God create Satan the arch angel (whatever his Angel name was) anyway..Satan got envious and wanted to rule earth and he was jealous of Gods Power....If God created Satan than did he create Satan with ingrained Sin cause you either create something perfect or imperfect. There is no free choice element to this question because if you create something perfect it can't fail impossible...100% doesn't degrade so Satan would have the character flaw that would cause him to become jealous..Also he couldn't choose to be jealous cause jealousy shouldn't have existed if you follow me.....God had created everthing and everything should have been perfect....
I relize I'm going to get the "Free Choice" answers but trust me that doesn't make sense because like I said God would have to have created that flaw...

anyway please help if you can...thanks and hi I'm Bill
So if you found the answers that you are looking for, are you saying that these answers will be the deciding factor, in your choosing God and Christianity?
I don't understand everything either, who can? I just trust in and take God at His word. One thing I can tell you that He's real. Somethings can't be figured out and with me what difference does it make, because I've lived on both sides of the fence and I can't explain it in words, all i can say that I know for a fact that Jesus is real and the Holy Spirit is from experience. My .02 cents whether or not it will make sense to anyone. I've always been a skeptic in the past. but I guess I can say I've experienced some of the same things that people in the Bible have, and that's enough proof for me. I pray that you will find what you are seeking;
God Bless You

Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 PM

157 posts, read 624,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, Christians differ in their understanding of this verse. Some believe that this verse refers to a real person and not Lucifer or satan and some even believe that it refers to Adam. One thing to note is that the word for "perfect" in this verse is translated as "blameless" in some translations in this passage. The word can mean blameless, complete, whole, without blemish but the same word is used to describe Noah in Genesis 6:9. Noah was described as blameless but was he without sin? He was described as a righteous man who walked with God but does this mean that he was without sin?

Where did the iniquity come from if this is referring to satan or Adam? If satan or Lucifer as many believed made a choice to disobey God due to pride, how did the pride develop if he was created perfect as many believe? And would a perfect creature make the wrong choice? Didn't God know what would happen when this creature was created? Just some thoughts. God bless.
Since God is God and knows all things He knew what would happen but I believe freedom to choose is the cornerstone principle of God's government. Knowing this, if God had refused to create him, don't you think He would have been repudiating that principle of free choice? I believe iniquity originated with satan when he chose to make a devil of himself.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:52 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Merged with duplicate thread on general R&P... please only post on one forum at a time!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
It seems that God only wants people in His kingdom who love Him and no one else, while Satan, Lucifer or the devil only wants free will.

If with love the bible means having no other choice, I prefer free will over this 'love'.
I agree with Milton:
Quote:
Here at least we shall be free. . . Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
John Milton, Paradise Lost
English poet (1608 - 1674)
I do not agree that free will automatically leads to being evil.
Just because most people believe that the road of the least resistance automatically ends up with being evil, doesn't mean that I will end up being evil to.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:21 AM

Quote:

Since God is God and knows all things He knew what would happen but I believe freedom to choose is the cornerstone principle of God's government. Knowing this, if God had refused to create him, don't you think He would have been repudiating that principle of free choice? I believe iniquity originated with satan when he chose to make a devil of himself.

Hi, how could this have been free choice if God knew what would happen when He created satan, or lucifer, or Adam? I don’t believe that we have absolute free will. There are many scriptures which speak to God’s sovereignty as opposed to man’s free will. For example,

"Also we have obtained at inheritance having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will…“ Ephesians 1:11

"Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and also do this or that..” James 4:14-15.

"9 For this is what the promise said, "About this time I will return and Sarah shall have a son." 10 And not only so, but also when Rebecca had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, 11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad, in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of his call, 12 she was told, "The elder will serve the younger." 13 As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! 15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16 So it depends not upon man's will or exertion, but upon God's mercy. 17 For the scripture says to Pharaoh, "I have raised you up for the very purpose of showing my power in you, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth." 18 So then he has mercy upon whomever he wills, and he hardens the heart of whomever he wills. 19 You will say to me then, "Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?" 20 But who are you, a man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "Why have you made me thus?" 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for beauty and another for menial use? Romans 9: 10-21 (Revised standard)

Where did the iniquity come from if this is referring to satan or Adam? If satan or Lucifer as many believed made a choice to disobey God due to pride, how did the pride develop if he was created perfect as many believe? God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-03-2007 at 05:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity