Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:21 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,459 times

Advertisements

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to love my neighbor as I love myself now ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule not to judge people ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule not to steal ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule not to kill ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to be peaceful ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to have faith in God ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to trust in God with the blood of Jesus ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to confess we're a sinner in need of grace ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to love your enemies ?

If all rules are evil why preach the rule to forgive people ?

Why not continue with water baptism if we preaching rules this much ? John 3:5.

Why not continue with the Sabbath if we preaching rules this much ? Hebrews 4.

Why not continue with modest living if we preaching rules this much ? 1 Timothy 6.

Why not mess with all the bible if we endorse the bible so much ? 2 Timothy 3:16.

Why not God's intrepretation and not man's intrepretation of every scripture ? 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Why not the bible for biblical revelation all the time and not some book replacing the bible
today ? 1 John 2:27.

If we preach the rule of assembly with people why not preach the rule of segregation too
and be complete about it ? 2 Cor. 6:14-17.

If we preach the rule that the blood of Jesus brings you to God why not preach the rule that all the bible brings you to God ? John 8:31.

If we preach the rule that man and woman in marriage is holy only why not preach the rule that marrying undivorced people is holy too ? Romans 7:2-3.

If we preach the rule that abortion is murder why not preach the rule that modest attire is holy
today ? 1 Peter 3:3.

If we preach the rule that sharing our faith with others is the thing to do why not preach the rule
that women don't belong in the pulpit of churches teaching or preaching ? 1 Cor. 14:34-35.

If we preach the rule that doing for the poor is the thing to do why not preach the rule not to support a bum ? 2 Thess. 3:10.

If we preach the rule to have God in our heart why not preach the rule to study and have God in your mind too ? 2 Timothy 2:15.

If we preach the rule to have wisdom why not preach the rule to despise the wisdom of man
today ? Isaiah 64:6 and Psalms 8:4 and Jeremiah 10:23.

If we preach the rule against the old law today why not preach the rule for the new law
today ? Matthew 5.

If we preach the rule to have a church pastor why not preach the rule not to follow any nice
leader ? Galations 1:8-9 and Matthew 15:14.

Again the noble goal is attracting 100% bible believers together only---Psalms 133:1 and Matt. 5:6.

Believers can't help unbelievers fit in with believers with biblical understanding enough---2 Cor. 4:3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
There is no rule in love. Love IS.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What exactly does that mean?

Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If means you can fill in the blanks.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Originally Posted by pcamps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd say the point is that when Jesus gave the "New Commandment" He knew that you don't "command" people to love, and that the point He was making was that by loving or holding concern for the well-being of the person in question there is no requirement for commands or laws, you will do what they were intended to accomplish in requiring action that supports community.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,797 times
The law God gave (rules) are not given to condamm, but to protect us from evil, because God knows when we transgress the rules we become a slave of sin (edicted) and Satan. Therefore we need a Saviour, because nobody can fulfill the rules or the law of Christ, some say are the 2 laws of love. To walk in love (agape) or in the Spirit we need to be filled with the Spirit (continously), who guides us in all truth. we have to submit and change our mind into the mind of Christ, then it is easy to avoid to walk in the flesh. But so long we are here on earth we will have the battle between flesh and Spirit. Through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ we will overcome.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If means you can fill in the blanks.
That's my concern--that when people use language like that you talk right past people and then it means anything they want it to mean.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Originally Posted by pcamps

I'd say the point is that when Jesus gave the "New Commandment" He knew that you don't "command" people to love, and that the point He was making was that by loving or holding concern for the well-being of the person in question there is no requirement for commands or laws, you will do what they were intended to accomplish in requiring action that supports community.
He said loving God and loving your neighbor summed up the Law. If anyone claims to live by that new commandment, I would question if they are doing it perfectly. If not, you're no better off than the pharisee that couldn't keep the whole Law of Moses.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM

65 posts, read 76,726 times
Deuteronomy 6
New International Version (NIV)
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

When Jesus answered the question 'which is the greatest commandment' ( according to the law) He answered by saying to 'love God and neighbor'.That is what all the laws were hinged on.These two.We might say that is an old covenant commandment and it might be(Note:He never called it a ' new commandment' ), because he was answering a question from someone who was still living under the law.Remember the law focused on our efforts to attain righteousness, which we all know failed miserably.

But when addressing his disciples he revealed to them the new way of living which is; as he had loved them, so were they to love one another.In this sense it ceases to be a law or rule because you now love others out of opening your heart to receive the love of God and when you do so, you can't help it but love others-it overflows.Firstly it is not you 'working to love God with all your heart' but rather it is God ' loving you' ; 'as I (Jesus) have loved you'.It is no longer you trying by your own effort to love God or love your neighbor as you love yourself, because we are not even capable of loving ourselves(many still consider themselves insignificant to God because of sin).It is his love in you(which you have willingly received) that is overflowing to others.When you comprehend the magnitude of God's love for you, you will reciprocate the same to others not because it is a rule/law.

John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Last edited by Musa O; 05-15-2013 at 01:01 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa O View Post

John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Are they disciples before, or after they love one another?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity