Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 03:36 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingdeer View Post
Yeshua/Jesus is our salvation. Only by Him are we saved, if you look at His life you will see that He did not ever try to change what the Father began. Yeshua/Jesus kept all of the Father's commands. He broke through the traditions of the Religious community of that time. He didn't reiterate those commands, He said that in these two, Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul and love your neighbor as yourself, fulfills the others. By following those you don't have to worry about the others. I thank Him for all that He and the Father have done for me. I don't separate the teachings of the Old and New they are one Book. I look at it like this {one is to give us an understanding of where we came from/ the other is to give an understanding of where we are going and how to get there.} Also in the N.T. over and over it is said, "if you love Me you will keep My commandments". What commandments was He speaking of?
Yes. Very convenient isn't it?

Whew!!!

"If you love me, you'll keep my commandments"
the Jesus character

And if Jesus IS God, this would make the 10 Commandments relevant today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 04:26 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by standingdeer View Post
Yeshua/Jesus is our salvation. Only by Him are we saved, if you look at His life you will see that He did not ever try to change what the Father began. Yeshua/Jesus kept all of the Father's commands. He broke through the traditions of the Religious community of that time. He didn't reiterate those commands, He said that in these two, Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul and love your neighbor as yourself, fulfills the others. By following those you don't have to worry about the others. I thank Him for all that He and the Father have done for me. I don't separate the teachings of the Old and New they are one Book. I look at it like this {one is to give us an understanding of where we came from/ the other is to give an understanding of where we are going and how to get there.} Also in the N.T. over and over it is said, "if you love Me you will keep My commandments". What commandments was He speaking of?
John 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 15:9-11

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. 11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

1 John 3:23-24

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[a] commandment.

1 John 4:21

21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

1 John 5

5 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

2 John 1:4-6

Walk in Christ’s Commandments

4 I rejoiced greatly that I have found some of your children walking in truth, as we received commandment from the Father. 5 And now I plead with you, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to you, but that which we have had from the beginning: that we love one another. 6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you are trying,surely you have not entered the rest of God. Entering begins when we walk away from the mirror and remember who we are.

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

This is an amazing scripture. God said a few let it be's and it was done and ceased from His own works
Lovely.
pcamps, where is this verse found?
Thank you so much.
Xxoo Miss Hepburn

Old 05-19-2013, 05:49 PM

811 posts, read 810,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Lovely.
pcamps, where is this verse found?
Thank you so much.
Xxoo Miss Hepburn
perhaps Galatians 5:4, I'm sure sure if that's what PCamps is talking about
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
perhaps Galatians 5:4, I'm sure sure if that's what PCamps is talking about
You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
Nope, Hebrews.....waydaminnit....4:10

Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times
Wanting to follow Gods commands doesn't alienate you from Christ or put you under a curse, it's when you think you don't need Christ and doing the law is all you need to make you good before Gods eyes, is when you have fallen from grace.

Outside of the animal sacrifice laws and ceremonial laws which Christ fulfilled and abolished those laws, all other laws are in effect for Christians morally.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM

249 posts, read 312,566 times

Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM

115 posts, read 131,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Do you really follow ALL of the 10 Commandments? The 4th commandment says to remember the Sabbath and of course, the true Sabbath is from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. I am not talking about the Catholic 10 commandments, which were changed by them, wrongly I might add. Even God, says to add or take away from anything in the Bible is against God.

The 10 commandments are for the Law and Old Covenant in the Old Testament. We are no longer under the written Law of the OC/OT. Under the New Covenant, God writes his laws on our minds and hearts. We use the Bible as a guide to get to KNOW God but we have direct access to God now because of what Jesus did.
The RCC did NOT change the 10 commandments but it is irrelevant as we don't follow them. There are two verses that talk about adding or taking away from the Bible, and neither is applicable today. The first one is in Deut. 4:2 and the second is in Rev 22:19, but as all our Bible is a compilation of these two books and others and a translation of the manuscripts, nothing has been added to those manuscripts.

BTW, I am talking about born again believers when I say we.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 AM

144 posts, read 149,298 times
If you do some checking you will see that the words that are in Italics are ADDED. I also am a believer in Yeshua/Jesus. To add to or to take from will always be applicable. The Father and Son are one, He didn't come to change anything. He came to fulfill. The Old Covenant and the Renewed Covenant in HIS BLOOD[Yeshua/Jesus] is what we have.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post

Outside of the animal sacrifice laws and ceremonial laws which Christ fulfilled and abolished those laws, all other laws are in effect for Christians morally.
There is no difference between the laws. Stop adding a corrupted Christian spin on it. All 613 Mitzvot are equal. Jesus did not abolish any law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity