Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 11:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sounds like your way of dodging difficult questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You must be kidding.
My thoughts exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That (in bold) is you accusing God .. something which you are never going to prove yourself being correct as the created.... which is where the lie begins.
No, Twin, the lie begins with wanting to condemn and then concocting the clearly untenable idea that the whole bible is dictated by or gives what God approves as a history of His dealing with mankind inorder to carry out that condemnation with a semblance of righteousness.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:02 PM

8,109 posts, read 6,851,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
That (in bold) is you accusing God .. something which you are never going to prove yourself being correct as the created.... which is where the lie begins.

Great .... so quit it with your only accusational alternatives if it doesn't fit the twisted world of liberalism theology of God only being one such way.

Once again, it only being pompous that is forcing any other answer than Sparrow expects "yes, Father ... you better have"

twin, I am unimpressed at your lack of imagination in your "spin" of things this time.
Your routine is getting a bit old. When you are able to discuss things properly, let me know. Otherwise... I will refrain from taking your bait this time around.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:30 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
You must be kidding.
Jimmie, you have dodged my questions repeatedly.

I am STILL wating for an answer to my question about how you reconcile Jesus words of forgiveness and love against the so-called commands of God calling for people to enslave people, abuse people, murder people, rape people.
I have answered that question twice. I gave you the post numbers.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:37 PM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
I have answered that question twice. I gave you the post numbers.
Some people demand answers, and when they get them, they refuse to accept them.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some people demand answers, and when they get them, they refuse to accept them.

No, I do not demand anything from anyone. I've been posting on this forum for years and I'm not an unreasonable person. I only ask people to answer questions that they keep insisting that they have answered, when they have not at all. If someone says "no, I don't know" or "I don't have an answer" or "let me ponder that" or what have you, that's great! THAT is an answer.

But to keep giving vague "answers" that don't even address the question, to me, is NOT an answer and it's not really respectful of the conversation, imho.

Simply saying "judgement" is not an answer, in any way shape or form to the question of:

"How do you RECONCILE Jesus teachings of loving your enemies (and I pointed out all of the scriptures), with the scriptures that are saying that God commanded people to sin by killing, abusing, enslaving their enemies."

Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
No, I do not demand anything from anyone. I've been posting on this forum for years and I'm not an unreasonable person. I only ask people to answer questions that they keep insisting that they have answered, when they have not at all. If someone says "no, I don't know" or "I don't have an answer" or "let me ponder that" or what have you, that's great! THAT is an answer.

But to keep giving vague "answers" that don't even address the question, to me, is NOT an answer and it's not really respectful of the conversation, imho.

Simply saying "judgement" is not an answer, in any way shape or form to the question of:

"How do you RECONCILE Jesus teachings of loving your enemies (and I pointed out all of the scriptures), with the scriptures that are saying that God commanded people to sin by killing, abusing, enslaving their enemies."
God spoke judgment on an evil people. You claim Jesus rejected such as not being of God. But, Jesus spoke of judgment often (I can list them for you if you like). I urge you to read Luke 17 as one example.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
God spoke judgment on an evil people. You claim Jesus rejected such as not being of God. But, Jesus spoke of judgment often (I can list them for you if you like). I urge you to read Luke 17 as one example.

jimmie..... that doesn't answer the question of:

How do you reconcile Jesus speaking of LOVING your enemies with God supposedly commanding people to KILL their enemies? Enslave their enemies, etc.???

You think that God had human beings KILL other human beings? You're saying YES that is what you believe because it was "God's judgement". Ok. Let's start there. So far is this correct of your beliefs?

I will add this. If you don't want to discuss it, that's fine. Just say so.
We can pick it up a later date if you wish.
Conversations do NOT have to be battles.
They can be exchanges in ideas, I thrive much better when they are just that.
I'm sure you probably do, as well.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
jimmie..... that doesn't answer the question of:

How do you reconcile Jesus speaking of LOVING your enemies with God supposedly commanding people to KILL their enemies? Enslave their enemies, etc.???

You think that God had human beings KILL other human beings? You're saying YES that is what you believe because it was "God's judgement". Ok. Let's start there. So far is this correct of your beliefs?
You already know the answer.

My turn. You believe Jesus said "Love your enemies", but He did NOT speak of judgment?

Old 05-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
You already know the answer.

My turn.

We're not playing a game, we're trying to have a conversation.

I am clarifying your beliefs to be sure I understand you. When you say "you already know the answer" that's not helping the conversation flow. I don't like to ASSUME anything.

But, since you don't seem to want to talk of reconciling Jesus teachings with God commanding people to kill others, and you seem to want to talk of judgement... what is the purpose of God's judgements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity