Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Romans 3:25

God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness,
God demonstrate his righteousness by presenting Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood... without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

That is why it is essential to understand the correct meaning of the cross.
Forgiveness is an acknowledgement of a wrongful act, which recognizes the truth of the matter.
It does not transfer blame to the victim, but releases them from the bondage of the perpetrator(s).

In addition, it's an act of love: "Father, forgive them!"

For what power has love, but forgiveness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
[font=Verdana][i]It appears to me that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day.
What 'appears' to you contradicts the verses I quoted.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Pleroo, you have an opportunity to find God if you are looking. The disappointed ones will be those (of us) who believe we already have found Him. Jesus said He is more concerned with the one sheep that is lost than the 99 which are found.

Most of the inerrantists always have a limited view of God. They are unable to see the big picture. Although they give lip service to the fact that God made everything, they are never able to see the holy hidden within what they consider to be profane. But if God made it, it still has a thread of His Spirit within in it.

And if His Spirit is in it, there are no "levels" of holiness IMO. To the inerrantist, the Bible is the most holy, and anything else God does is not quite so holy because if it were, it would have to be on the same level as the Bible. Convuluted thinking, to say the least.

But, yes, I do believe it is essential to understand the meaning of the cross for you, as I need to understand it for me.
Very true.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
To the inerrantist, the Bible is the most holy, and anything else God does is not quite so holy because if it were, it would have to be on the same level as the Bible. Convuluted thinking, to say the least.
It seems convolued to you, because the claim is false. I have never met a person who thinks Bible is the most holy, and I doubt I ever will.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It would be nice if someone would share the meaning of the cross which is different from the meaning decribed in the Bible, but every time I ask, everyone who claims to have the answer will refuse to share it. If I knew such secrets, I couldn't wait to share it with everyone, like the apostols shared everything the Spirit told them.
No answer would be to your satisfaction,while you believe the cross as anything to do with being saved from eternal.
How come you are holding back on sharing who gave you the authority to condemn that which you disapprove of, and if Jesus didn't condemn that which he didn't approve of, why do you ?. I can't wait to hear, yet you will not share it, I would love to know the secret source, because its nowhere to be found in scripture.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No answer would be to your satisfaction,while you believe the cross as anything to do with being saved from eternal.
How come you are holding back on sharing who gave you the authority to condemn that which you disapprove of, and if Jesus didn't condemn that which he didn't approve of, why do you ?. I can't wait to hear, yet you will not share it, I would love to know the secret source, because its nowhere to be found in scripture.
If you are incapable of ansering, then don't answer. A non-answer proves my point anyway.

Strawman baits ignored.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are incapable of ansering, then don't answer. A non-answer proves my point anyway.

Strawman baits ignored.

You shouldn't be accusing others of what you do yourself, that is my point, no strawman.

No answer would be to your satisfaction, while you believe the unscriptural belief of salvation from hell via the cross. I have also given instances for example of Jesus telling the woman at Simon the Pharisees house,that her faith saved, and at the house of Zacchaeus, Jesus saying today salvation has come to his house, Jesus telling folk their sins ARE forgiven before he died on a cross. The Cross is not the escape route out of the eternal hell you believe in.

Here's another thing Peters Pentecost message was not a message of believe Jesus died on the cross for you to escape eternal, to the Athenians no mention of the cross or even Jesus dying for them,just repent,and that's just off the top of my head, there are many instances in the book of Acts that the message bares no resemblance to that of the bible inerrantist( which to be quite honest is astounding considering inerrantists claim to know and believe it 100%)..

Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You shouldn't be accusing others of what you do yourself, that is my point, no strawman.
Nah, you changed the topic and started talking about me, which is something you always do when your views are challenged.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Well, the only thing Jesus said about the cross as it pertained to others, was that they should take up their cross and follow him. I would think we could all at least agree about THAT, and perhaps discuss what that means.

Or not.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Or not.
Open a thread about it. It is a good topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity